engine conversion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _newby_

_newby_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:45 PM

gday all im new to toranas as i have a vs commodore and dont really no any of the old school stuff but am thinking about putting a vn 5litre or a v6 ecotec into a lh torana i just want to no if either of these conversions can be done and if so how much would they cost and would they be difficult. Thanks so much

#2 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:59 PM

Hi newby

yes they can both be done.

I am currently fitting a V8 EFI into my LX Torana, a rough idea of price is around $3,500
(I am not spending a great deal on this) but that included a s/h motor, wiring and computer etc etc, seeing as you already have most of this your costs would be considerably less.

You will require a Torana sump as the Commodore one doesn't fit, the VS heads are different to red motor V8 ones so you will need a new or modified exhaust depending on what you have now. Your fuel rail may need slight modification to make it fit. There is no need to remove the heater box as it can all be made to fit with that intact. (many seem to think it is necessary to remove or butcher the heater box.)

Fitment is not that difficult but you will need a good understanding of wiring and harnesses or a hand from someone that does (as in my case) as your VS ones if used will need to be modified to suit a Torana.

Dunno about the V6 but suffice to say a number of Torry owners have done this too.

Good luck, those who have done this say it is a worthwhile conversion.

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 20 April 2006 - 05:01 PM.

#3 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:36 PM

Flamenco is doing a Holden V6 conversion at the moment so maybe he can comment on price of this type of conversion.

#4 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:20 PM

heres a site for you to check out mate

http://www.v6conversions.com.au/

A1

#5 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:54 PM

Flamenco is doing a Holden V6 conversion at the moment so maybe he can comment on price of this type of conversion.

Is that going into his Cappacino?

#6 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:20 PM

The flat latte is his daily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users