New burger joint cruize venue Gold Coast

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 _usmucslecar_

_usmucslecar_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

The new owner of Ferry rd Burgers [ in the supercheap shopping complex Ferry Rd Southport] is very supportive in having a LA style car cruize-inn.

Our club [gold coast musclecar assoc inc] is having a "trial run" with the owner this Friday nite from 7pm. Getting the word out, the more the better, and the owner is keen
He is looking at maybe a trophie presentation in the future if things can get rolling along with numbers.
This is what we have wanted on the Gold Coast. Something along the lines of Munchies and Harry's Diner as an alternative to those venues. He is also good to go for a Sat or Sunday breakky meet along the lines of Doughnut Derelics LA.
There is parking for 188 cars so the venue is right!
Come and support this if you have a few hours free.The Goldy has plenty of tuff cars stashed in garages without a cruize hangout, so this might be the one

No skids, no tossers, no alchohol. We want this to work without hassles

cheers Dave .

Edited by usmucslecar, 07 January 2010 - 04:30 PM.

#2 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

Hi Dave,

Moved this to the QLD events section!

Certainly sounds like a top night out, I wish Sydney had a few more places to go like this!

Cheers!

#3 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

A bit more notice wouldn't have gone astray!!!
If it's on again next Friday night I'll do my best to get there.
We need more venues like this! I'll give it my full support.

#4 GML-31

GML-31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

on their website it is for the 15th we will be attending.

#5 _usmucslecar_

_usmucslecar_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:37 AM

Hi guys,
We diddnt get the word out too early so the new diner owner could also have a trial run.All good
We had around 30 cars in-n-out on the 1st nite with average weather. The diner owner is all for it. There is another on Friday nite and at this stage a once monthly breakfast TBA [ the diner is closed Sundays]
Words getting out amongst the musclecar and hotrod guys.

See some pix here.........

http://www.moparmark...hp?f=39&t=20557
later Dave

Edited by usmucslecar, 09 January 2010 - 09:38 AM.

#6 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

Nice Cars, especially that camaro.

#7 _usmucslecar_

_usmucslecar_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:34 AM

Easily 40+ cars last Fri nite. Diner owner has upped his staff and has added some meal deals for the nite. Is also looking at fitting spotlights for some better lighting. On every Fri nite 7pm-9pm-ish.

later Dave

Edited by usmucslecar, 20 January 2010 - 06:43 AM.

#8 GML-31

GML-31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:12 AM

was good last week, lots of car parks guys come out and support it to keep it going

#9 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:31 AM

Does anything happen there on a Saturday night? As I have found with Munchies, it is hard to get good club attendance for a run on a weeknight. A weekend venue would be awesome.

#10 _usmucslecar_

_usmucslecar_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

Friday nite's only at the moment, and working on a monthly Sunday breakfast run once the numbers and support are there. mmmm pancakes...

later Dave

#11 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

I agree with big T. Its especially hard for people who would like to attend but coming from the northside of brisbane with friday arvo traffic for 2 - 3 hours is pointless. The owner is shooting himself in the foot by having it friday night where half of brisbane won't be able to go.

Plus if he changed it to saturday nights it would give us somewhere to hang out saturday nights and also bring back saturday night cruising down the coast.

#12 _usmucslecar_

_usmucslecar_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

I agree with big T. Its especially hard for people who would like to attend but coming from the northside of brisbane with friday arvo traffic for 2 - 3 hours is pointless. The owner is shooting himself in the foot by having it friday night where half of brisbane won't be able to go.

Plus if he changed it to saturday nights it would give us somewhere to hang out saturday nights and also bring back saturday night cruising down the coast.

The owner is very happy with how its going on a Fri. nite A. Besides,no-one needs the bad publicity the B'water unfortunatly suffered on a Sat nite,and the Diner just cant sustain the numbers that the B'water attracted. As for Sat nites, it took some talking to have the owners open on a Fri nite!,lol. Basicly its given the Goldy guys the Nthn.NSW guys and maybe some Brisso guys an alternative to Munchies which was getting too hard if you arrived later than 730pm.As it stands, Ive seen cars here from the Goldy that I havnt seen out anywhere,and thats a good thing.
I hear ya though, its a drag hassling with the late arvo traffic down to the Goldy as much as the Fri arvo traffic is heading to Acacia Ridge!. Its all good in the long run,the more car cruize-inns the better, sometimes you just gotta make things happen ya? I hope you guys can get down here sometime, but I know the distance is a hassle,we used to go to Shboom and the Humble Pie cruize and the 3-4hr round trip was good-and bad lol. I'll keep posting the numbers, but so far so good.

cheers Dave

#13 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:35 AM

Good night with 40-50 cars? And a good mix of brands/types.

Took a few pictures but really poor light meant that they didn't turn out that great.

The engine in Marks Corolla wagon is higher than the top of the windscreen. LOL. Blown 308 stroker (355) certainly goes OK in the Corolla body and fits very easily. I'm surprised it hasn't been done lots more as its not a difficult conversion.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by CraigA, 24 January 2010 - 09:48 AM.

#14 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:32 AM

A video here

#15 _usmucslecar_

_usmucslecar_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

Couple more pix. Diner owner is installing new facias & flood lights ASAP so the place should have better lighting in the not too distant future. The Harley shop is interested in a Sat show n shine sometime.Nitro Mag dropped by and was scouting for feature cars, he's a g/coast local and is keen to support it with a blurb in the mag.The ASRF is also sanctioning the diner so the hotrod guys will be supporting it also. Will keep you posted.

Later Dave

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by usmucslecar, 24 January 2010 - 11:35 AM.

#16 _usmucslecar_

_usmucslecar_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

Just an update, The owner is now opening the diner on Sat nites as well as Sunday.Has a good main meal menu avail also.
Seems to be enough support for the 2 nites. After 5 weeks we are averaging 80-100 cars.Cops have been cool with it so far, so good.

The Gold Coast Musclecar Assoc Inc and the owner have gone to great lengths to make the venue happen. We dont want it to suffer the same fate as past Gold Coast venues. Gerry is a 80's car tragic as is stoked with the support so far to say the least.

Please, no skids,no alchohol, no tossers. 24hr security cameras moniter entry/exit/carpark points,eg; no-one needs to be on the diners 'shame file'

later Dave..pres. GCMCAI

Edited by usmucslecar, 13 February 2010 - 09:21 AM.

#17 _hux454_

_hux454_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

This sounds like an awesome thing. Will have to bring down the Sandman. I live at Springfield Lakes and are new to the area so I'm guessing about an hour to get there.

#18 _usmucslecar_

_usmucslecar_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

Ferry Rd Diner opening Sunday 21st March for breakky run. Kinda based on the SoCal Dougnut Derelics but with better food!.This will be the first of a once monthly opening, hopefully we can get some numbers and convince Gerry to open on Sundays more often

Full menu from coffee to pancakes to full fry-ups for the Sat nite hangover.

From 7am.

Be there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users