lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:15 PM

I'm looking for a colour to paint for lc 2dr. I was painting it stike-me with pearl with a 308 and 8 truppets though the bonnet, but seen the blown lc on the front of Street Machine, and don't want pink any more. I want a colour that stands out in a crowd. My panel beater wants to get it painted in some new flash paint that brings a airbush effect though the paint itself, havn't seen it. I was thinking of painting it in a factory colour with pearl, and doing a bit of a retro lc gtr with a set of 18inch sprintmasters. I was building a streeter to go drag racing in, and it turning out too good for racing.

#2 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:37 PM

I'd love to see an LC in a modernised look of a GTR, original style colour in a newer paint format (ie pearl) with perhaps charcoal or black pearl stripes and blackouts, 17 or 18inch sprintmasters like you said, a really nice smooth looking engine bay, and a modern interior in black/charcoal leather with modernised guages etc.

I really like the Olds toronado that TV host Jay Leno built, corvette underpinnings, large diameter original style wheels, and neat insides. I'll try and see if i can get a picture to work

Posted Image

#3 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:49 PM

Colin...
Paint it TOXIC!
It's the new BA Falcon colour.. the green/yellow that looks like a cross between linamint and barbados....Retro heaven!
Great colour.
Good move, dropping the pink! always looks weird on an LC for some reason?

Cheers Greg..

#4 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:12 PM

Greg, your definately right TOXIC is a hot colour, theres a new GT round the corner from me at work and every time i drive past it i wish i had the bucks to buy one just like it!!

It would look great on an LC too i think!

#5 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:16 PM

Posted Image

fantastic colour!

#6 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:52 AM

^ Imagine that colour on an LC with a fully polished grille and tailight surrounds. New chrome bumpers and dropped on it's belly with custom 17" sprintmasters!
Not to mention 8 polished trumpets straight up the bonnet line... :clap:

Cheers Greg..

#7 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:37 PM

i like the colour, only seen it once and it stood out. Dose it change colour with the light. The wife likes it too, still wants it pink. I'm going down to Ford on monday and have a good look at it. I think it would like pity good in TOXIC green with cream gtr trim.

I'm pissing the door and boot locks off. I have kept the rear 1/4 indicators, for it is a lc, don't like them. My panel beater wants to get rid of the door handles too, I'm thinks about it. It's great have a good panel beater who i don't have to cut off my arm to pay. His has not been on the tools for 8yrs, last car was a 36 bentley. I think he is starting to like it :D he keeps coming up with ideas.

#8 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

Those 8 polished trumpets straight up the bonnet line. I have wanted a set since i was 15yrs old. The manifold is being coverted to efi at the moment. I wonder now long it will last on the street. Enginebay, nothing going in their unles needs to be, no booster or wiring. It's the last car i ever build i think, so it will be good. Can't have babys and build cars. I have about 6wks before next baby comes, has to be at the painters by then or it will never happen. Try to give this car away 12mth ago, no one wanted it, its the best shell you will find. I'm a happy man i didn't :D

#9 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:12 PM

It's the last car i ever build i think, so it will be good.

Where have I heard this before? You say that now, but when they get older and you have spare time again, the bug bites just as hard. It's then a case of what bites harder, the bug or the wallet.

#10 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:51 AM

.. but can we excuse a ford colour on a holden? :o

#11 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:22 AM

yes, yes we can. Fords colour team are pumping out MUCH nicer colours than holden, fords BA falcon blue's purple's orange's and green's are awesome!

#12 _NRV051_

_NRV051_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:11 AM

Toxic or kashmer from ford. I agree with Jabba Ford colours are the go at the moment. I am thinking on doing the wagon with in Kashmer with a white rooof.

Gav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users