#1 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:41 PM

Hey everyone,

For those of you that havnt already heard me goin on about it....

I'll be doing my first race meeting at Mallala on 20-21 of May, as well as me running the sedan, there should be 2 other hatches and maybe 1 other sedan.

I think there should be a pretty decent field, cos a good turn out will mean we will def be included in both the supertruck and v8 support events that are coming up later in the year.

My main goal for the weekend will be just to get through it with no big shunts, and have as much fun as possible! Been burning the midnight oil truck and car ready for it so its going to be a hectic 6 weeks... :)

So if you live in SA and have that weekend free, come on down and check it out!!

cheers,

Sam

#2 LXdamo

LXdamo

Still Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Name:Damo
  • Car:bits here bits there.....

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

I will try to get out and have a look.
A mate of mine races a mini and is always tring to get me out for a look
Have marked it on the calender so we'll see how we go!
Damo

#3 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

Hope to make it for a looksee.
Best of luck on the day.

#4 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:22 PM

Thanks guys, would be great to have some Torrie fans out there! And if you see me in the pits come over and say hi!

My goal at this stage is to do as many events as I can, and just work on learning how to get the most of the current setup. Hopefully in the future I can get my times down to somewhere near the leading Torana - but that will take some time (and money)....

cheers,

Sam

#5 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:05 AM

Hey Sam... seeing how your event is coming up... what does your car look like? I havent seen a photo yet.... so come on.... :D

#6 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:41 AM

Hey Peter,

Yeah I've been a bit slack with the details, here is an older pic of it with old tyres and before all the signwriting and stuff

Posted Image

Only a week and a half now.... Just been really busy trying to sort out all the little bit and pieces. Been having a few issues with the car carrier I bought, crushed part of the exhust the other day trying to get it on there... Spent a fair bit of time trying to sort that out, plus i need to get the exhust fixed as well...haha

Havnt had time to get a new bonnet, so Im going to have to cover the hole and run it that way for now, plus still have to sort the external access to the isolater switch, plus a few other small things...

Its all worth it when you get out on the track though...... :spoton:

#7 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:26 PM

i supose ya just gotta take it one thing at a time, maybe u should extend the ramps so that it aint as steep for the exhaust. All the best, and good luck with the race.

#8 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

supose ya just gotta take it one thing at a time

Yeah thats right, I'm nearly on top of it all now. Took the car into an exhust place today, they are going to redo the rear section of it so it sits a bit higher, which should give me the clearance I need on the truck.

Will have a bit of a working bee on it on Saturday to tidy up the loose ends.

Only just over a week to go now.. :)

Edited by 350LH, 10 May 2006 - 08:19 PM.

#9 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:04 PM

Just out of curiosity is it road registred?

#10 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:06 AM

Nope, this car is for the track only. Which is good in some ways, because i can run an open exhust, spooled diff etc and not have to worry about cops.... But its sucks not being able to just hop in it and go for a blast whenever I feel like it...

I am planning (down the track a bit) to buy another hatch, as well as a nice GTR that will be road registered.... Got to get my house and a decent shed first tho.... :)

#11 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 06:46 PM

It's this weekend. :clap:

I hope to make it out there for a look on Saturday afternoon. :rockon:

#12 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:40 PM

Hi all,

Just finished car prep for tomorrow's event, didnt get the car back from the exhust place till 6.00pm today.... So its been a bit of a mad rush to get it ready.

Now I'm just itching to get out there... :)

I hope to make it out there for a look on Saturday afternoon

Make sure you come over and say hi!

cheers,

Sam

#13 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:11 PM

Hey,

How did it all go? sorry I couldn't make it, I will see if I can get up there next time.

Cheers.

#14 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:43 PM

What an unreal weekend!

Got there at 8.30 on saturday morning, unloaded the car and spent the next hour getting setup plus running around sorting out all my license paperwork. Went through scrutineering okay (was a bit concerned they would pick it to bits). They asked me to make a few minor changes before the next meeting.

Around 11.30 I had my first practice/qualifying session, had a couple of spins but managed to do a decent time which was good for 11th (for a first race anyway), BUT i was black flagged during the session and missed it (was too focussed on the ppl around me plus trying to do a good time). The back flag was part of my Observed License Test - to show that I was taking notice of the marshalls etc... Well this didnt go down too well with the Clerk of the Course..... Fortunately I got away with it, but I had to do the black flag stop during the first race....

Okay race 1 - Got off to a poor start (wheelspin) and got passed by a few slower blokes off the line. Didnt worry too much as I knew I'd have to come in anyway.... Made sure I observed the black flag, went in and got that out the way. But ended up dead last.. :(

Race 2 - Had a go at starting in second this time - didnt get it right tho and stalled it on the line.... !!! Got going again but had some catching up to do. Managed to catch up to the first guy pretty quick but was just a bit too cautious and took a while to get past. The next guy was in a supercharged mini, was way slower in a straight line but quick in the corners - the bugger kept on weaving on the straights... was having a ball racing him tho... eventually got past him and the race ended (only 6 laps).

Race 3 - Got off the startline a bit better (still way too much wheelspin) but one of the guys behind did a kamakaze into turn one, ended up in the dirt then speared back onto the track heading straight towards me... Had to stop dead, was a bit frustrated and took off again pretty hard, only to break my left axle.... Fortunately I have floating hubs so I was able to limp back to the pits.

No spares meant that was the end of my weekend which was pretty disappointing but at least there was no bigs stacks or anything!! I learnt alot and am really looking forward to the next one!

Hatchman76, thanks for the pics, it was great talking to you (and Mrs Hatchman) looking forward to you posting them!

cheers,

Sam

#15 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:42 PM

Good to hear you had fun, I checked the results on the internet but of course there's nothing like hearing the full story. I'm still a year or two away from I.P. but I hope to get there one day. Just doing sprints and hillclimbs at the moment.
Anyway well done for getting out there !!!

#16 _Poinsdexter_

_Poinsdexter_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:09 PM

Howdy,

Good to catch up on the weekend. Apparently you know my niece and boyfriend Michelle and Andy.

I hope to get to the next practise day out there. If you can either give me your email address or tell me how to post photos on here, I'll show you mine.

Andrew

#17 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:08 PM

Hey Mick, yeah it took a long time to get there, but let me tell you it is so worth the effort! There is nothing that compares to sitting on a startline at your first race meeting :)

I was really happy with my quali time, and it turns out I was running tyre pressures that were WAY off, so I should have a bit more speed to come... It was just good to get that first meeting out of the way.

Good to catch up on the weekend. Apparently you know my niece and boyfriend Michelle and Andy

AH so your uncle Andrew..haha Adelaide is so small :)

Yeah was great to meet you, looking forward to checking out your car, sounds like a weapon! You can email me at [email protected] or if you want you can register at www.photobucket.com (its free) and upload you photos there, then you can paste the links in on you posts on this website. PM me if you need more info...

cheers,

Sam

Edited by 350LH, 22 May 2006 - 11:09 PM.

#18 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:04 PM

I'm glad Mrs Hatchman and I made it on Saturday even if it was only for the last 2 hrs of the day. I got there for the most important races, Historic touring Cars and Improved Production.
In that short time I took around 120 photo's (gotta love the new SLR Canon). I have 48 photos of Sam in action from 1 race, a couple having a dice with a Gemini. Had good chat with Sam. He was grinning from ear to ear. Best of luck mate and hope to catch you out there at the next time . I will have all them photo's on disc for ya too.
Will post some up in the next week or 2. Almost have all my gear moved into the new home. The computer is last on the list to be moved.
As it turns out Mrs Hatchmans cousin's other half and his son both race in Improved Production and they both run Toranas, one a 4 door the other a Hatch. They hope to have the cars ready in the next month or 2.

#19 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:25 PM

hey mate, ur up at the truck meeting next month right? im going there with dad and a mate, hope to see you there, look for a bright pink XR6 on the back straight mound. lol how embarassing.

#20 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:37 PM

Hey, yep I'll be at the supertruck meet, it cant come quick enough!

If you make it into the paddock come over and say hi!

cheers,

Sam

#21 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:55 AM

have you got any pics of the last meet?
Hatchman?

#22 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:21 PM

Yeh I have around 30 pics of Sam in action as well as Ian E's Hatchback and around the same of Ian G's LJ in the historics.
One I move my puter from my oldies to my house I will be able to put them up. May be able to fit it in this weekend hopefully?

#23 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:58 PM

I haven't got my puter home yet but took the old lap top into work for some transfers

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#24 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:09 AM

Hey Sam... Ya kerb hoping Bastard :rolleyes: nice work mate.... :rockon: Looking good Bud. :D

#25 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:48 AM

Hatchman, thanks again for the pics! Its good to get an idea of what it looks like on the track :)

If you make it to the next round, drop over for a bit more of a chat!

Pete, yeah dont mind a bit kerb hopping action! Actually that point is the entry to the esses, dont normally get on it there but ususally hammer the kerbs a bit further around....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users