- - - - -

BY BY TORANA!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:02 PM

Sadly my torana was written off tonight.. I ran a red and got cleaned up.. Hit on the right hand side.. Luckily no one was injured.. I dont even remember seeing the red light, just remember lights coming at me from the side fast and then BANG..

His car is absolutely rooted (damn commodores), but the torana funnily enough still drives, however is rather #@$^%& on the side.. I'll get some pics for you later..

RIP Tory :(

Still cant believe it happened...

#2 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:31 PM

well i guess that i'll be wrecking it soon so if anyone wants any parts let me know.. just about everything is salvagable except for the two RHS doors.. specs can be found at these sites:

http://www.hotholden...hp?showforum=38
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/729203/1

#3 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,000 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:59 PM

Bad luck mate! I remember when I first got my licence about 28yrs ago driving straight through a stop sign (didn't see it) and after thinking how lucky I was. Scary stuff and a big wake up call.

#4 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

Heres some pics.. the tyre rubbed on the guard when i drove home and then it popped in the garage... it was screwed anyway

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 _Neat LX_

_Neat LX_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:27 PM

A lil bit of armour all and some polish and you'll be right mate!
J/K

A VERY lucky escape my friend. I know of a few people that have done the same and not lived the next day....

Bad luck on the car mate, and hopefully we'll see a new project on the way...

Matt

#6 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:44 PM

on to betting and bigger things man you'll get over it hopefully you can still get this 253 :)

#7 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:47 PM

Yeh i know I was VERY lucky!

Ill get the buff out tomorrow and see how she goes..

#8 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:00 AM

Glad you're ok Azza. I got t-boned in my LC once and it spun the car 90degrees - same sort of damage... Hope you can salvage a lot from the car to build an even better one.

#9 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:01 AM

on to betting and bigger things man you'll get over it hopefully you can still get this 253 :)

Yeh hopefully i can stll get it one day.. But the thing is that I needed to sell mine to afford it.. Hopefully i can get a few bucks from wrecking mine, and tehn after i pay this insurance excess fee ill see how much i got then!

#10 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:02 AM

yeh i got spun 180 degrees.. i was facing the way i came from.. I reckon there was no way he was doing 60 he would of been going way faster i think.. coz he hit damn hard..

#11 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:57 AM

It really sucks how you can spend so much time and effort on something to have it all Fk'd up with one stupid little mistake.. :( I put so much blood, sweat and tears into that little tory.. mm Oh well guess ill just have to save up and build a bigger and better one..

#12 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,000 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:16 AM

Couple of doors, new quarter, new sill, bit of a jerk on the "B" and dog leg. She'll be right! :spoton: Is the roof up? And the floor pan in?

#13 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:23 AM

roof is allright i think coz it hit down the bottom.. the floor is probably screwed but i havnt really looked.. but the chassis is pretty badly twisted coz the boot doesn't open without rubbing on the car..

#14 _1QUICK LJ_

_1QUICK LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:32 AM

im a panel beater by trade, that is quite fixable once the car is pulled out youll find the bootlid will line back up its just wether its worth the cost to fix it plenty of panel shops would be capable of fixing that mate.

#15 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:36 AM

yeh it could probably be fixed but its not worth my time or money.. as I could probably buy another tory for the same price as fixing this one.. and I had plans on selling this torana this week too :(

do you reckon you could give me a very very rough idea on how much it would be to fix it? Just for interests sake..

#16 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:38 AM

i think it would be pointless chassis would be bent so imo is farked you dont want a car with chassis damage....

#17 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:35 PM

That's was a bit of a bummer.
Your lucky it's only the car thats damaged.
I know all too well the feeling of all that work and money just being flushed and feeling grateful at the same time to be walking around in the land of the living still.
All things happen for a reason, it's part of the greater plan called life.
Your Torana may be f*@ked but that doesn't mean you need to be a stranger on hear as well. Keep droppin in from time to time.

#18 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:47 PM

Trust me just because I am toranaless, doesnt mean I wont eb coming on the board.. :) Hopefully in the next few months i'll be onto torana #2 anyway!

#19 _nads_

_nads_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

mate just read about your accident and saw the pics not good, i had a mate drive my torana and he fell asleep at the wheel and took out a sign smashed in the front end i was lucky the chassis wasn't to bad and we got it straight by chaining the front end down to a hook in the concrete and put her into reverse and foot on the gas it worked. hope you can get yours fixed it would be ashame not to

#20 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:59 PM

:cry: SHIT! Not good, glad u r ok tho. We learn by our mistakes, unfortunately I have been a slow learner!!!!!!

#21 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:48 AM

How was the commodore? Were the people OK in that car. I would imagine they would have got a shock as well, especially if they had a green light.

#22 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:57 AM

did you get any pics of the commodore

#23 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:09 PM

Running a red light.... very lucky for you the other vehicle occupants werent badly hurt or killed.

#24 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:15 PM

nah i didnt get any pics of the cammodore.. everyone was fine. no one had any cuts, bruises or anything! very very lucky..

the commodore is pretty squashed..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users