gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car:Holden Torana LC 1970 Coupe

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:04 PM

My dad is saying to me that "you better get the interior fixed as soon as possible as it is defectable!" but............
I wanna know the truth, Is It Defectable or it isnt defectable??? cos my interior is a bit rough needs fixing up like carpet...back seat is shredded.....but i was gonna replace it all anyway....

Also on the Steering Wheel which is wooden......is that defectable as it is wood or is that okay......i know that another member said it might be defectable as it might be a bit small in diameter and it is pretty small......

and the Exhaust pipes are just behind the wheels do i need to move the exhaust pipes to the back of the car as i have a LC 2 Door i have been told i didnt have to as the exhaust cant get into the car.......

it would be great if i knew the truth....

btw my mate says i can check the steering wheel code which can be looked at the Australian Standards which i can find out if it is legal

#2 _Cane_It_

_Cane_It_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:16 PM

exhaust most definitely has to exit the rear of the vehicle, got defected for running a dump pipe years ago...

#3 _tj81_

_tj81_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

100% defectable.

Seats need to be in good condition, with no metal or springs showing ect ect ect

#4 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:26 PM

Agreed with ^^^ it's very possible to get a defect for a cracked dash....

Oh and another defect - albeit slightly off topic.. for not having water in your windscren washer bottle - yup it's all happened before.

Cheers
Herne

#5 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:27 PM

In some states they dont approve of wooden steering wheels, you can get defected if there are holes in the footwells cant you? If you have a Cracked windscreen thats a no no. Things that obstract your view, Important things that need to work. Tacho, Speedo, etc. If it's crap you can get defected for it realisticly.

*Liam

#6 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:05 PM

they can get you for heaters not working too if it's factory fit

#7 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:08 PM

It is easy to research the answers for these question yourself. Try www.vicroads.vic.gov.au

#8 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:31 PM

here in newcastle we clear heaps of defects at work and the golden rule is if its not standard it needs a engineering report.

also everything must work and be in good condition.

but in nsw there are differant types of defects, part or full inspection and also pink or blue slip inspection.

most cops defect cars full inspection, blue slip. that means car has to perfect and legal to pass.

#9 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:33 PM

two words

'fluffy dice' :tease:

Steve

#10 laspy

laspy

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:24 PM

dont forget the best defect of all... threads hanging from the seatbelts!!!

#11 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:08 PM

or keys not staying in the ignition barrel when the engine is turned on...on that note, you could always get seat covers from supercheap or what not

how would they know if your speedo is working or not if your sitting still getting a ticket written out - just a thought. :blink:

#12 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:32 AM

the silly thing is that your speedo does not have to work to pass a major blue slip. any questions you may need in nsw just ask.

#13 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:18 AM

Don't give yourself an ulcer, just get it checked and then you'll be 100% certain on the things that require attention.

The pet thing to pick on this year seems to be loose front seats, in NSW anyways.

#14 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:24 AM

doors with loose door pins, so theres abit of travel up and down if you open your door. I'm going through the motions now blue slipping in NSW.

#15 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:28 PM

AS LONG AS THE DOOR CAN OPEN EASY FROM THE INSIDE AND OUT SIDE IT WILL PASS A BLUE SLIP. A BIT OF MOVEMENT IS OK.

#16 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:16 PM

What you get pinged on really does depend alot on the person doing the inspection on the day. Just get it inspected, and then you'll know. They only get one bite of the cherry, so fix the things they pick up and you'll be away.

P.S. Maybe avoid getting it done Monday or late Friday afternoon.

#17 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:44 PM

exhaust most definitely has to exit the rear of the vehicle, got defected for running a dump pipe years ago...

I'm pretty sure that the exhaust has to exit behind the rearward most opening into the passenger cabin, which in the case of an LC 2 door is behind the side 1/4 windows. Bad news for an LX hatch though, as the rear most opening is the hatch itself.

#18 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:46 PM

Hatch is not an operable/opening window, the glass itself is fixed. Would be 150mm vertical line behind the hinged rear windows, unless of course you made those inoperable, i.e. a bolt through the mechanisms.

#19 gooley

gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:44 PM

It is easy to research the answers for these question yourself. Try www.vicroads.vic.gov.au

thats really funnay as i live in South Australia but cheers on the website no needed at all...lol...

#20 gooley

gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

yeah also another question is do i have to change my B&M Shifter to make it not shiny cos my mates say they are defectable as it is too shiny as it is chrome??????

#21 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:02 PM

You can get defected for anything really, but alot of people have them, it just depends on the cops mood really.

#22 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Funnily enough chrome is only a concern outside the car, i.e. my chrome plenum panel. Even though it is engineered, the rego guys just wouldn't come at it (not visible from inside the car at all). The only time I've been blinded by glare is off the key in the ignition!!! Go figure.

B&M shifter should be fine.

P.S. I have a Yella plenum panel in the shed if it ever becomes an issue, although as it's on the eng. certificate, haven't had the need thus far.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 29 March 2006 - 05:05 PM.

#23 gooley

gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:22 PM

I am just also wondering (You most prolly already sick of me wondering lol) about the Drop Tank in the Boot of me Torana LC .....just wanna know is that defectable in South Australia?????

Here is the Pic of the Drop Tank
Posted Image

Here is the Exhaust....behind both of the tyres they are.....
Posted Image

and here is the Steering Wheel which may be defectable which i dont know yet
Posted Image

#24 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:27 PM

Get the damn inspection and all will be revealed. Your too young to have ulcers.

I've had some absolute POS cars, and they've sailed through the rego checks. You'll never never know if you never never go.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 29 March 2006 - 06:29 PM.

#25 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:34 PM

Take the car through, keep your mouth shut about what you believe will not be passed and let them pick what they want and then get those items fixed. Those words came to me via an engineer who works for rego! No names no pack drill.....

Cheers
Herne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users