tailshft preferred buisnesses??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:34 AM

Ok. Finally got some more money to spend on the cash cow and I am looking at getting a tailshaft made to fit my trimatic to 9 inch diff.
I already have a torana V8 shaft, and really want to know of anyones ideas of where to go to get one made.
The car is mainly for street use so i dont intend to spend BIG DOLLARS if I dont need to.
I Rang M&s driveshafts in Sunshine and they quoted around $380 for a new shaft with my yoke.
Is this a good price or not? Has anyone delt with them and had trouble with their work?
Can anyone recommend somewhere for a comparison on price and product etc.

Help much appreciated,

M

#2 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:58 AM

Also I was asked what size diff yoke i have. I measured the full width of where the uni would sit and it measures 83mm by 28mm bearing cap size. does this sound right??

#3 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:57 PM

Give Hardy spicer in Dandenong a try, they did my tailshaft to suit for my LC. This involved bigger uni's and conversion to suit a borg warner. Price was quite reasonable compared to others. There number is (03) 9792 4744.
Good luck.
Chris.

#4 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:02 PM

I have always used Jeff Lagerwey tailshafts in Ferntree Gully. A lot of my mates do to, and we've always been very impressed and more than happy with his work. Very good prices too...

Jeff - 9758-4015

#5 _brett_32i_

_brett_32i_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:59 PM

gj drivelines did mine in dandy.
cheap too i thought at<$300.

i gave him both yokes and measure from flange to flange, he did the rest with the biggest unis that would fit.

#6 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:29 PM

Thanks heaps guys I will give them all a call next week

#7 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:46 AM

If you don't wanna go that far across town, try Balancing Services in Chifley Drive, Preston. I've used them, very reasonable.
I had my tailshaft balanced, new front yolk supplied and 'heavy duty' unis installed, all nicely painted up for $250 inc GST.
Ph. 9480-4040

#8 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:32 PM

Give Hardy spicer in Dandenong a try, they did my tailshaft to suit for my LC. This involved bigger uni's and conversion to suit a borg warner. Price was quite reasonable compared to others. There number is (03) 9792 4744.
Good luck.
Chris.

They are very good, I do alot of work for them. There is another company in Dandenong, don't go near at all.

#9 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:47 PM

Thanks guys. I got a new 3"shaft made 2 new big uni's, new front yoke and rear yoke has been fixed as it must have thrown a uni at some point in it's life and was damaged unbeknown to me and balanced and painted for $370 very happy with the service and price considering i was willing to pay that just for a new shaft without unis and a new yoke.
By the way i ended up going with Duggans in reservoir as i foung them to be a little more approchable with my questions

Now all i need is exhaust,wheel allign,wheels and small bits'n' pieces

#10 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:14 AM

Grab some details and maybe the mods can post it in preferred bussines... (Tiny?)

#11 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:03 PM

Chia can post a thread in the preferrede businesses area about his experiences! That ought to be good for the guy seeing the service was good!

Cheers.

#12 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:43 PM

just put a thread in there now

Edited by ChiaLX, 02 May 2006 - 07:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users