Power Steering (Cortina) into LX

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:47 PM

Ive finally found a cortina with p/s, and when i got the boot open i found another p/s rack in it.so now ive got 2,anyway will i be able to put it in at home,ito my LX, is there any major work? is there a "kit" to put it in, ive got a couple of Kingswoods with P/S ill use the mount and pulley pump etc anyone done one any info would be good. What would be a fair price for a cortina rack ?

#2 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:09 PM

I paid $180 for mine for memory...

#3 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:02 PM

G'day Barman,

CRS are the guys that used to do that conversion - not sure if they still do it - you would have to ring and ask.

There is a bit of stuff to do to make it fit in there and CRS wouldn't tell me everything but I reckon I have it pretty much sus�d out but the setup is far from a bolt in swap.

The deal used to be you send them your whole front cross member and the Cortina steering rack and they made it all work.

I have never seen a CRS setup as no-one has posted pics for me but if you want to see what the Cortina rack looks like next to the Torana front suspension subframe then have a squizz at my cardomain page (page 2).

Let me know what CRS say if you give them a call - I am interrested if they still do the conversion.

M@

Edited by Toranamat69, 19 April 2006 - 02:03 PM.

#4 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

Somebody previously posted that they didn't, but a phone call won't hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users