Kingswoodmans 1973 HQ Project

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _kingswoodman_

_kingswoodman_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

Righteo well here's the start of my first real go at doing up a car.

My project is my white 1973 HQ Kingswood In pretty much original condition bar the steering, which I believe is out of a HZ. It was my first car and bought it when I was 16 for $2,300 off a bloke in Castle Hill, NSW. It was my daily driver for 3 years until she had a bit of an episode with the red stuff that burns things under the bonnet. To this day I still am yet to figure out why.

Anyway unfortunately the exterior of the car has started to suffer the effects of cancer, so my first goal at this stage is to strip the panels off and get them inspected to see which are salvagable and which are throw aways. Already it's obvious that the right side drivers door has issues, and already the bonnet due to the fire is gone.

As for the engine bay, the only real casualty from the fire is burnt wiring looms/wires and the bonnet. My first goal as far as the block goes is to get it looked at and reconditioned. From the previous owners history it has roughly 300 grand on the clock since its rebuild. I am still undecided yet as to what exactly, if any modifications will be made to the drivetrain. Has a standard 202 Trimatic setup in it at the moment.

Plan on doing a bit more to it tomorrow, with pics to follow!

#2 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

Finally another Kingswood Project on the forum!

Good Luck with it!

#3 _bathurst-racer_

_bathurst-racer_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:26 PM

I drive a HQ Kingswood as my daily driver, they're a great beast. I'm stripping a '73 ute and would love the bits to go to a good home. Send a message if you're interested.

#4 _kingswoodman_

_kingswoodman_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

PM sent :<_<:

#5 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

I have one I used as daily for a while and set it up as tow car but didn't work out well
I took out the 6 and auto, fitted 253 with manual but the 10 bolt I put in is too high a ratio (didn't check)
has dual fuel and GTS gauges
still nice to drive

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users