CQ motor week

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#76 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

Think we sold the truck today...will know tomorrow...thats a new set of slicks for me...and a new hoist...woohoo!!...both cars and pretty well ready to go....normal battery charging...etc...looking forward to this one.
R

#77 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

Sprint enrtries are struggling at 75 so far for the 170 ..I am the only open wheeler...they have thrown out a challenge on email locally for all the young guys to enter to have a go....and extended the closing date by 2 weeks until 12th July.BOMBER!! Pull Ya FINGER!!
R

#78 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

I sent the organizer an email about two weeks ago have yet to hear anything back...

But yeah im keen.

Might have to look up a phone number and call her, do you have her number?

Cheers.

#79 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

http://newsletters.a...6A1C87C670A6B9F

http://newsletters.almostanything.com.au/T/ViewEmail/r/A6D161965B9C790A/D47C785D5937030CF6A1C87C670A6B9F

#80 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

Waiting for the entry list to be posted tonight...
R

#81 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

well petes hr is coming along nicly need to finish a few things tommorow night and im done on it has left some good one wheelers behind today.

#82 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

Entries for Rocky...I am No.2
R
Attached File  List in Car Order.pdf   67.26K   6 downloads

#83 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

Yep im getting there to.....

Need to nom lol, must remember to do that tomorow.

Cheers.

#84 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

Hainsey lunched a motor at Noosa on the weekend so he is out...Only 2 race cars now..me and Duffiled...450hp...Vs 140hp.....me being the 140...I will give him a RUN for his money!.........NOT!
R

#85 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

Come a few days early R i have some crap laying around in the shed that might even out the playing field....

Cheers.

#86 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

Got a problem...it took a long time to start..unusual..ran a bit rough .then I turned it off..started it again it it ran like a hairy goat backfiring out of the carb..
appears the secondary was stuck open and has flooded the engine..tried everything to start it...no joy...will leave all the plugs out and get new plugs...coil in the morning...I thought it might be the Petronix but Tim says it has good spark...no bloody end of dramas 2 days out...other alternative..if it doesnt fire tomorrow ..is refit the points back in for a try...hate this shit 2 days out...
R

#87 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

Hold that...Just found a ex race mechanic 5 mins down the road..he swears blind it is the ignition...I will try again in the morning with new plugs and coil...then the points..then throw it in the trailer and run it down to him...Gonna get to Rocky if it kills me..which it probably will.He will also build me a proper Bosch elec ignition for it.
R

#88 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

Sorry guys I am out...snapped a crank keyway pin and spun the crank 180, piston tapped No.3 exhaust and bent it.
Guess I play team Manager for the Missus and have a few runs in her car...more pics will be take though I guess.
R

#89 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

:blink2: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lol mine has no wheels atm....One day out....

Bring it anyway, we will fit an engine up to it in the wee hours of tomorrow night/Saturday morning, have a few 202's laying around, recon the car would like a REAL engine??

Cheers.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 22 July 2010 - 09:51 PM.

#90 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:11 AM

Well i went to the dyno at strip last night
the results are in

dads model A ford 38 hp@tires
Reeces ford Ute 696hp@tires

#91 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:36 AM

Sorry guys I am out...snapped a crank keyway pin and spun the crank 180, piston tapped No.3 exhaust and bent it.
Guess I play team Manager for the Missus and have a few runs in her car...more pics will be take though I guess.
R

bugger and a variety of four letter words

#92 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

Well i went to the dyno at strip last night
the results are in

dads model A ford 38 hp@tires
Reeces ford Ute 696hp@tires

Absolutely spewin i missed that.

Was flat out and couldent make it.

Catch you guys tonight.

Cheers.

#93 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

D.J.

Spoke to Reece thismorning he is taking his ute up to rocky later today to run it up on the rollers again it made 696hp @16psi boost they have now wound it up to 20psi and are hoping to not come second.

Cheers Hayden

#94 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

Well thats that more or less over.

Im home hung over under slept and with two broken Toranas, Aggro and Evil UC are heading back to Brissy hung over and under slept, Rory and Anat are heading back to Maryborough atm with a broken clubman to join the broken Van Diemen in the shed, Tempest is on his way back to Mackay with a present in the back for his Torana, and god knows what everyone else is doing hehe.

What a weekend. Put me down for next year.

Cheers.

#95 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

Get your butt over here bomber we need to plan our path of destruction too toranafest

#96 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

flat out mate.

#97 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

Same as Chris Moller...we look to have lunched a bearing on the input shaft on the Clubbie...was getting ready for the first run this morning in the Clubbie and it started making weird noises back at me.
I was first at 43.59 (which might just have me in the Top 10) and Nati was 3rd at 50.13....we were one run short of their 70% runs to qualify so we will see if they are nice and give us the trophies or not. That frigging Clubby I got my Missus is a jet!..No wonder she smiles after driving it!..The bloody thing just spins up the rear 10" slicks everywhere..its a real case of hold on and try to point it in the right bloody direction!..Had a blast!

Will slip some pics up later..need a drink...I hear DJ, AGGRO and EVILUC got to bed at 3.00am?..Hmmmm...Cruiza was in there as well...Thanks for turning up guys...the moral support was great and the Missus said later..What a nice young bunch of guys?...I said...You dont know them yet!!Lol!!

R

#98 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

Always a honor R.

Now bring me my Gixxer....

Cheers.

#99 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

Sorry to hear you have had yet more bad luck, don't pay any attention to DJ he will no doubt tell you I sabotaged his car too..

was good to see you racing and catch up I was over the other side and saw you both do a few runs that car sure can fly... Looks to me though the driver have both got a bit of skill too

#100 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

Here you go.....Watch the steering wheel trying to keep the bloody thing straight when it starts spinning the slicks.
R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users