7 replies to this topic

#1 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:04 PM

Anyone here going up this weekend at all?
I was thinking of just going up maybe Saturday just to go in the display and have a look, rather than all 3 days. Anyone else coming?

#2 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:55 PM

I'll be there on the saturday!

L :spoton:

#3 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:51 PM

Was thinking maybe one day would be good, but nah, it's Easter, time to kick back and relax.

#4 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:32 PM

Well, if you didn't go, you didn't miss much, unfortunately it was dead as far as the club cars go, te racing was ok, but certainly not Australias answer to Goodwood yet, or anywhere near as good as the AMC Masters. I believe it could get better though, the organisers certainly seem very keen so I wish them luck for next year.

#5 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:11 AM

They included us as an "Invitied" classic but told me 2 weeks before the event. I told Rod it was too short a notice and he agreed but said it was out of his hands. They will do better next year. It was all very short on information for the competitiors.
Rory

#6 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:37 AM

Is the Goodwood held at Easter? Being at Easter, makes it so hard for so many to get an exit pass. Maybe like Bathurst, move it to the weekend after. Also marketing people need to get organised. Most of them don't realise that we set our calendar 12 months in advance. Maybe they think we just sit around waiting for events to go to.

#7 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:49 PM

Hey Guys!

Just got back from my trip down south which included a saturday stop off at the festival!

My first visit to the track so it was a bit of an eye opener for me but I have to say the day was very ordinary! The first race of the day was just after 8am and the little 2hr break in the middle of the day really killed it for me. They were suppose to have the team australia champ car doing laps of the track but apprently it wasn't ready in time for the day so they substituted it for Jason Bargwana & Paul Morris doing a so called race off in promo cars!

They are going to have to do a much better job next year if they expect a good crowd! they anounced on the day that they had signed a 3 year deal with the council for it to be an ongoing event!

Cheers

L :spoton:

#8 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

There's some basics for Motorshows that I think organisers need to adopt.

1. Car Shows are not family events for most participants (Go to most of them on my own, unless they are down the coast).

2. Not being family events, exit passes are very difficult to obtain during family/school holiday events and cause childcare problems for participants.

3. Most car clubs are organised and put their Calenders together in October/November the previous year, so if you want them there, your gonna have to be a bit more organised. The number of events we get 6 or less weeks notice astounds me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users