• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:03 PM

Far out how did Staunch crash??
Do you think its a write off?

And that VK? Was it during the cruising session?

I missed all the action lol

#27 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

Not sure Ryan, could only see the kaos of tow trucks and stuff from turn 5 , i would say he has nailed it after turn 3 and things went wrong , the Vh looks like it must have been during cruising as well going by the direction of the cars , anyway a few more pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 _why-psi_

_why-psi_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

the vh nailed it to light up the tyres a bit on the straight, it got pretty sideways and the driver hit the brake which pretty much spelled the end. might have saved it if he kept into it

#29 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

Read on another forum that the throttle jammed and he aim for the wall to avoid other cars :cry:

#30 _HRV74_

_HRV74_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

Geezus, I don't feel too bad about a few stone chips after seeing those pics of STAUNCH.

Good to catch up with some guys from the forum. However, definitely have to agree with LJ355 - the organisation of the event was average. After my Off Street drag race on Sat, there was no-where to park, and (some, not all) staff weren't exactly helpfull. They wouldn't let a guy driving a Lamborghini Murcielago park in the pits because he didn't have "the right sticker".

Got kicked off the track on Friday for doing a perfectly reasonable powerskid coming out of turn two - what the?!
You do get the green light for powerskids (not statics) during the drivers briefing, so it beats me.

Edited by HRV74, 28 February 2010 - 08:35 PM.

#31 _why-psi_

_why-psi_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

while sitting in the grandstand i watched a green gemini stop on the main straight and do a few donuts. that was a realllly stupid thing to do on his part, of all places to do it.... oh and by the way wear sunscreen when out in the sun. im still in pain haha im an idiot.

#32 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:43 AM

I thought that might of been the case with STAUNCH.

Yeah the organisation was quite poor, Rob (SS Hatchback) said he had to wait over an hour just to get in because they only had 1 person collecting the money and giving out arm bands.

As for the entrants it was a bit mad out the back with people walking around and cars weaving in and out trying to get to the event line ups and as HRV has said no bloody parking.

Otherwise it was good with plenty of top cars

#33 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:10 AM

Lee (LJ355) said they had a massive amount of entrants (he came to a local show and shine yesty), seems like the event has gotten too big for itself. Im just surprised there arent more car on car crashes with some of the stuff you hear of going on.

#34 _LCG77R_

_LCG77R_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

went on sunday - some very nice cars around - loved watchn the cruise and random cars racing each other/doing some big sideways action.
I really didnt agree with the racing on sunday being stand still starts..last years rolling start was far more exciting:)

#35 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:43 PM

Far out how did Staunch crash??
Do you think its a write off?

And that VK? Was it during the cruising session?

I missed all the action lol

considering its was a factory 327 bathurst car i say it will be repaired for sure.

#36 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

Bloody hell hes gotta be hurting over it, even more.

#37 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

I read on another forum, of a quadriplegic being told that he was not allowed to enter his full engineered, hand controlled Maloo, because he was disabled and not experienced enough to be allowed on the track.... How bullshit is that!

#38 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

I read that too. And they had no proof about him being inexperienced or anything, it was all assumptions.
I can recall a guy who is a quadraplegic who comes out to the drags in his 11 second, hand controlled commodore.

Just dont understand how they can say he can not enter.

Edited by mitchg, 01 March 2010 - 02:02 PM.

#39 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

Hi Marty, haven't heard from you for a while, how is that commodore working out for you ?

I see you have raced it, how did it go ? Any burnout comps ?

Hey andrew! Yeh it's been a while. I've been a bit quiet with all my car stuff lately. The commodore goes like a dead corpse, ran a 15.1 at the drags :spit: . I've fixed a few things now it should be able go a little faster now. It still does a decent burnout though (4.5 gears, minispool, stally, shift kit), i'm thinking of putting it in the comp at powercruise as long as its running well and keeping cool.

I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with my cars. I've lost alot of motivation but I want to put my good motor and box (SBC+TH350) to some use! I've thought about putting the combo into the VK but it turns out its very far from straight forward. I might still get the torry going or drop the motor in something else (like an HQ).

Cheers
Marty

I have the whole setup for sale u will never look back i have the custom gonzo 1 7/8 stepped headers twin 3inch exhaust,sump pickup the whole kit and caboodle

Attached Files

#40 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

Read on another forum that the throttle jammed and he aim for the wall to avoid other cars :cry:

are u serious !!! i bought a chev vk wagon off johnny (STAUNCH)3 weeks ago and the same thing happened to me at .80kph on a main rd ! and then the car backfired and burst into flames ......Attached File  jan 2010 057.jpg   231.51K   13 downloads

Edited by rollo, 01 March 2010 - 03:26 PM.

#41 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

think you mean at 100kms :P

#42 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

think you mean at 100kms :P

THANKS edited .......:spoton:

#43 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

hmmm sounds like a sticky nitrous solenoid :(

#44 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

Yeah the organisation was quite poor, Rob (SS Hatchback) said he had to wait over an hour just to get in because they only had 1 person collecting the money and giving out arm bands.

Yeah basically we entered through the gate usually open every year and were told it was only for guys that already had arm bands and was told to go to the main gate. An hour later we get to the main gate and then get told that the gate i was previously at is now open for entry and should turn around. Which we did then as Ryan mentioned , we get there and only one person at the time was selling tickets as i asked why we hadnt moved in 30 minutes, eventually they caught on and sent someone else for ticket sales.

Its a pity that these events grow so big that they tend to forget the little things or try to cut back more buy not opening as many gates to maybe not pay as many people to run the event?? Still probably one of the best events to have fun with your car though..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users