12.5 @ 115.8 mph 202 XU1 N/A

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 _NZ Toranaman_

_NZ Toranaman_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

Well I thought I would post it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do Posted Image

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XwvM3Mjo7ow

This is still too high geared, third gear was running out just before the line and on street rubber.
2.3 60ft and 8.3 660ft
He made a few adjustments which helped no end but it would be nice with a 3.9 or 4.1 which may be on the way soon!

Edited by NZ Toranaman, 26 April 2010 - 06:44 PM.

#2 greens nice

greens nice

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Car:EH Holden

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

thanks for that.
is he running an exhaust? its very quiet.

#3 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

well done it amazes me the times the straight 6's are putting out these days Posted Image and what was in the other thing ??? it shounded like a wet fart Posted Image

#4 _NZ Toranaman_

_NZ Toranaman_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

it does run a home made design ;)
The other thing was a Oldsmobile Cutlass from memory and was pretty quick for a big car.

#5 _rb3torana_

_rb3torana_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

What fuel does he use? Any insite on what specs on the motor, I understand if you dont want to give away too muchPosted Image .

#6 warrenm

warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • Car:1972 LJ Torana
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:12 AM

When he gets it to hook up it will be a weapon.

#7 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

well done it amazes me the times the straight 6's are putting out these days

This thing is still more than 6 tenths off what they were doing pre-1975 ;)

That doesn't mean that I don't think it's fast though, it's very awesome, but if it was set up for drag racing a bit better it would be VERY interesting indeed :)

#8 greens nice

greens nice

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Car:EH Holden

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

well done it amazes me the times the straight 6's are putting out these days

This thing is still more than 6 tenths off what they were doing pre-1975 Posted Image

That doesn't mean that I don't think it's fast though, it's very awesome, but if it was set up for drag racing a bit better it would be VERY interesting indeed Posted Image

maybe so, but remember the 2.3 sixty foot.

fastest N/A Holden 6 so far is George Wegeners Toyota 700 (me thinks?) it had a 161 in it, with a 4 barrel and methanol haha. ran 11.6

#9 _NZ Toranaman_

_NZ Toranaman_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

1. It runs on leaded
2. Yea I agree
3+4 Well now we have something to work on ;)

Last straight 6 N/A ran 11.8 and this is faster, in particular in the top end and pulls hard to the 7800rpm limiter

The motor has had 2 years of circuit racing too.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6Cm2kw3maG0 < full song around a circuit recently

#10 _Bad Blood_

_Bad Blood_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

Great to see old red six cyl doing good times, and yer they might not be as quick as in the 70's & 80's but I found it abit hard to find all the go'ee gear that they had back then, all the shops are selling new gear for modern motors. Its still out there I surppose but hard to find. Its a bit of a bugga when a young fella comes up to you at the drags and asks "is that what they call a straight six" makes you feel a bit old.Posted Image

#11 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

love the sound of a red straight 6 banger at full noise, watched it twice and almost made a little mess in my pants Posted Image

#12 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

thats great,

I had to watch it twice to. Im inspired by that.

Further to this;

An up start pip squik that I employ commented on the torana the other day at work and he has a 180 Sx turbo japanese car. He commented on that the torana was a boat with relation to handling and i assume power. Im now going to sack him on monday for his comments.

I just emailed him ( the pip squik upstart ) the youtube link with the following line attached to the email.

" They may be boats but you guy�s a spoilt. It�s a 40 year old car. You can always make a shit racer look good in a good modern car"

#13 _gtr-torana_

_gtr-torana_
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

sweet car, i could watch & listen to that car go round the circuit all day. well done

#14 _NZ Toranaman_

_NZ Toranaman_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:12 AM

Just a note on this car.
Theres more to come as the 12.5 seconds was done with circuit racing gearing wich I think gives it around 145mph top speed and a very tall first gear, we are working on making a second diff we can slot in just for the drags with either a 4.1 or 4.3 ratio.
The Porsche it over takes in the circuit vid is an imported race car on slicks with tires that are inches bigger and the Torana which was on DOT approved tires.
This car is a package and the power is just one part of the package but with it pushing out probably well over 350hp without the aid of a turbo you can understand that this is a very well sorted car.
The guy who looks after this used to service Toranas when they were new and has been involved in motorsport since then with alot of success in various classes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users