Progress report, latest additions

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:26 PM

Hey guys,
ive done a few things to my car recently, just thought id share whats been done.
Ive had the engine rebuilt a few months ago, should be pushing 160rwhp when its dynoed. Thats without the triple nitrous setup that will go on it eventually. I know i keep saying that, but i keep on buying other stuff for it, as i want to get her fighting fit for the muscle car shootout at warwick in may.

Last few things ive done have been to put new carpet in her, add GT4 celica front seats, tar the underbody of the car, and add a carter electric fuel pump. The rear brakes have been machined and have new shoes.
Today i put new slotted LX discs and LUCAS street/circuit racing pads on the front. I got these from torana05, A2 from milton performance, and i must say im stoked with the results, the car actually stops now! Hopefully no brake fade at the end of the straight at morgan park or qld raceway!

Before easter the boot will be covered in black felt, or something similar, just to clean it up a bit. Ive also bought a 65L alloy drop tank from torana05, which i will be polishing up this week and putting in probably next week, as im yet to make up a sender for it. Therell almost be no room for a spare with the battery, alloy tank and shiny blue 10lb nitrous bottle in there!
Then the last thing will be the KC alloy rocker cover, which will hopefully solve my oil issues.

Anyway heres a few pics of the brakes and fuel pump, the rest u can check out at my cardomain site. And yeh i know it needs new balljoints!

Cheers,
A1

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:37 AM

:clap: Going to pull up good now with them beauties on there. :rockon:

#3 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:56 AM

Sweet, Them disks look the goods, I might have to invest in set later on once $$$ allows, whats did they set you back???

Cheers

Les

#4 barny_lx

barny_lx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:09 AM

NICE mate...Real Nice...

#5 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:48 PM

thanks for the comments guys, the brakes cost me $300, but they are LH/LX so they should have cost me more, and the pads were changed at the last minute so probably all up theyre worth about $350. if your interested in a set, andrew at milton performance can hook you up.

A1

#6 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:20 PM

looking good man, nice job with mounting the pump :spoton:

#7 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:49 PM

Well today i put the new rocker cover on it.. what a bloody mission that was!! Youd think theyd make it so all the rocker cover bolts line up, but no thats too hard! So on and off 3 times, after id already put the ultra blue on the gasket, to drill the holes out a bit more, while the passenger side engine mount is undone, and engine jacked up to fit the damn thing on!! But as you can see from the pictures it does make a big difference, and im confident it will stop my oil problems too.
I also took a few shots of the interior cause i dont think ive put those up before.
Next week i will finish polishing up the fuel tank, and put that in, with the modifed HK sender, and then all the ball joints are getting done.
After that is a set of custom trumpets for the carbs, and a dyno tune.

A1

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

What a great job, thats a pleasure to the eye.

Cheers
Herne

#9 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:57 PM

sounds fun *hangs rocker cover over bin*

#10 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

Just a piece of advice draglc, I found the easiest way to fit these rocker covers is to neatly grind a small section of the lip away on the firewall where the heater box sits. It may sound a bit drastic but if done neatly it does look good. It will save you all those hassles later on every time you have to take the cover off. Also I don't think you're the only one with the problem of holes not lining up I had the same prob. You'd think for the money you pay the least you'd expect would be that the thing fits.
Cheers Chris.

P.S. Love the 4 door It's the only wat to go. :spoton:

#11 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:16 PM

cheers guys!

wyldlc, yeh i probably will do that eventually, though ive adjusted the roller rockers before i put it on, so they should be right for a few months at least before i have to take it off again (solid cam). After going on and off 3 times today it aint coming off in a hurry.

Next week hopefully ill get the boot all done up, tar it first, then cover it in felt and put the polished tank in there, i might even put the nitrous bottle in just for a picture :P Theres gonna be no room for my toolbox!

A1

#12 _jono_

_jono_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:35 PM

hey mate
comming along great!!!!!!!!!!!nice interior :cry: :cry: :cry: RIP to my baby
atleast its going to a good cause.
0438211507 next time ur over my way, give me a call and ill come for a cruise

speak to you on msn
have a good one
jono

#13 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:18 PM

your interior got swapped for a set of lc gtr seats jono, thats my original interior, the colour of yours was a darker shade of red.

A1

#14 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:27 PM

It's coming along nicely there!! Your not alone with the rocker cover bolt hole issue... I am also a victim!

Post up your power readout if you put it on the dyno! Whats been done to your motor???

Keith

#15 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:35 PM

Hi guys, another update.

Spent a day making up a heatshield to go between the carbs and the extractors, to keep some heat away from the fuel bowls. Works a treat!

Posted Image
Posted Image

When the trumpets arrive for my carbs, its going into get dynoed. Got it tuned up on saturday, and man this car is quick!! Even give Rory a run for his money i reckon :tease:

Engine specs are:

nitrous 202 + 40thou, flat top pistons, blue rods, nitrous cam .238 & .248 @ .50, 1.6 inlet & 1.5 outlet ratio roller rockers, big $$ 186 YT head big valves, screw in studs and guideplates, straight cut gears, triple 1.75 HIF SU's, 2.5" exhaust, elec dizzy and splitfire 8.8mm leads

So far 151rwhp n/a, before being rebuilt, now with a few extra things im hoping for about 160rwhp. Find out this week!

Regards,

A1

#16 barny_lx

barny_lx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:50 PM

nice dude

that tacho make me think i shoudl have gone with silver faced gauges in mine. it looks tuff as !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users