9 replies to this topic

#1 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:57 PM

After hassling rare spares for ages for a set of side glass and rear screen (without demister), I did a bit of searching and found these guys - VEH glass.

http://www.vehglass.com.au/

I just got a passenger door glass from them and they have a drivers side one, and rear screen with demister in stock.

They said they will be having a go at making rear 1/4 glass in 4 weeks and rear screens without demister in about 8 weeks.

The more orders they get - the more motivated they are to make them.

If you are chasing glass for your hatch, give them a call and get your order in before they make this batch. Pricing is very good too.

I needed a full set except the front widscreen due to some theiving a$$wipe smashing the drivers window trying to steal the hatch and then the tint shop at Moorooka (message me if you want details) scratching the inner and outter surface of all 5 bits of glass when they were retinting them.

#2 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:23 PM

I tried to buy a rear hatch glass without demister from Rare Spares a couple of months ago. They ordered one in and when it arrived it had the demister, it turned out they used the wrong product code. So they ordered again without the demister and when it arrived it had a demister. Now the company that makes the glass say they will not make the rear glass without the demister. I will give these guys a call tomorrow.

#3 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for the info - I am in need of a replacement rear screen as well, due to someone else apparently needing it more than I did. ls2lxhatch, what was the quality of the Rarespares screen like, and the price?

Dangerous

I tried to buy a rear hatch glass without demister from Rare Spares a couple of months ago. They ordered one in and when it arrived it had the demister, it turned out they used the wrong product code. So they ordered again without the demister and when it arrived it had a demister. Now the company that makes the glass say they will not make the rear glass without the demister. I will give these guys a call tomorrow.

#4 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

I opened the box, saw the demister, closed the box and took it back so I can not really comment on the quality of the cut and shape.

The price was around the current $462 list price.
Rare Spares clear rear hatch glass with demister - GRH1000

I thought that LX77SL bought the last Rares Spares rear hatch glass without demister. However it appears he has a demister in this thread, it would be worth sending him a PM.

Posted Image

Edited by ls2lxhatch, 26 July 2010 - 12:55 PM.

#5 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

Damn I love that car ^

Never get sick of seeing it!!

#6 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

I know this thread is old but thats the exact thing that happened to me ls2lxhatch they looked everywhere for it. Said yep we have one without the demister somewhere in the eastern states so i payed there and then for it faster postage and everything, when it arrived it got fitted straight to the car without me seeing it. I was rather disappointed with rare spares for that but these things happen. I was on a time restraint so it there is a company thats gonna start making them without i would get one.

Ayden

#7 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

Is it impossible to buff or polish the demister off?

#8 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

I finally got a new pair of Hatch rear 1/4 glass windows.  Veh glass never got their act together on this but musclecar parts at Moorebank now have them.

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_2781wt_1161

I grabbed their first set and they are pretty nice reproductions.

The edge finish isn't quite as nice as the originals but not too bad. I am just happy to have a brand new set - woohoo!

When I have a bit more spare cash, I might buy another one and linish the edges up with scotchbrite as that matches the original edge finish beautifully. I am not game to mess with the new set I have though.

Matt

#9 _j.e.d._

_j.e.d._
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

Holy crap is that the price per side?

#10 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

Yep $330 per side.

It aint the 70's anymore - suggest you look at the price for new car windows.

I am sure the price will come down a $100  or so if others bring them out but these guys did it first.

I wasn't missing out though - if no one else buys them, we may not see them available even at this price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users