• 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

LOL @ all of the above

#602 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

well this weekend has been a Daisy Chain to me. everything is back in i scored a ally rad put everything back in. fired her up ran it for a couple of minutes. tiniest bit of oil pressure.... frOck you! oil pump seems fine no scoring or play. pickup is sealed and not blocked oil gallery doesnt seem to be blocked. maybe just maybe one last chance i am going to pack the oil pump with grease and fill the filter with oil and hopefully i should get some oil pressure than i can get a video of it moving. man oh man this is painful i just want see it move after 3 years.

anyone got any idea's?

also idles fine. but then is real doughy on rev? like dies almost then revs? stupid injection... lets inject it said no one ever!

further more to the tiny bit of oil pressure there seems to be oil in the pump fresh oil coz the old oil was dirtyish. and that tiny bit turned into dry so we killed the ignition took the pump relay out and coil off and tryed to crank it. but with no luck. any ideas? i have heard that the oil pump not priming correctly is a common problem with the 304/308

#603 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

further more again its had no oil in it sump off for around 2 months or so? which means it would of been bone dry so thats also how i know the oil in the pump was fresh. its got me stumped.

#604 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Prime the pump with vas

#605 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Prime the pump with vas

don't give him ideas :)

further more again its had no oil in it sump off for around 2 months or so? which means it would of been bone dry so thats also how i know the oil in the pump was fresh. its got me stumped.

oil is sposed to go "dirty"
but just a thought..did you change the filter?
that holds 500ml and may be the cause of the blackness

#606 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

well this weekend has been a Daisy Chain to me. everything is back in i scored a ally rad put everything back in. fired her up ran it for a couple of minutes. tiniest bit of oil pressure.... frOck you! oil pump seems fine no scoring or play. pickup is sealed and not blocked oil gallery doesnt seem to be blocked. maybe just maybe one last chance i am going to pack the oil pump with grease and fill the filter with oil and hopefully i should get some oil pressure than i can get a video of it moving. man oh man this is painful i just want see it move after 3 years.

anyone got any idea's?

also idles fine. but then is real doughy on rev? like dies almost then revs? stupid injection... lets inject it said no one ever!

further more to the tiny bit of oil pressure there seems to be oil in the pump fresh oil coz the old oil was dirtyish. and that tiny bit turned into dry so we killed the ignition took the pump relay out and coil off and tryed to crank it. but with no luck. any ideas? i have heard that the oil pump not priming correctly is a common problem with the 304/308

should have brought my 333 when you had the chance.....
90% you have a fuel issue josh....check your pump and filter...

#607 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

or i could take it off your hands for a bottle of scotch :P

#608 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Correct, 304's super common for bad oil pressure on first startup, prime the pump a few times.

We run a 304 in one of the skid cars, doesn't get pressure at all on idle, still doing skids 2 years later.

#609 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

There you go Joshy, you're almost there.

As much as we give you sh!t, we all want to see this thing running nearly as much as you do.

:3gears: pics to follow I hope !?!?!?!!!

#610 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Prime the pump with vas

thats prime the "PUMP " with VAS not the zorst joshy boy :)

There you go Joshy, you're almost there.

As much as we give you sh!t, we all want to see this thing running nearly as much as you do.

:3gears: pics to follow I hope !?!?!?!!!

:iagree:

#611 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Name:Garth
  • Car:UC S̶u̶n̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ 5000!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Josh, I just had to prime my pump because the motor has been sitting for a long time, do NOT use grease because it can easily block oil galleries and f@!k your engine. Lot of people recommend vaseline but if your oil pump is good you only need to take it off and fill it with oil. I had pressure in about 2 secs after staring...

#612 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

well i'll try oil first then. wont get a chance to touch it till saturday.... bring on gazzanats i say this time im going everything booked and set for gnats :) fark yeah! i scored an oil pump of a fellow skidder a high volume for a bottle of jacks so thats going on. heres hoping i havent done the cam bearings from no oil pressure or the fact that its been dry for so long i have some pics of latest progress but car is currently a mess.

#613 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

just going through old photos this is how slow my progress has gone since 2011 haha this is how the car sat when i lost interest. dont mind the jack stand that was being a temporay bumper holder while i waited for my new bolts at the time. i promise i will have photos this weekend.

Posted Image

meanwhile my torana is doing this :(

Posted Image

#614 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Forget the torana and keep the ute. Its taking this long for an engine conversion and half a respray, id hate to think how long the torana is gonna take. Your just gonna keep pulling your hair out and emptying your wallet trying to get anywhere with the torana, just enjoy something you have FINALLY finished.

#615 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,836 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I thought I read somewhere that high volume oil pumps are not ideal unless you have a larger capacity sump?

#616 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,126 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

I remember seeing your torana at AHD a few years ago it was immaculate josh to see it in that condition is disappointing doing up cars requires lots of money and time and patience and trying to do up two cars at the same time doesnt work mate stick to one project bud

#617 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

I thought I read somewhere that high volume oil pumps are not ideal unless you have a larger capacity sump?

don't tell him this.......it's so close....

Forget the torana and keep the ute. Its taking this long for an engine conversion and half a respray, id hate to think how long the torana is gonna take. Your just gonna keep pulling your hair out and emptying your wallet trying to get anywhere with the torana, just enjoy something you have FINALLY finished.

where is the like button?

#618 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Yeah right mitch... Sell the torana bahahaha like thats gonna happen. Torana still is in good nick. Just chilling under a cover half primered ute will get sold one day and the torana is one of those slowww projects in just collecting stuff for the day that I kick off the rebuild hopefully I can get stuck back into the torana in the next few months

And the ute was nore than just a conversion

#619 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

But you have FINALLY finished something you were talking about. I never said sell the torana, but you took it from from a mint clean original example to a shell sitting in the back corner several years ago. Just leave it and enjoy the ute for while.

But hey its your call. Your gonna do this and gonna do that, we will see what happens.

#620 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

http://www.gumtree.c...arts/1013640891
there he is close
and that bonnet looks to have been done properly :)

#621 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Wasn't the Torana painted a couple of years ago?

#622 _Emu_

_Emu_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

:wtf:
hahahaha.

I take it these are Josh's parts?
I'd take the Prostars at that price but I'm in Vic :banghead:

#623 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

:wtf:
hahahaha.

I take it these are Josh's parts?
I'd take the Prostars at that price but I'm in Vic :banghead:

no not joshies parts
his are "mint and worth a gold mine" lol

#624 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

why would i sell bits of my torana i need them and yes as mangles said there mint bar my spare bonnet which was a practice thing and didnt turn out to well

#625 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,472 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Can't be Josh's parts
The ad was too well written , had pics and relevant info , and prices

Now.. back to finishing and selling this ute