#1 boblhslr

boblhslr

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

Hi guys,
I have a 308 with a performer intake. I am looking to go for a single plane manifold. I am useing the car mainly as a drag car with the ocasional street duties. The engine has red heads l34 spec, 650dp holley, roller rockers, crane 5649 cam (rpm 3000- 6000), It is stock stroke with flat tops and it has high comp.
I was wondering what poeples thoughts are on changeing the dual plane to a single and which one would worker better with my set up. I was thinkingof useing a redline torquer low rise or a redline high rise. what are poeples thoughts on which manifold to use.
Thanks

#2 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,472 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:31 AM

If its manual.... go for it

If its auto.... you might not like it as much for street duties

#3 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

Yeah it would really depend on what box/stall, diff ratio, tyre size etc.
Does it redline across the lime ATM?
WHAT TIMES ARE YOU PULLING NOW????? :)
IMO a switch to a 750 on the strip would prolly pull a few more ponys up top.

have a look at thius members car it runs mid 12's, maybe PM him if he does not see this thread.

#4 _jima9x_

_jima9x_
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

Either try an Edelbrock torker or as I did a torque power dual plane - not cheap but definately delivers. Jim

#5 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

I have personally not used either of the Torque Power intakes but I swear by the Performer as opposed to the Torker.

I ran good 11's years ago with a Performer and 2" divided spacer and I have seen cars in the tens with Performers. The Torker needs a lot of work and a lot of RPM to really work.

I recently saw a 355 with HQ heads lose the Performer and fit a TP single plane and gain a little everywhere (10Kw peak on a 220Kw engine)IMO it wasn't worth the investment or the hole in the bonnet.

JMHO

#6 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

I have only ever used the performer or a OEM manifold, no complaints here.

#7 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

I'm running what sounds like a similar specd motor to yours exept its stroked and on bbq fuel.

I think that's interesting about the differences with the performer and redline torker.

I'm running a torker single plane and reckon its grouse however its been on the motor the whole time, I don't really have a comparison. If going for that though if you can id agree to run maybe a 750 with a spacer 1/2 to 1" on top.

Cheers

#8 boblhslr

boblhslr

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

Hi guys, I was mainly looking at the redline torker manifold as it has a raised floor. But was wondering if the high rise one was better then the low rise torker.
My car atm is running 13.05@106mph But I have a crap 60ft time with a best of 2.00. This is due to the converter being a 3000rpm and running through a turbo400. I am changeing to 3800rpm converter and a turbo 350 to help the 60ft times. But was also looking for maybe a gain in hp by changeing the intake to a single plane. The car has a 9" with 4.11 gears and 26" slicks. But not turning the tyers off the start.
Thanks

#9 _azureblueslr_

_azureblueslr_
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

Hi guys, I was mainly looking at the redline torker manifold as it has a raised floor. But was wondering if the high rise one was better then the low rise torker.
My car atm is running 13.05@106mph But I have a crap 60ft time with a best of 2.00. This is due to the converter being a 3000rpm and running through a turbo400. I am changeing to 3800rpm converter and a turbo 350 to help the 60ft times. But was also looking for maybe a gain in hp by changeing the intake to a single plane. The car has a 9" with 4.11 gears and 26" slicks. But not turning the tyers off the start.
Thanks

hi bob
dont change the manifold yet
fitt the bigger stall and see how she runs first ,also check/modify the carb and ignition system to make sure they are working 100% with your engine combo
if anything your 60 ft will be worse with the torker not better
cheers

#10 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

Thanks

I cant compare the 2 manifolds as when i had the performer it was on a totally different engine but now the redline torker on this engine works fine. Im running a 3200 stall and 4:11 rear ratio and i have plenty down low. My 60ft times are just under the 1.9 but thats mainly due to the fact i cant get traction and ran a [email protected]. I get under 1.9 when i leave at half throttle and not stalled up if i nail it im up around the 2.1. So i cant compare the the mainfolds but im extremely happy with the redline one.

#11 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

:burnout:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users