My GSX 250 S

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:42 PM

I finally got around to getting my Motorbike Licence and picked up this 1983 GSX 250 S along with another GS450S thrown in. The 450 had a seized motor so i sold that and kept the 250.

Here it is when i got it. Needs a good clean and a tune up.
Posted Image

So far i have swapped the handle bars over to stock items.As the ones on it were to high for my liking. I have a back problem so i can't go to low with them. I cleaned the carby's out and it now idles rather than the idle going up and down and eventually cutting out.

It needs a paint job which i will get around to soon, Just going to stick with the original scheme and i am on the hunt for a round nose headlight fairing, as Originally it came with one from the factory.

I enjoy riding it and have learnt alot about riding in the 2 months i have had my licence.

It needs afew things like a new speedo as the odometer doesn't work, I really want Wire wheels but i'm happy with the alloys for now. Its a Great bike to ride and its easy on the back which was a big concern when i got my licence but its held up.

I am about to start giving it a really good going over so when i do that i'll throw some pics up and if you have any spares for it let me know!

Cheers

Josh

#2 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

lol
my mum aways said "if you can't say anything nice....."
i'm sure others on here will say it for me
good luck with it woods

#3 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:11 AM

I had people telling me to get a different bike, i grew up on the back of a Suzuki Katana, the motors are proven and have a good following.

#4 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

Hey ive got your bikes twin....
Posted Image

It needs carby diaphrams, ive had it started but it runs bad , like its got low compresion, and it wont stay running,(carby daiphrams)it doesnt have a key either,
I didnt want to sell bits off it , so if you want to organise freight, you can have it for $200 let me know
Baz

#5 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

Envy woodsy. Would love something like this.

#6 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

Its no race bike Terry but i love riding it Starts first time all the time no matter how cold it is. Bloody fantastic on fuel, i cant remember when i filled it up last. Going to give it a good going over and a lick of paint, people have been telling me dont waste my money doing anything to it just to ride it and sell it when i can upgrade to a larger bike, but i still have 12+ months left with it so i'm going to have some fun before i get a 1100 Katana ;)

#7 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

ohhhh death wish
can i dibbs your hx/z?
Posted Image

#8 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

lol...

#9 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

Hey Josh, Have you got it in good shape yet?
I'm still looking at one of these, can you advise on what problems to look out for in these bikes?
How much is rego for one of these?

#10 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:08 PM

I used to have one back back in the day, slow as piss running up hill but very comfy.

Cheers.

#11 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

Its running well, The paint still needs work though, As Bomber says up Hill its no Race bike, But on the flat around here its enough to get me in trouble. Its comfy to ride i never have a sore back from riding it. Runs on the smell of an oily rag, Once every 3 weeks i have to put fuel in it. Parts are easy to get, Although Carby Kits for them have to come from the UK. Bugger buying them from Suzuki, The carbs were Made for Suzuki so instead of Suzuki selling you a carb kit they sell you everything individually for them which is bloody expensive. I fixed mine with a good clean out.

Rego is $583, up from $300 odd because the state Government decided to put 250cc bikes in the same class as 600cc bikes.

Edited by Woodsy, 01 October 2010 - 08:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users