Up grading brakes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _fuzzy_

_fuzzy_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:08 PM

My orginal brake system on my 1972 Torana LJ finally split its guts this past week. I am looking for either replacement parts (I live in Indonesia) or a complete replacement set up starting after the master cylinder. I have a new stock Holden m. cylinder and a rebuilt booster unit. I need caliphers, pads, seals and hoses plus the little brackets that the hold the hoses in place. I keep using second hand stuff and its finally bit me back. Any one know of a shop or company that sells a complete set up that can be a bolt on? How about the HopperStoppers kits? I am on a bit of a budget here as I have to pay expensive shipping cost and usually some "coffee" money to get it in the country. Any help or advice you can give me would help. Right now it has Girlock caliphers which I think are the orginals. many thanks, Ken Clarke

#2 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:20 AM

Firstly, welcome to the forums. My sister and her husband are Indonesian residents, currently living in Melbourne, so we know all about shipping and customs. The Hoppers Stoppers kit is very good, but at $AUS 1200, not cheap. It may be easier to upgrade to LH - UC front brakes, as they are fairly cheap and easy to get hold of. Well at least here in Melbourne. My sister and her husband recently returned from Indonesia, so if we knew earlier, it could have been slipped into their luggage, saving you a few bucks there. They do return from time to time, but I have no idea when they plan to go back next.

#3 _fuzzy_

_fuzzy_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:00 PM

Hi Chopper, thanks for responding, sorry it took me a bit long to respond, I've been out of the country and off line. There are a lot of nice things about living here in Indonesia but importing isn't one of them. I've bought odds and ends from Hoppers in the past, Peter K. seems to be a pretty flexible guy but I needs some info re. the using of their kit as I can't just pop in and ask them for assistance or return the parts. Maybe I will try to source some second hand bits here a bit harder, there are still a heap of Holdens on the road but most are used as weekend cars. I'll see what I can dig up here first, thanks again. Ken

#4 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:28 PM

Peter answers emails very quickly and very clearly. Might be the easiest way.

#5 _fuzzy_

_fuzzy_
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:39 PM

Thanks again, I will get a note off to Peter this weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users