VK Dilema

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _NZ Toranaman_

_NZ Toranaman_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

What should I do.....
I intend to do a bit of budget shit to my VK and I figure I might as well make the most of my "Black" plates.

Posted Image
Posted Image

It is a factory 5-speed with a carby 202/3300. It had a smack in the front before I bought it, only enough to dent bonnet and break the bumper in a few places.

I have a spare block with a ok street cam (Powered my factory injected LC to 14.3second quarter)

I would like to port my own head and have the choice of red or black
I have a 4-barrel 465 carb/manifold and injection
I have flows

So what would you do on a budget.... Give me some ideas.

Thanks
Graham

#2 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

Interesting, have always liked VKs (in fact there's one sitting in the shed at the moment, waiting for a paint job before I put a V6 and T5 in it)

I've always wondered how far you could take a 202 with fuel injection and a proper computer, Link seem to be reasonably cheap these days and you can tune them yourself. I think it might be a matter of saving up spare pistons but sure would be fun destroying them! Other than that I prefer subtle so a bit of a cleanup and some springs and shocks would make it a nice car.

#3 _NZ Toranaman_

_NZ Toranaman_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:16 AM

Interesting, have always liked VKs (in fact there's one sitting in the shed at the moment, waiting for a paint job before I put a V6 and T5 in it)

I've always wondered how far you could take a 202 with fuel injection and a proper computer, Link seem to be reasonably cheap these days and you can tune them yourself. I think it might be a matter of saving up spare pistons but sure would be fun destroying them! Other than that I prefer subtle so a bit of a cleanup and some springs and shocks would make it a nice car.

Well the spare is running ACL pistons, I reckon I could get a return fuel line and not sure if the fuel tanks are the same on injected and carb... maybe they just put a bung where the return would go on mine...

Then the computer setup, I know the guy who runs Link but for the expense of a link I could paint and panel the old girl so I might skip that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users