Removal of Brake Booster

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:43 PM

G'day,

I want to remove the brake booster to tidy it up a little (respray it). The two nuts on the leftside side (inside cabin) are proving real buggers to get to with a spanner or socket as there is not much room up there. I reckon I could get to them if I undid the bolts holding the steering column in place but Im not sure if it will simply drop down or what.

How have other people done this?

Cheers,

Big T

#2 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

Persistence is what is required. You can drop the steering wheel, and yep it will drop down onto the seat without damage, but at the same time, won't help your cause.

Can always check on E-Bay for Go-Go Gadget arms. Alternatively, I've found an extension bar with a flexible joint most useful in getting to the buggers.

#3 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:40 PM

pfft, brake booster? *pats strong right leg* :blink:

#4 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:27 AM

Thanks Yella, the persistence paid off. I scrounged around the toolbox and found an extension bar or two and a flexible joint which got me out of bother. Had to drop the steering wheel to get enough clearnance for the top left nut. Pulled the booster off and brake fluid pee'd out the vacuum hose hole, but thats another post!

Couldnt find the go-go gadget arms on eBay, must have been sold already, but I did find a Batman utility belt.

Cheers,

Big T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users