GTR Grill and parts stolen - Melbourne

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 _Ants308_

_Ants308_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

Hey all. I've recently (within the last month) had a few things stolen from my shed. The two parts I'm most concerned about is an LJ grill in excellent condition and a near immaculate LC GTR grill with Lime Green centre strip. This CANNOT me common, so if you've seen these for sale around Eastern suburbs of Melbourne or you know of someone who has recently acquired one in recent weeks to a month, PLEASE PM me. I've contacted the Police so anything I can do to help them is appreciated.

Thanks

Ant

#2 _RLH308_

_RLH308_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

I'm sure I saw an LC grill for sale on ebay that had the green strip painted on. It was only within the last month but it doesn't come up in the completed listings (only goes back 2 weeks). It was a very clean grill and the photo had an LJ and another car (can't remember what it was though) in the background. Pretty sure it was from Vic too! Can't tell you anymore than that as I was just looking out of curiosity for my brother-in-law who is now after 8 years doing a full resto on his LC coupe. He needs quite a few bits!

Maybe this info might trigger someones memory, sorry I can't help anymore than that. Good luck.

#3 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:31 PM

Definitely keep my eyes peeled. Local too

#4 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

were abouts in eastern suburbs was it taken from ill have a poke around down this end hope you get your stuff back

#5 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

Have you had any e-bay items picked up recently?
I record every number plate that turns up here.

#6 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:02 AM

I never have anything picked up from home, always meet them at maccas as drop off point

#7 _Ants308_

_Ants308_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

Thanks guys for your responses. The parts were taken from my shed in the Ringwood area. I hadn't had anyone to pick up car parts for ages (years in fact), so it's not an ebay person. I was able to locate a couple of other things outside of my property that they stole but couldn't carry. But still no grill.

RLH308 - The grill also had a GTR badge on it too. Does that ring a bell? What you've said with timing would work out about right.

Cheers,

Ant

Edited by Ants308, 26 April 2010 - 10:35 AM.

#8 _RLH308_

_RLH308_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

I don't recall it having a GTR badge on it, but they could have kept it as a souvenier! I've looked at heaps of stuff in the last few weeks but this grill I couldn't forget, guy described it as never been fitted to a car due to there being no marks on it around screw holes, but it did have the green strip painted on it. I'm trying to rack my brain to come up with some more info and i'll post when I do. Cheers.

#9 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

I'm sure I saw an LC grill for sale on ebay that had the green strip painted on. It was only within the last month but it doesn't come up in the completed listings (only goes back 2 weeks). It was a very clean grill and the photo had an LJ and another car (can't remember what it was though) in the background. Pretty sure it was from Vic too! Can't tell you anymore than that as I was just looking out of curiosity for my brother-in-law who is now after 8 years doing a full resto on his LC coupe. He needs quite a few bits!

Maybe this info might trigger someones memory, sorry I can't help anymore than that. Good luck.

try and dig into your history ive done that before to prove similar stuff. good luck or get onto that great firewall ebay like you say doesnt hold it which is a crock if they were serious about this sort of stuff they would help you by sending you the file.your own computers history should still have it though

#10 _RLH308_

_RLH308_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

I tried to look in the history on my computer but it only keeps up to 3 weeks.

#11 _gtr-xu2_

_gtr-xu2_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:55 AM

I tried to look in the history on my computer but it only keeps up to 3 weeks.

yes i seen a grill on ebay with green stripe on it its was selling for $2000 ,also stated in had never been put on a car,this was about 2weeks ago,just keep looking as it did not sell they might relist it.

#12 _blownlcgtr_

_blownlcgtr_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

Grill has been relisted if it is the same one. described as new in eastern suburbs of melbourne has green strip $2000 buy it now
item number is 320541351690 sorry dont know how to put up a link but here is a photo
Attached File  grill.bmp   197.81K   18 downloads
Attached File  grill 2.jpg   1.01K   19 downloads
Attached File  grill 1.jpg   1.05K   16 downloads
seller id is hdt7103
item description is torana lc grill new old stock

#13 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

awesome work...hope you get a result....if thats it.

#14 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:25 PM

dont send this seller andy silly questions guys... let ants hit the buy it now button and go round and look at it in person.

#15 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

Grill has been relisted if it is the same one. described as new in eastern suburbs of melbourne has green strip $2000 buy it now
item number is 320541351690 sorry dont know how to put up a link but here is a photo
Attached File  grill.bmp   197.81K   18 downloads
Attached File  grill 2.jpg   1.01K   19 downloads
Attached File  grill 1.jpg   1.05K   16 downloads
seller id is hdt7103
item description is torana lc grill new old stock

Here it is, hope it works.
http://cgi.ebay.com....=item4aa1c0df0a

#16 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:44 PM

dont send this seller andy silly questions guys... let ants hit the buy it now button and go round and look at it in person.

I agree, don't do anything that might make the seller suspicious.
I think it would be better though to inform the police and let them look into it.

#17 _Ants308_

_Ants308_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

Hey all. Thanks a lot for looking out for me and this grille! It's great to know there's plenty of people on my side. Whilst the grille I had was in pretty damn good nick, this thing is immaculate! So unfortunately this is not the one I had stolen.

Cheers,

Ant

#18 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:39 PM

I'm glad you said that.
I've been holding my tounge on this one.
I have dealt with that seller and he seems like a good bloke.

#19 _blownlcgtr_

_blownlcgtr_
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

Hey all. Thanks a lot for looking out for me and this grille! It's great to know there's plenty of people on my side. Whilst the grille I had was in pretty damn good nick, this thing is immaculate! So unfortunately this is not the one I had stolen.

Cheers,

Ant

Hi
thats alright wasnt sure bowsing on ebay seen the grill same area thought id throw it up and check

#20 _gtr-xu2_

_gtr-xu2_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

Hey all. I've recently (within the last month) had a few things stolen from my shed. The two parts I'm most concerned about is an LJ grill in excellent condition and a near immaculate LC GTR grill with Lime Green centre strip. This CANNOT me common, so if you've seen these for sale around Eastern suburbs of Melbourne or you know of someone who has recently acquired one in recent weeks to a month, PLEASE PM me. I've contacted the Police so anything I can do to help them is appreciated.

Thanks

Ant

look ebay item number 320541351690 seller id hdt7103 hope this helps the grill is advertised new old stock never been fitted to a car from eastern subs melbourne from gtr-xu2

Edited by gtr-xu2, 09 June 2010 - 07:28 PM.

#21 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

^^^look up ^^^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users