EOI Car show 14th November

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _doogs_

_doogs_
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hey guys,

I work part time at Nunawading Maccas, and they have been getting stuck into preparations for "Mc Happy Day".
This is a day where Maccas donate profits to a few charities to help seriously ill children and their familys.

http://www.mchappyday.com.au/

http://www.rmhc.org....ome/default.asp

As part of the fundraising effort one of the managers plans to organise a bit of a "car show" to get more punters in the door, and donations into the tins. She knows I am into Classic cars and Toranas, so asked if I could try and get a group together. At first when I heard this I was not all that keen because I just thought it was another effort by Maccas to line their own pockets. After finding a bit more out about it, (and realising the donations aspect) I thought it might be a good idea.

So I ask for a bit of an expression of interest from anyone who is keen to bring their Torrie/other nice car down for a bit, and then if people are up for it a cruise could be organised ?

I will have a bit more of a chat to the managers and let them know if anyone is interested, and might see if I can chase up a few freebies for those who come down. (Although I can't promise anything, especially with the fundraising nature of the day).

Cheers,

Dougal

#2 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:58 PM

Is Nunawading Macca's the one on the Corner of Springvale and Whitehorse?

#3 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:16 PM

Yeah that's it Matt. I think I may be busy around that date, but not sure yet. It's just around the corner from me, so I'd be up for it if I'm availible.

Edited by Heath, 27 October 2009 - 02:17 PM.

#4 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:35 PM

if the torana was on the road then yeah id be there but dunno if any one would be able to tell if it was a car show if i brought the stato haha plus i only like the mc slurrys at maccas rest of the stuff is questionable

#5 _doogs_

_doogs_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

Lol fair enough.
Anyone else interested ?

#6 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

I personally can't make it that day, but I highly recommend it as an event. A car show supporting a charity is always a great idea. Our car club have done several McHappy Day shows over the years, and they've always been great days.

#7 _doogs_

_doogs_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

I personally can't make it that day, but I highly recommend it as an event. A car show supporting a charity is always a great idea. Our car club have done several McHappy Day shows over the years, and they've always been great days.

Thanks anyway Brett.
Feel free to spread the word around to anyone you think might be interested.
I can PM you my mobile number if you wish and you can pass it on to those who are keen.

Thanks,

Dougal

#8 _doogs_

_doogs_
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

Current details for those who are interested;

Well I have just spoken to my manager and we have a bit of an update.
The idea is that we have the cars down between 12 and 2pm over the lunch rush.(Obviously you can come and go as you please but the general idea is to be there around the lunch rush.)
She said to me that anyone who brings a car down for it will get a free meal and drinks as we go,
as a little thankyou for coming down.

She mentioned that about 11 or 11:15 would be a good time for cars to be rocking up and getting parked, I think this may be a litte early so it's up to you guys. (Only thing is with it being so busy we are going to have trouble keeping the spaces).
If I know how many of you are coming down I can organise enough spaces to be blocked off and we should not have any dramas.

For anyone else who is interested, please let me know and add your name to the list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users