ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

[quote name='82911'

Bazza, your right...YES..
But Millissa was more accurate.. and sometimes it is ONLY THE FACTS THAT COUNT.

Hi Greg

You didn't really think I would let that one go through to the keeper did you?

Millissa didn't offer anything positive other than to say I was wrong, adding that if she was wrong the Chassis Number in question
would be one of the 1st 3 XU-1s but not one of the 1st 50.

I didn't send this thread off-track, but I will defend my position until somebody proves me wrong with solid evidence.

Pehaps Millissa can PM and prove to me where I have it all wrong.

Cheers

Bazza

#52 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

she want pm you, she is only here to sell her parts and then blow out again, i think you hg350 are a very rude person, [whys that], well it was me whom send you a msn about your nibless rims, tryin to be freindly by letting you know if you publish the date codes thay could be worth more, your replie was rude and sorry greg i class you as a very close freind, but fxxk her.

cheers gong

#53 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

here here Gong !

No need to defend yourself bazza, we all know who will still be around next month to keep helping out....

Edited by Skapinad, 18 July 2009 - 05:38 PM.

#54 ljmate

ljmate

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:13 PM

Hi fellow torana nutters & guru's. First time & wet behind the ears when it comes to online forums.. But I had the nouse to buy this LJ in nov. 84 & just retrieved from dry / dark storage in The Mexican countryside. Some 1900 k's round trip from Sydney home, where she now resides.. In need of EXPERT & HONEST ADVICE from a fellow xu owner and pref. nsw club member who could inspect and direct me along the right path.. Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.. email [email protected] or phone 0447330889.. Fingers crossed...

PLEASE NOTE :: Tyre Kickers Need Not apply G,day looking at the photo it looks like the the rear spoiler is screwed on from the outside . i think the original xu1 spoilers were screwed on from the inside of the boot lid . cheers

#55 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

Fella's... I think I've been around here long enough for you all to know that I don't take sides....
I just call it as i see it. Sometimes it is BLUNT!
If Millissa was rude in a PM then that is between her and the person PM'd...
And I agree that Bazza's information is invaluable here... Just calling it as I see it.. that too many are too quick to jump to defensive position and make it personal. When all it was was 2 people trying to isolate the build sequence of a particular car.
Any rudeness or personal differences is not what I was referring to.... I don't go there.. that's for each party to work out for themselves...

Peace out....

Cheers Greg..

#56 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:35 AM

Hi LJM8,
Firstly yes you are right with the fact that rear spoiler ain't original = I think many torries of the 70's thru 80's suffered a bingle and sadly some much worse, In a few cases I'm sure it was thu green eyed monster driving those other things ( ie: 4 letter word starting with F... ) " Couldn't beat em --- So knock em outa thu way Kinda Attitude "... second previous owner from 82 saw to it that my new car in 84 was no exception... Sure it has a couple of RUFF patches in 2009... But it hadn't seen a drop of H20 in 18+ years... So I hope to scource genuine parts for thu rebuild... Thanks 4 Yo Comments...

#57 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:42 AM

Some pic's a couple of members kindly requested, so took em yesterdy...
All signs show very little body RUST so that's a HUGE +
[attachment
=3588:10.jpg]

#58 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

Looks like another xu1 saved from the dust pile :clap:

#59 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

hi andrew,
have you had any time to start work on your pride and joy?
or have you made a plan of some kind,in regard to power plant etc
if you want to rev it, chev it,hehehe

cheers craig

#60 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:31 AM

Firstly apollogies to all for not noticing this notice for a few months +, Have had some computer prob's, but that's a poor excuse... " NO REALLY IS A POOR EXCUSE FOR A COMPUTER "
HUGE thanks to BAZZA for all his time and efforts, plus homework to once again enlighten us with his wisdom...

Craig I have been able to do a bit here N there, but being permantly impaired with lower back & left leg prob's it's a case of slow & steady does it, plus the dreaded bank balance ain't looking 2 good this side of Chrissy...
Sadly Power Plant's are just dreams at this time Dude, Have always been a fan of " Real Buick & Chev v6's " but only time will tell... Until then it's a case of trying to preserve what I have from the harsh Sydney weather and with some luck will get some REAL work done in the not too distant future...

Maybe I can convince " THU MASTER " Chip Foose to bring his team Down Under & OVERHAUL my Torrie.... That dream is gunna leave a wet patch 4 sure !!! Posted Image

#61 _sp1nner72_

_sp1nner72_
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:25 AM

Hi all, first time poster, but VERY long time owner...

The best advice I can offer is the *only* appropriate engine for this genuine car is a red 6. It's a shame the original engine has been nicked, but this car will be best served by reinstalling another red 6 to keep it as standard as possible.

In my opinion (which would certainly not be the same for all) I say the same applies for any two door LC/LJ - keep them as standard as possible!! Those who like to go nuts modifying cars mechanically, changing interiors etc, by all means go nuts on 4 doors but leave those precious remaining 2 doors alone...

Good luck with the restore of this car, will be worth the effort.

NB:
restore [rɪˈstɔː]vb (tr)
to return (something, esp a work of art or building) to an original or former condition
to bring back to health, good spirits, etc.
to return (something lost, stolen, etc.) to its owner
to reintroduce or re-enforce to restore discipline
to reconstruct (an extinct animal, former landscape, etc.)

Cheers

Edited by sp1nner72, 22 November 2009 - 08:26 AM.

#62 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

Where are you at with this at the moment, Andrew?

#63 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

Wow I had forgotten about this thread so Thanks for asking Craig, About a month or 2 away from paint is where I'm at, After replacing floor pans, and fabricating other pieces from gal steel the ole girl is coming along nicely with zero cancer it's going to be many years prior to any further signs of the dreaded stuff... It's been bare metaled all over and I have Master Series Silver Primer going on as rust preventative (This stuff is used on things like off shore oil rigs, bridges & ships that are immersed in salt water, has a 25 year guarantee) so good enough for 1 of The General's Finest... Then it'll be painted in the colourful stuff and as we all know that's when the fun begins... I have secured many new engine parts and IMO it's actually cheaper to build the Chebby 6 using best possible parts as apposed to building the Holden variant using in some cases only what's available... GM did produce a few hundred thousand + more engines than GMH and they also got more than a fair share of high performance use, So new parts can still be had & regularly at less coin than those for Our lil ole Red...... So whilst the billy cart won't make T-Fest this year there's a more than good chance it'll be at the next in 2016......

#64 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

Sorry forgot to add pictures to this thread of my powerplant, Have posted before on another thread but some may not have spotted that & Besides there's always room for an Inline 6 "Eh Bomber"...... Basically it's same mods required to fit a Chevy 8 into LJ as both engines share same bell housing & a few other things... Some of the new pieces I've gathered, I'm starting with a New Old Stock Virgin block, full arp stud kits & clevite bearings throughout, custom ground crankshaft & girdle to hold it in place, carillo rods, forged arias slugs, new solid grind camshaft to replace the full race roller from old engine, a set of ferrea inlet / exhaust valves for Mr. Duggan with isky springs, MLS head gasket and also replaced the weber manifolds for a special proto-type 4 barrel piece to make my proposed Stage 2 engine development = fully polished vortech V2 crank driven hairdryer that little bit easier... Also have a new set of ceramic coated headers on their way Down Under for exhausting the beast, Plus the much needed torque plate for that boring job Kind Thanks to Jeff / LS1Hatch in Cali.....

Attached Files

• Attached File  4.jpg   186.19K   4 downloads
  • Attached File  4h.jpg   189.66K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  4j.jpg   174.22K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  5g.jpg   148.86K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  5h.jpg   150.59K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  5i.jpg   93.24K   1 downloads

Edited by WhaleOilBeefHooked, 01 June 2015 - 10:43 AM.

#65 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

More......

Attached Files

#66 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:01 AM

And even more......

Attached Files

#67 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

Last pic for now & Crowning Jewel, "Whilst injection is nice I'd Rather Be Blown"......

Attached Files

• Attached File  zzzz.JPG   179.29K   3 downloads

#68 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

I see you have one of those rare tall deck 202's with two welch plugs missing in the second and third picks....

#69 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

Yes indeed it's rare as a dodo bird mate, forgot to mention the Arias slugs were custom made for me, And the time they took to make = I'm sure Nick Arias Snr was out back whittling them from a forged billet 1 at a time, if not obvious new ATI 6 & 3/4" balancer that will require one of those toothed pulleys added for Stage 2 as real blowers have teeth......

Edited by WhaleOilBeefHooked, 01 June 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#70 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,549 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:36 PM

The straight six the XU1 should have had.

post-7754-0-66882800-1433117224.jpg

#71 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:26 PM

You Know That's Right Dave, Bloody GMH wanting to do their own thing, One could only imagine how quick the XU-1 would have been with 300 odd ponies, Thankfully I'll experience this 1st hand, Although mines only GTR... Both the grey & red motors were designed from Gm's Blue Flame & Short Deck six cylinder our Aussie alternative is just a smaller version of Their Bigger Brothers from over the water... Even South Africa whilst getting the new modeled rolling bodies from OZ, were usually always fitted with the Bowtie alternative, Argentina / Brazil loved em so much they had to be forced not to use in their latest models of family cars around 96--98, And was the last country to still be fitting  these from new, There's current drag cars over that way running these engines pushing a lazy 1300+ hp... My NOS block is Hecho En Mexico / Made in Mech-i-Co (And no that's not down south Victoria either) From what I've learnt were the strongest blocks made... 2nd picture shows GMH where in actual fact the red's only had GM so I'll get the thinners out & remove that damn H, But the 202 remains as "some egg-spurts" wouldn't know any different......

Edited by WhaleOilBeefHooked, 01 June 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#72 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:18 PM

Have you notched the firewall yet?

#73 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:07 AM

Sure have Craig and just need a little further persuading on the trans tunnel to smooth out, I even modified the rear seat frame somewhat... Have had a pair of 80's / sorta period correct front Recaro seats with mesh headrests in good condition for a few years now, These came factory fitted to Alfa GTV's of the time,  I also scored an extra pair of mesh headrests from same guy the seats came from for grand total of $100, Considering the headrests alone sell for around $200 per pair = Bargain Indeed... Then some time back noticed a guy on fleBay wrecking out an 01 Alfa 156 with full leather interior, Only the front seats had already sold so he offered to give me the rear seat FOC / Freebie as nobody wanted it, It was in perfect & almost never sat on condition all that cost me was a trip to Bankstown... I then decided to remove the steel frame from rear of that seat plus cut up an original torana rear seat frame to incorporate both into the rear seat frame pictured... Clips onto original rear firewall mounts & also the wheel well mounts plus used the 4 Alfa mounts and put large nut serts / rivnuts through floor pan & channel so it can now bolt onto those 4 spots as well... Now all there's left to do is take front & rear seats to trimmers and have re-done in new leather with recaro fabric, The foam rear seat can be cut & moulded to suit framework, Oh and whilst I was at it added the rear mounts for the extra pair of headrests,  so recaro mesh headrests on all 4 seats, with fold down arm rest incorporated into centre of rear......

Attached Files

#74 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:12 AM

Sorry for single pic's = files are slightly too large & I'm not computer savvy, So suck it up princess......

Attached Files

• Attached File  7d.JPG   578.94K   2 downloads

#75 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:15 AM

Side wheel well mounts...Alfa mounts

Attached Files

• Attached File  7e.JPG   589.75K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  7g.JPG   600.71K   0 downloads

Edited by WhaleOilBeefHooked, 02 June 2015 - 12:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users