- - - - -

LJ 355

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

#101 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:36 AM

Hey guys bit of a update on the LJ rear end almost complete just brake lines to do then off to a few rust repairs and new paint finally getting somewhere !

http://s54.photobuck...t=GTRXU1031.jpg
http://s54.photobuck...t=GTRXU1047.jpg
http://s54.photobuck...t=GTRXU1039.jpg

http://s54.photobuck...t=GTRXU1045.jpg
http://s54.photobuck...t=GTRXU1044.jpg

#102 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:07 PM

Nice car man love it must Hammer New paint hey same colour?

#103 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:36 PM

Not sure yet toddles same again or maybe silver

#104 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:18 AM

Argh,here I was thinking I went well by actually managing to get some work done on my lc lol.

Well done LJ355,are you putting the reservoirs for the m/cyl's in the engine bay or are you hiding them under the dash?

#105 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hey gtrboyy unfortunatlely there in the engine bay i wanted a clean look but no can do its getting there now a few more things to do diff at powder coaters now be back in next week then of to panel and paint be ready for lots of updates hows urs coming along

#106 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:56 PM

Just started to actually want to start working on the car again & finding a little bit of time to do it too lol.I'm waiting for tax time to roll around & if I get a good return I might get a 4pt cage put in or buy either a tremec or a 6spd for it if it stays a v8.Also doing a few other little things to it.

I want to have it driving again by the end of the year.Miss being able to take it out late at night.

#107 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:37 AM

Know the feeling mate last few weeks things have been hectic working in canberra so its sorta been in the back of my mind but now its gotta get it going again my painter is ready to do it so its not going to sit in his shop to long motor is done bar cam not sure on lift at this point interior ready to go in then full rewire

#108 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

Just started to actually want to start working on the car again & finding a little bit of time to do it too lol.I'm waiting for tax time to roll around & if I get a good return I might get a 4pt cage put in or buy either a tremec or a 6spd for it if it stays a v8.Also doing a few other little things to it.

I want to have it driving again by the end of the year.Miss being able to take it out late at night.

gtrboy...you still working on that thing?? :tease:

#109 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:10 PM

LOL Bart,been too busy with work & any rare free time has been spent with the gf so that she can still remember what I look like.

I have actually managed to get some work done on it,you just wouldn't know it by looking at it,JBird would think it has gone backwards as when he last saw it was when it looked nearly complete & was driving as we took it out for a decent drive.

Edited by gtrboyy, 26 May 2007 - 11:13 PM.

#110 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:05 PM

LOL Bart,been too busy with work & any rare free time has been spent with the gf so that she can still remember what I look like.

I have actually managed to get some work done on it,you just wouldn't know it by looking at it,JBird would think it has gone backwards as when he last saw it was when it looked nearly complete & was driving as we took it out for a decent drive.

Yeah, won't forget my first taste of V8 torana.

AHHA, then it sorta turned into a chimney. (damn old wiring!)

#111 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:09 PM

Yeah I know lol,the one damn part of the wiring that I hadn't redone in the whole car too.Lucky I put fusible links to save the car from that kind of thing or it might have gone up in flames.

#112 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:22 PM

Forgot to say, LJ355, nice car! Haven't seen this thread in a while. Love the tubs!

Who's doing them? I wanna get mine done soon to fit 17x9s!

#113 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

Got the tubs done by Mark at md conversions out at blacktown

#114 LJ_L67

LJ_L67

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

Bit of a thread revival, but i couldnt resist.

Awesome car mate, must be a joy to drive (and have everyone drool over) :)

#115 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:34 PM

Wow its been a very long time since ive posted about the beast i have had some progress so here goes...

As i had issues with the old motor it was ditched and have a brand new motor to put in over the easter weekend heres what we have built

VT roller block
Harrop crank 355
Scat H beams
SRP forgies
Camtech custom grind solid roller
VN heads ported by super flow
YT platnum rockers
Match ported single plane torque power
750 demon
Complete MSD ignition

Still running the T350 4000 convertor

New 9'' housing tig welded
Moser 31 spline axles
Full spool 4.11
Mcdonald bros trailing arms
Spax coilovers

While the motor was out it was then decided to fix up the rest of the car properly
first i had it mini tubbed im now running 15x9 275/50/15 rears while i got the diff built i had it changed to disc rear end now has outlaw calipers VN disc got rid of the brake booster now using a willwood pedal box looks much neater
Then the car was sent of to panel and paint for a quick tidy up ! had a few rust issues to be fixed and i want a clean engine bay so all holes have been plated/welded we then decided to stretch the rear guards to fit the bigger tyres and to have it as low as possible so we have added 3'' to the wheel arch with all the panel work done the car is now in hi fill the engine bay was painted last friday and after a very long think about colours i have decided to go silver(toyota aurion) with the XU1 black outs so soon as the motor and box is in the rest will be sprayed
in this time i have had all chrome and stainless refurbished by vinnies in melbourne he has done a fantastic job well worth the wait ! new dashpad by dash orginal complete new set of glass so its pretty much a new car

Some pics

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by LJ355, 12 March 2008 - 03:37 PM.

#116 LJ_L67

LJ_L67

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:33 AM

WOW.... and i thought it was already mint!

All the best with the rebuild mate, i'm sure it will be even more impressive this time (if thats possible!)

#117 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:58 AM

I give big thumbs up :spoton: :spoton: :spoton:

#118 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

Up close the car had its faults rust bubbles and dodgy paint it looked good 20feet away ! this time i have built it the way i wanted it

#119 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

Spectacular, just the sort of LJ I'd like to own one day. Great choice on the colour too, will look really good I think.

This time keep the updates a bit more regular!

#120 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for the comments guys things have only started to happen the last few months was going to do one big update but the old thread got dragged up so i thought id let you see whats happening !

Today the bonnet was done moulded 4'' reverse cowl scoop :spoton:

Ill keep you posted pics to come

#121 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

Ok time for a update new motor was finished last week so this weekend me and some mates had the joy of putting it in its new home all went in well cause the only thing in the car was the diff the front of the car is very light so 2 of us picked it up and and other mate rolled the front end complete with motor and box straight in easy as that ! so now its all back in now decided to have a andra approved cage put in which will be done this week then the paint work will be finished

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#122 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

Looks like fun times ahead very nice

#123 _lcv871_

_lcv871_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

i must say that looks hot, cant wait to see the finished product

#124 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

Wont be to far way now soon as paint is done exhaust will be fitted then a full rewire i have all chrome and trim ready to fit :spoton:

And its still regoed :<_<:

#125 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

Wow looks great! Fits in nice and tight too. I heard that you cant get the rails between the rocker covers. How much did the rails miss the rocker covers by wen you put it over the top?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users