#1 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

Hey all,

Thought i would share some pics of my new daily i picked up 2 weeks ago. its a 2001 Holden VX Berlina, Gen3, Auto, 86,000klms, HBD sunroof and all the power stuff. The dealer also chucked on some brand new VE SS 19's! Loving it so far, just need some decent highway driving to really open her up :D

Berlina 1

Berlina 2

berlina 3

Berlina 4

Short term plans are to keep her pretty stock, definently needs some lowering and just a cat back exhaust from Sureflo @ Ingleburn. The do a 'drone free' system which has a sweet V8 growl to it. Will probably get a tune done after the exhaust to help with economy and to get the best out of it.

Long term i will probably do extractors & the rest of the exhaust, an OTR intake and tune. Dont want to put too much cash into it as the Torana will be off the road soon for a freshen up :spoton:

cheers,
mick

#2 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

Very nice!

I like it! Lower it a few inches definitely! I love the VE SSV wheels, i want a set for my ute.

Best thing you can do is get an OTR and a Mafless tune, Not only does the economy improve, but its a new car to drive!

#3 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

There was a time when people were impressed if you went up an inch in diameter when you got new wheels.....

You've gained 4 inches !!!!!!

#4 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:13 PM

V nice, I like the calais/berlina range, nice opted cars compared to the ol torana eh.

#5 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:03 PM

i have a VXSS and got a set of pacemaker extractors put on the donk and a 2 1/2in redback system and a 3" straight through muffler on tha ass and its got a nice growl whe nya open it up but kinda quiet when needs be, nice looking rig ya picked up and the k's are nice and low too, mine has just hit 100k now

#6 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

Mine just clocked over 200,000k's and still going strong! So u will have heaps of good solid k's ahead of you!

#7 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

Cheers for the positive comments guys, just needed something i could drive everyday and be comfortable in. Nothing worse than going to see clients in summer, all sweaty afta just getting out of the torana lol.

MRLXSS - Was reading the thread on your ute and the progess you made with tune & OTR, so will definently get that done eventually. Just need to save $$$ - going overseas, then buying a car has left the bank balance a whole lot lighter!

Will post some more pics when i get new springs for it :D

EDIT - forgot to mention it looks as though the Gen3 had a rebuild (or was replaced) under warranty cause it has a new engine number stamped on it, so shouldnt have to worry about the oil consumption too much

Edited by LOWS2, 10 July 2009 - 12:45 PM.

#8 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

Very nice!

I like it! Lower it a few inches definitely! I love the VE SSV wheels, i want a set for my ute.

Best thing you can do is get an OTR and a Mafless tune, Not only does the economy improve, but its a new car to drive!

What are peoples long term experiences with MAF-less tuning.

In my workshop I find that they are very hard on oxygen sensors. Most of the ones that I see only get 6 to 9 months before the oxygen sensors die. I've tried many different brands of sensor to no avail. 3 of my customers have re-fitted the MAF & had then re-tuned to suit, then no problems.

On another topic. Depending on your mileage (& hip pocket) have you considered LPG. I've fitted several sequential LPG injection systems to VT & VX with great results. $30-35 for 400km in Sydney traffic sure beats donating your hard earned $$ to the Arabs. With the Govt rebate they pay for themselves in quick time & there's is no loss of performance with the injected LPG systems. With tuning to match, you can get an increase, as you can with petrol.

Dr Terry.

#9 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

very nice mate i bought a VT series 2 2001 model Calais the berlina calais vt/vx range drive very nicely.

but unlike yours mines a v6 but it's had work done should pull around 210 rwkw

#10 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

but unlike yours mines a v6 but it's had work done should pull around 210 rwkw

DAMN! What type of work! Supercharger?

Needs a heap of work to put out 210rwkw!

#11 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

thats what my mate who works at a dyno reckons it will pull
the pull 161 rwkw standard

it hasn't been dynoed yet so he might be wrong i reckon about 190 rwkw

we think the head's have been tickled ie port and polish different rockers but still yet to be checked
the visible mods were custom made induction kit ie big mouth bigger throat k and n filter
pacemaker extractors through to a redback cat then a lukey twin mufflers and twin 3.0 inch tip
oh and i almost forgot a stage 4 chip (thats why we think the heads have been worked)

i could be wrong about the head work i guess i'll find out when it goes on the dyno on wednesday

cheers josh

p.s. btw i bought the car from the dealer like that not knowing that at all i thought ohh it has a sports exhaust :P

Edited by gen3torrie, 10 July 2009 - 02:40 PM.

#12 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

Post your results when you get them Josh! I'd be interested to see.

#13 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

okk then i will sorry about hijacking the thread mate

#14 _devil cv8_

_devil cv8_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

thats what my mate who works at a dyno reckons it will pull
the pull 161 rwkw standard

if you are talking about a normal V6 and not the super 6 then 161rwkw standard is absolute rubbish.
gentech in canberra put their workshop wagon V6 up which had a reasonable amount of work done and pulled mid 140rwkw, and my stock 190kw sv6 pulled 0.2 kw more. Pretty sure it was 146.4 for the sv6. In comparison, my VE SS A6 stock pulls 220rwkw

#15 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

oh ok anyway i did say i could be wrong didn't i :P

anyway i guess well see what it pulls on the dyno then lol

i don't reckon it will be anything big

edit i just checked on the site hahaha super six pul 161 rwkw standard

Edited by gen3torrie, 10 July 2009 - 06:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users