Whats a good strong manual gearbox for my lx?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _L_X_Hatch_

_L_X_Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:58 AM

I am going to put a fuel injected 5 litre in my lx and was going to put the t5 behind it. now alot of people have been telling me that they are pretty much only good for stock power, any more and they dont really handle it. and the supra and t5 are ment to be pretty much the same strength. so i was wondering what is a good strong gearbox to go behind a 5 litre as i plan on doing a bit of work to it. i dont want auto and it cant be less than 5 speed. have i got no other options? is there any chance of getting a t56 in there?

any info would be great
steve

#2 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:37 AM

A T56 would be ideal (though reasonably expensive) and would require some surgery on the trans tunnel.

#3 _L_X_Hatch_

_L_X_Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:25 PM

does it need much surgery to get the t56 in? how much would i be looking at paying to get the gearbox in?

#4 _JBM_

_JBM_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:51 AM

Have a look at Litre8s homepage and you will get an idea of how strong various boxes are and how long it took to destroy them.

James

#5 _bango_

_bango_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:19 PM

From what i understand,the t56 is quite a big and long box rated at 450 lb ft,same as the Supra 154 box,imgoing through the same dilema..lol seems the R154 fit in without too much trans mod..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users