STREET MACHINE = ME ANRGY

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:44 PM

Now what the hell is going on, its been 11 days streetmachine has been out and yet it still hasnt come in the mail! This is annoying and happens every month, woudnt it be easyer just to not be subscribed and then you dont have to buy crap issues?

Does anyone else have this problem!?!

#2 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:52 PM

mine was on time this month :spoton:

#3 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Lucky you! Bloody street machine, this issue better be worth it

#4 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

Go to the local newsagent and have a read til yours comes in the mail.

Kids of today :rolleyes:

#5 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:00 PM

dont get me started on street machine.

If you think waiting for your mag to come on time is bad, try getting your car in readers cars and winning a prize and hmm what has it been since OCT last year and im still waiting. They continue to tell me its on the way, but have had excuses that therve run out of meguires packs, HELLO there sponsored by them!!! and does this mean no one else has recieved there prize also?

You'd expect these antics from a low income mag, but a highly sussessful magazine you think theyd be able to send it out on time and also send prize packs out, or otherwise dont say weve won something in the first place!!!!

ehgirl :furious:

#6 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:07 PM

Kids of today :rolleyes:

Ha! Everyone regards me as a kid, but im more educated when it comes to cars then my dads workmates (Dad works in the car buisness). Pretty sad isnt it!

As for Deb I remeber your car being in there, now it makes sense, I didnt know it was your car! Looks nuts! Im gonna go have a read of it now!

#7 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:11 PM

I agree EHGIRL< it is even worse when they take YOUR details and say they want to do a spread on your car and they never call. Talk about get your hopes up. They don't want to Know unless it's got a 1000hp and had 1/4 million dollars spent on it.

#8 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

One of my padawans (read apprentice) subscribes....and he tells me he gets it almost 2 weeks before the shops....I was a subscriber but I had your trouble and have hardly read it since my sub run out.

Is that d@#khead Seddon (Sneddon..whatever) still the editor? He killed that mag.
Zoom is a much better read except its getting away from its roots.

#9 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:18 PM

Looks like every magizine goes south...

#10 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:19 PM

Don't mean to be rude FastEH but zoom is usually full of rice. Extreme is the way to go. Performance Build Ups isn't bad either.
Cheers Chris.

#11 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

Thats whats putting me off a bit..too much rice....I nead muscle in my diet.

I have all of the Zooms right back to the start....they were tops back then.

#12 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:31 PM

Me to FastEH but it turned me off about 2 Years ago I had all the zooms. Just to many friggin skylines etc.
Cheers Chris.

#13 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

ZOOM went to s*** as soon as Julian Edgar sold the magazine, its was the best magazine in australia when he was the editor, now i dont buy it as its now more for big money spenders(ie.Skylines etc) not the home do-it-yourselfer.

Same story when Performance build-ups changed from Budget Build-ups, it turned into a textbook/workshop manual and got so boring, bring back the project style features of average joes in the shed with a half finished car and i'd buy it again, at least it gave your inspiration to get out in the shed and do some work.

So far my Street Machine subscription has been fairly on time, not 2 weeks early but usually day or two before the newsagents. I agree "Seddo" the "yobbo" needs his head read, its about time for a new editor.

#14 racean69

racean69

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Name:Rod
  • Car:LH sedan

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:44 PM

Liam.W
Just a thought but your sub hasn't ran out?

If not get on to em and give em a serve.

#15 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:08 PM

Liam.W
Just a thought but your sub hasn't ran out?

If not get on to em and give em a serve.

Mate, it was my chrissy present this year... third month in...

#16 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Car:1977 LX SL/R 5000

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:55 AM

Street Machine Magazine suck a$$! I don't think I've purchased a copy of that magazine in 5 or so years.

I prefer Australian Muscle Car magazine. Always an interesting read. Mark Oastler is the editor of this great magazine. I'm fairly sure he use to be the editor of Street Machine quite some time ago. I don't think it's any coincidence, that since Mark left as editor, Street Machine has become the big steaming pile of cow manure that it is today!

#17 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:17 AM

Although Street Machine has turned to advertising to gain more funding, i believe that it's still a great read! I enjoy reading about the crate motors, the "how to's" they write and looking at the readers cars too!

Maybe a simple solution is to write up an online petition about the cr@p they put in there that nobody likes, or issues regarding delivery and service, and send it in to them! Let them know that there are lots of people (esp in the GMH-Torana forums) who are disappointed with the direction the magazine is headed! Furthermore - why not bypass them and write to ACP, the boss...

My only gripe about it is how they publish the ford boys little annoying whinge's... If the ford boys would get off their ass, create a work of art (see Gary Myers), then maybe there would be more Fords in the magazine!

I'm also a member of the Fastlane forums, and its interesting to note that the ratio of ford:holden members on there would easily be 1:10...

Keith

#18 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:22 AM

Don't mean to be rude FastEH but zoom is usually full of rice. Extreme is the way to go. Performance Build Ups isn't bad either.
Cheers Chris.

:spoton: I agree, there are better mags out there (Extreme and Performance Buildups) and many others that are equally as good.

Streetmachine have probably reached their comfort zone and/or lost the plot by employing wanks that try to re-market something that used to work really well back in the day.

Thats whats putting me off a bit..too much rice....I nead muscle in my diet.

Once again, I agree :spoton:

#19 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:43 PM

Ay, I just got my street machine f!cken finally, everyone who has aprils issue, head over to your stuff, then the kids section, and look for the longest letter there. It will say Liam, email at the bottom, I had a long go at them :D. Happy they posted that, but I actully stuffed one thing up, I said. "Why could something like that win twice" ok, I was wrong, the burnout car won also, but the rest is all true.

P.S Woops I screwed up in the letter, rest is alllll true but.

*One very angry Liam

#20 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:49 PM

Saw that and wondered if it was you.

#21 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:10 PM

glad you finally got your mag liam. I have been in contact with one of there guys again and they said the pack will be sent out today, so if this happens is another story, as they have told me this over and over over the last 6 months.

I still buy there mag, just a habbit i spose, but i also buy nearly every other car mag also. (man it was better when i worked in a newsagent, got some free or on loan to read)

Its seems they have alot of loyal fans but alot of disgruntal people to, but at the end of the day i cant see the mag ever dying, we can only hope people on the staff at street machine can see where its heading, and maybe try anf fix it.

ehgirl

Edited by EHGIRL, 30 March 2006 - 04:11 PM.

#22 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:00 PM

Yeah, they should fix it, you never here how good the mag is any more, maybe they should tell seddon to piss off...

#23 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

Except for the issue with the red L34 I haven't bought an issue of Street Machine since Mark Oastler left, it's gone downhill and back to the 80's.

#24 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:41 PM

Lets just say when comparing Australian Muscle Car and SM, there is one i read in bed and the other on the dunny :D

#25 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Car:1977 LX SL/R 5000

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:48 AM

Lets just say when comparing Australian Muscle Car and SM, there is one i read in bed and the other on the dunny :D

lol... And you don't have to be a genius to work out which one you read on the dunny. Also good if you find yourself short on toilet paper too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users