LJ - Gen3 - SA rego ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _stapla_

_stapla_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:38 PM

Hi Guys,

I've got my heart set on whacking in a Gen3 into my LJ.

Recently i've found castleautoelec offering a new kit just for that combo !!

http://www.castleaut...mkrYWxsc2VhcmNo

Now what are the rules for 5.7L motors into LJ's in SA ? I've done a bit of googling and found a figure of "suggested max" of 5 x 1100kg = 5.5L ? Does this sound right.

Has anyone got 350 or other large motor rego'ed in SA ? Any recommendations on engineers etc ??

I don't have the skills or workshop to do the entire conversion myself so I'll need to pay for fitting etc. I'm guessing approx cost of kit is $4000-$5000k plus $5000k for motor and $5000 for fitting. So drive in drive out motor transplant is around $15k+ I'd probably need to sink another 10k for paint, other electrical etc. Budgeting around $25-30k which is still cheaper than a v6 exec new.

Cheers
Peter

#2 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:02 PM

Well you're right, it would be cheaper than a new Dunny Door. There's another thread ATM discussing problems trying to register an LH in SA with a 350 Chev, so you may have even more headaches. Best thing to do is talk to Regency Park first. Ultimately, they are the ones who will say yes or no.

#3 _RCK-914_

_RCK-914_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:36 PM

Can you get it registered as a street machine on a club rego, as there is some already doin the converion you would think they would know,or ring the S.A department of registaion and ask them.

Cheers Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users