gauges on SLR dash a no go

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _nibbsy_

_nibbsy_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:40 PM

I have just wired up my 308 in my LH with a SLR dash.
None of the gauges are working and neither is the tacho. The lights on the dash work ok when u turn the headlights on but the guages dont budge.
I noticed that there is a terminal on the back of the dash near the 4,6,8 selector that says brown and it would appear to be a 12v input, am i correct in saying that that this is the voltage for the guages????

Also the tacho dont work like i said above, does it get the feed off the -ve side of the coil?? The dash wiring has me a tad confused.
Any ideas and tips would be great
nibbsy

#2 _HB1200_

_HB1200_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:42 PM

The Brown wire below the Tacho cyl selector is the input from the coil. The other gauges get their power through the loom (pink wire I think). Follow the method for checking the cluster gauges in the tech articles section. You will also need the correct senders in the engine for oil and temp.

HB1200

#3 _HB1200_

_HB1200_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:44 PM

I forgot to add that the brown wire connection at the tacho goes to the negative side of the coil.

#4 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:34 AM

Presuming that you've changed over all the on/off senders to the gauge sender units. If you have, could be the black box on the back. Dunno what it does, but provides power for all the guages.

Tacho comments as above^, brown wire to negative on the coil for the tacho.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 03 April 2006 - 10:35 AM.

#5 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:08 PM

The silver box at the back with two terminals is the voltage regulator (which lowers the voltage before it reaches the gauges). There's a how-to in the Tech section on how to test the gauges and replace them if necessary).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users