- - - - -

HRT427

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#26 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 04:48 PM

If HSV make these, I'd end up owning two. That's how good she is! I've owned some bloody quick cars, but the HRT 427 is something special.

In fact, if HSV made them I'd sell everything (except my cars) and buy a few!!! These would have been the King of Aussie Muscle Cars and probably blown off everything up to and including a Porsche GT2.

I'd love to have England's Top Gear do a test drive in her. Maybe Australian Muscle Car magazine would do a test drive - the figures would blow your mind. I am going to take it to Eastern Creek and Western Sydney International Dragway to see what she will do!

Now 830HP, I think that having a stock red monaro and swapping the plates would be naughty. Why didn't I think of that?

Leakey, find out what you can about the Bolwell. It is what I like in a car - big horsepower and no weight. Bolwell now make scooters like Vespa.

#27 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:15 PM

So you cant register it!? Wow what a crazy "production" car. Production being used in a highly loose sense! Tell us whe u take it out to WSID because we'd all love to see that in action.

#28 _EXLXSL_

_EXLXSL_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:31 PM

I'm sure they'd let you enter it in Targa. Not many Ferrari F40s running registered on the roads but a local over here entered his (left hand drive) and parked it in the trees a few years ago.

#29 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:32 PM

No Targa Tassie for me, I prefer circuit racing - I'd rather hit an armco with an ambulance 30 seconds away than hit a tree after falling 60 metres down a gully with an ambulance 40 minutes away!

JBird, this is a prototype, not production ready but the only thing I would need to change is the engine management to cut the emissions and probably the seat belts (it has 2 race harness'. I will probably keep it for track use. 50 km's on the clock at 200kph is more fun than 200km's on the clock at 50kph!

If anyone knows when WSID has a meeting I can run at then let me know.

#30 _Simmo_

_Simmo_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

every wednesday night they have street meets....there wont be any bracket racing for the rest of the season after next weekends nitro champs as far as i know.

so wednesdays would be your best chance of racing it before the next drag season starts.

but definately let us know when u go as we will be there with bells on.....lol maybe race u in the HQ hahaha

#31 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:56 PM

i didnt think they brought any of these out?

#32 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:01 PM

that is a real nice machine mate congratulations on the purchase of a classic, a one off, make sure you lock her up very well as there are plenty of low lifes out there.
Would taking it to summernats be out of the question??

:spoton: :spoton: :spoton: :spoton:

#33 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:20 AM

Azza, This is HSV's prototype. They only built this one and the one Holden still own.

I'll get out to WSID one Wednesday soon. If you know REDA9X, he knows where I'll be taking my cars. If he is happy to have you come along, then I don't have a problem.

I've never been to the Summernats. What do they do there? Is it secure?

I know what you mean about low lifes. I keep the location of my cars very quiet and the security is 1st class - my insurance company is happy to cover them.

#34 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:56 AM

Mick I'd personally avoid Summernats, it's turned to shit. A guy I work with won it 2 years in a row and had his car damaged on one occassion. There are too many horror storys coming out of the place now, it's not a show for car fanatics anymore, it's more of an excuse for getting pissed. The last time I went a bunch of guys threatened to beat the shit out of us and smash the car if we didn't do a burnout. This was while the so called security guards looked on and laughed inside the venue.

#35 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:25 AM

The last time I went a bunch of guys threatened to beat the shit out of us and smash the car if we didn't do a burnout.

Sounds like the old days trying to drive your car through the general car park at Bathurst on a friday night..... maybe they have all moved to the summernats.....

#36 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:04 PM

yeah you might be right

#37 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

Personally I';d give the nats a miss... a stunner like your car woudlnt get a second look because:
1) the pissed idiots wouldnt know what it ACTUALLY IS.
2) it doesnt have a 12/71 blower sticking out the bonnet!

WSID is great to go and have some fun.. Wednesday nights is no problem!

Have a look at http://www.wsid.com....age=Information For info on Wicked Wednesdays as theyre called!

Unfortuantely I wont be able to race the HQ againt you as much as i would dearly love to! Its got too many problems at the moment, But I'd be more than interested to know when your coming down to shake hands and put a face to the nickname!

OH... and Congratulations on your purchase! That is a FINE piece of motoring history :) Well Done!

Cheers!

#38 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:14 PM

O.K.. No Summernats for me.

Tiny, talk to REDA9X about where I am running my cars. He knows when I'll be at Eastern Creek and Oran Park(in an A9X Group C Hatch) and I'll let him know when I am going to WSID.

I just read the WSID Wicked Wednesday Website (now that's a tongue twister) and the car needs to be road registered. I'll have to sus them out on my car.

Also, I've heard we will be racing the Group C cars at Bathurst as part of the 1000 meeting. Excellent!!! :D

#39 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:48 PM

No worries :) Cheers!

#40 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:50 PM

iv heard similar stories about summernats although i havnt seen many problems, then again im not one for looking for trouble, i think the trouble starts at night which would explain why i havnt seen any as im out and about in the city lol not much to see.
So yeah based on what others say best not bring it to Summernats. Christ it would be a shame if some shit head damaged your classic. :furious:
Kind regards :spoton:

#41 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:06 PM

Love it. Don't change it for rego, best to leave it in its awesome original condition and see if you can get it on the track like that. Certainly give summernats a miss, most of those ppl are'nt classy enough to appreciate what you would be driving.

#42 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:46 PM

I think a fair few places may make an exception if you call in advance and tell them what you've got... I sorta can't see many venues turning you down. The only problem that i can see is insurance...

Edited by Heath, 01 May 2006 - 06:46 PM.

#43 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:02 PM

Fantastic car. I logged on expecting to see a picture of a yellow A9X, (silly me) but was even more impressed with the devil red 427. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, regards Mick. :spoton:

#44 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:12 PM

Tiny, talk to REDA9X about where I am running my cars.  He knows when I'll be at Eastern Creek and Oran Park(in an A9X Group C Hatch)

Also, I've heard we will be racing the Group C cars at Bathurst as part of the 1000 meeting.  Excellent!!!  :D

Very good pick up on such a rare beast.
Pitty they never made more like it and made them for the road.

Is the Bathurst thing with the Group C's finalised. Spoke to some one recently on this. There was some debate over parade laps and being able to race. The Group C association want it as a race I've been made to belive and rightfully so. The public would much rather see the cars in full flight used in they way they were designed to be used not just putting around waving to the crowd.
Can you shed any more light on this?

One more thing. Which Group C A9X do you own? I love to see some pics as well if you don't mind.

Edited by HatchmanSS76, 01 May 2006 - 09:14 PM.

#45 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:56 PM

I don't know what has been finalised for Bathurst for the Group C's, but I heard that it will be a spirited demonstration over several laps - not just a parade lap.

I'll get someone to take some pictures of the Group C on the track. I'll get them posted after I race in mid June.

With the HRT 427, I wont be modifying her for registation!

#46 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:04 PM

* spirited demonstration *

Thats what we like to see.
I mix with quite a few guys involved in historic speedway. They have what they call spirited demonstrations. You ask the guys that drive the cars and they'll tell you they're racing each other there's no such thing as a spirited demonstration.
To cut a long story short. They'll race.

#47 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:54 PM

It'll be interesting to see the times the A9X's do around Bathurst.

They will probably be quicker now than in '79, even with the chase - the tyres and brake pad material are that much better now. That is, assuming the drivers are up to it. I hope Brock runs, as well as some current V8 Supercar drivers.

I expect a very spirited demonstration!

#48 _lcgtr_

_lcgtr_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

Hey red can you post the engine bay pics??

#49 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:14 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:53 PM

These photos came out well. I love the fuel tank!

RED, the car pulled about 4 or 5 car lenghts down the straight on a 297kw HSV.

I played around with the adjustable shocks and ended up full hard on the fronts and full soft on the rears. It needs a lot more negative camber and some firmer springs to get it into corners quicker.

By the time I get it and me sorted, it'll fly. I couldn't give it everything out of corners because of wheel spin :spoton: .

I might try putting the 18 x 9's wheels off the rear to the front, and get some 11's for the rear. I think it needs more rubber all round and I've just about rooted the fronts already. Now the fronts are 235's and the rears 265's, so 265's on the front and 315's on the rear should work a treat - less understeer in and more power on out of corners.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users