What should I ask of Holden for Kadina Club show?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:21 PM

anyone any ideas how i can get Holden involved in the Kadina Show & Shine Display i am organising for June. I am featuring the 30 years of the LX Torrie, but other Torries will be incorporated into the club display.

I have made contact (beam me up scotty) :fool: with a Holden rep and he wants 2 know what i want?? Where do I start?

my thoughts are basic > goodie bag, posters to give out on day (maybe something for those coopers girls 2 do so they keep warm) :rockon: Marquee/ tent kind of a thingy, flags maybe even sponsor an in club trophy for the peoples choice best LX( something else for those coopers girls 2 do, round up people for the voting :clap: )

I tell ya if Coopers let me down it will b a sad day for them

anyways whats your thoughts???????????????????????

P.S. Dangerous, when it comes time to sit down with the PR guys I think i'd better take u or someone else from the club with me. I may short circuit if they get 2 technical on me. :tease:

Edited by kaz from adelaide, 29 March 2006 - 10:25 PM.

#2 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:50 AM

Kaz, I've found the best way is to go via your state manager, as they know who to talk to in Holden HQ. Even then, more often than not the answer seems to be no, but worth a go. Find out who the state manager is by ringing the local dealership.

#3 _Leakey_

_Leakey_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:57 AM

Kaz, I know you have a lot on your plate, but have you also tried Birdwood Museum? When I was a member of the SMASA, we often got them to loan
the GTX and other historic Torries for Show days.

As for Coopers, here's a left field approach. I used to run the Sydney office
of Rodney Robertson & Associates. (Advertising Agency in Edwardstown)
Mark Robertson, the owner is a motoring nut, in to Jags mainly, but a motoring
nut none the less. Other owner, Malcolm Miller is also a car nut and in to
racing old F1 cars. The company organises all of Mitsubiushi's exhibitions and they
do car shows all over the country, including "the country".
Where is all this leading? Well Mark & Malcolm are major share holders in
Coopers, and they use this all the time to get Coopers to help out.
I left the company on not the best of terms, but I am sure if you called Mark
he would be able to give you some pointers and contacts at the very least.
They might even be able to help out with other items.
- if he/they ask, I only spoke of them in the highest regard....LOL. shit heads.

With Holden, they have standard give away bags left over from shows all the time.
Try for stubbie holders, posters, bookie with new Torana in it. Caps are getting
a bit pricey to just give away, but a few as prizes? They may be able to organise
some signed posters too. Brock etc. Same with a jacket/t shirts. A few to give
away as a prize.

If you're pushing for a marquis, then it will be a dollars and cents thing for them.
There will be e real cost involved, so they have to gamble that they will get some
sort of return on it, ie. some people might buy a holden based on what they saw
in the marquis. A part from toranas!!!! You might want to take the approach that
most of the members are 30+ and not just young rev heads. The age will give
them the idea that there will be potential buyers of SS Comodes etc.

Best of luck with it all. And try Mark Robertson. Hes a grumpy old bastard,
but if you play him right he'll give you lots of help. I am hoping he doesnt hang
up when you mention I suggested you call him. Go for the "I want your advice"
line. He loves giving advice. He's probably still pissed from the '500 last weekend.

Cheers, Leakey

PS - Kaz, on the Holden web site, there is a section for 'press contacts' or press kits. There are a number of names listed there for this type of stuff. Have a dig.

Edited by Leakey, 30 March 2006 - 08:59 AM.

#4 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:19 PM

cheers 4 that.

I already have my contacts sorted for Holden, I just need ideas for what 2 ask 4.

I may just pop in and visit Mark at edwardstown, I luv challenges.

#5 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

surely there r ppl out there that have been involved with organising this kind of stuff b4, where r ya?????????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users