Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

This is in no way Torana related.

But if you like hotrods and checking out awesome bodywork and fabrication skills,well,just click on the link.

http://www.jalopyjou...ad.php?t=264481

The guys who can do this stuff are inspirational.

They are also very few and far between.

#2 _torana_umunga74_

_torana_umunga74_
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

jeeeesus. that stuff is amazing. im tryin real hard to get better at welding an im sure that guy would agree NO-ONE is born with it. he must have spent years doin that stuff.. some people can do anything with steel.

#3 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:18 PM

Impressive...

Steve

#4 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

Those kiwis are talented blokes arnt they :badabing:

#5 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

Wow, that stuff is amazing! some guys just seem to have the skills when it comes to metalwork...I think a lot of it can be taught but its the natural skill that separates the good from the great! Unfortunately i don't seem to fit into either of those categories :)

#6 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

http://www.jalopyjou...ad.php?t=264481

The yellow drag car looks very much like a Statesman.
Would love to work in a shop like that as an apprentice.

#7 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

M8 I'de start off being Apprentice 2 this GOD OF MOD & end up his adopted SON...

#8 _nzstato_

_nzstato_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

[/quote]

The yellow drag car looks very much like a Statesman.
Would love to work in a shop like that as an apprentice.
[/quote]

I agree, not a day goes by I wish I chose a different career, and yes you are right. Here's an article...

http://www.v8.co.nz/articles/holden-incl-hsv/1975-holden-statesman-state-of-play-44

#9 _TorYoda_

_TorYoda_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:00 AM

I humbly submit I am one of these guys who can do this kind of work...... ever since school it has just come naturally to me. If it's any kind of metal I can make it submit to my will. Flat, square, tube, sheet, whatever. Started making successful expansion chambers (race pipes) for 2 stroke motorcrossers when I was still in grade 8. (I was 12) From there it went to extractors, then intake manifolds, tunnel rams, Blower and turbo manifolds, custom body panels, chop tops, frenching headlight/taillights etc. And I'm still at it now......

I built this mini 'hummer' (to use as a hunting vehicle) completely from scratch on my own in just ten weeks, fully fabricated chassis and engineered and legally registered here in Queensland. Powered by a subaru boxer engine and using the subi 4 wheel drive train.

A few other examples are these extractors I made at my work for Toowoomba resident with a Bronze Chevy Nova with a 580 cube big block in it. They are stainless steel, stepped from 2 1/4" to 2 3/8" and are all equal length at 34" long. Both sides are an almost perfect mirror image and fit into the stock engine bay. Completed it with twin 4" stainless system and an enormous custom muffler at the rear. Apparently it made 850hp at the wheels.

The others are fenderwells in an LH Torana....... also a mirror image of each other and tuned length. I don't have much in the way of pics of panel work I have done... Usually too busy doing the job and by the time I think of it its covered in primer already......

I would love an opportunity to work along side other talented guys like the ones shown here. The job satisfaction would be incredible!

Attached Files

Edited by TorYoda, 16 November 2010 - 01:02 AM.

#10 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

Sweet!

If you ever want to come to Adelaide for a road trip, my LH could keep you from getting bored... :tease:

#11 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

Nice work toryoda

#12 _TorYoda_

_TorYoda_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

Thanks Guys,

One of the reasons I joined up here is to share my skills............. They are wasted if I don't. Here is a recent turbo manifold I made at home for a 2 litre L series nissan engine in a hill climb car (taken just after welding) ......and a set of pipes for a cleveland in XY with CHI alloy heads.

Attached Files

Edited by TorYoda, 16 November 2010 - 10:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users