Circuit powerboat racing.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _rammaLH_

_rammaLH_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:49 AM

Hey boys and girls, not sure how many of you might be interested but thought i would put it up anyway!
With the support of my family we race in this type of sport, thought some of you petrol heads might be interested in coming for a look!

In conjunction with John Thomas and the Victorian Speed Boat Club, we are in the final stages of planning a club race day at Lake Nillacootie, near Benalla in Victoria. Around 2.5 hours from Melbourne, and 1.5 hours from Albury/wodonga.
Date we have planned is Sunday the 3rd of October, which is the weekend between AFL grand final and Bathurst.

This is the first race meeting I have had involvement in organizing and am hoping for lots of support as I think it would be great to see more racing in Victoria.
It is a new venue and has not seen powerboat racing in years, the VDBC use to run meetings there in the 80�s and 90�s quite successfully.

It has a massive bitumen area that can comfortably cater for 40 boats, toilet facilities and 2 ramps.

Will be getting some local businesses behind the event to sponsor races, im also planning on approaching some of the local car clubs about putting on a display of classic/modified cars on the bank.

We will be catering for all boats from juniors and outboards to blown rigs!

Look forward to hearing from anyone interested!

Kind regards
Brett Ramsay
Turmoil 5.2 Posted Image

for thouse that dont know much about the sport here is a link to a promotional clip from a past event at yarrawonga
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lmezjzZJxRo

also if anyone is at all interested in putting some cars on display for the croud to brouse through on the day please let me know. would be hugely appriciated!

#2 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Could the organisers be interested in having a display either on the water or onshore of Classic Australian Woden Power Boats at the event.
I have one under restoration but there are about 10-15 in Victoria some with a race history from the 1960/70's
If they are interested drop me line at [email protected] and we can see what we can organise.
cheers
peter

#3 _rammaLH_

_rammaLH_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:44 PM

email sent peter. cheers mate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users