Lakeside Classic speed fest

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hey guys just thought i'd post this up, its on on the 19th and 20th of september (saturday and sunday)

They have group C and A touring cars as well as a whole heap of others - i lost my flyer for it.

If i find it i will post up more info or if they update their website!

Cheers, Rowan

#2 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:14 AM

The power and the glory returns to Lakeside.

Queensland�s legendary Lakeside Park motor racing circuit is set to relive its glorious past, when a flotilla of period racers fire into action for the Lakeside Classic Speed Fest. The Lakeside Classic Speed Fest is a multi category event featuring racing, sprints, regularity, a mini hill climb and the Shannons Show and Shine.

The picturesque Lakeside Park circuit on Brisbane�s outskirts welcomes back cars from the renowned Group C and Group A category, that made up the heyday of the Australian Touring Car Championship, as the feature group of this incredible line up.

Cars such as the XD Falcon, the VK Commodore, the Ford Mustang and the mighty R31 and R32 Nissan Skylines became lifetime fan favourites during the 1980s. Fans can relive those lasting memories when genuine Group C and Group A tourers such as Mark Skaife�s R31 Skyline are let loose around the challenging Lakeside track.

Other categories making up the Lakeside Classic Speed Fest include Group Nb and Group Nc historic touring cars, classic race cars (open wheelers), classic sports cars, the MG Car Club regularity and the GEAR hill climb. Making its debut on the Lakeside track, the hill climb will commence at the Kink, run up through Karasel and finish under the bridge.

The Lakeside Classic Speed Fest also features trade stalls, pocket bikes, the Shannons Super Rig and the Lakeside Museum. With entry set at $20 per day or $30 for a weekend pass, the Lakeside Classic Speed Fest is one motor racing event not to be missed!

Date range
Sat 19 September 2009 - Sun 20 September 2009 Show dates
Time
9am - 4pm both days
Where
Lakeside Park Raceway, Lakeside Road, Kurwongbah

How Much
$20 daily pass; $30 weekend pass; Children 12 and under free; Students 13-16/Pensioners $10 daily; payable at the gate

#3 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

shame its on same weekend as Toranafest

#4 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

yeah it is a big shame. There are alot of date clashes atm. not good. you would think they would look at all big events and schedule them on a different weekend

#5 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

See ya there mate, should be a great day.

#6 AbsynthHatch

AbsynthHatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Name:Mark

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

Pictures please guys.....

#7 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:00 AM

Will do, check my photobucket link tomorrow night.

#8 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

Pics are in my link below, top day, some great NC action as normal. Bowdens had Moffats XYGT, Johnsons Sierra out for a blast at lunch time as did Gary Hinton in the Morris A9X, all sounded sensational. I havent uploaded the vids yet, but will tomorrow.

#9 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

I only found out at Speed that Gary is my old mate Teds brother!..All these years never knew...
R

#10 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

http://s617.photobuc...nt=M2U00056.flv check this out.

#11 _bundy_

_bundy_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:05 PM

Great video & pictures Rocket, I didn't see you there, was a great day.

#12 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

Didn't see you there either Rod, which day did you go down?

You're right the 3 big name group C/A cars sounded and looked awesome. Chris Bowden was still doing 1:00 neat lap times! very impressive. And I laughed so hard at the wanker that crashed his FPV Cobra sedan into the fence in the parade laps.

#13 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:16 PM

Geez that looked scary!!

Thanks for the pictures.

#14 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:31 AM

Went out on sunday Rowan, left about 1pm, have more vids loading now, should be ready by 8am.

#15 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:15 AM

http://s617.photobucket.com/albums/tt251/bjracing/?action=view&current=M2U00056.flv check this out.

I bet he needed a change of pants..lucky boy

#16 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:33 AM

OK, the other vids are up, on my photobucket link, only short, but get the sounds of the old girls. Rod.

#17 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:54 AM

He came back in the third race and had a cracker of a race. Was bloody good racing in the group n.

I am surprised i didn't see you rod, i was there all day. Mostly in the infield though.

#18 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:22 AM

I was looking out for you, but didnt really run into anyone I knew except Marty White, and Bruce dummett.

#19 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:48 PM

Did Bruce tell you about his bad luck on saturday arvo?

#20 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

Yes mate, bet that was a hell ride, very lucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users