performanceonline.com.au

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _el jay_

_el jay_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

My sump has arrived in NZ on the 3rd of the 10th. I am releaved,
so the time from payment was the 11th of the 9th which isn't that bad, but it was meant to
be there a week after the 11th, looks like most of the problems was with the postal service, tracking number first time
was invalid and tracking number the second time was for somebody elses package but thankfully i found out where it came from
a place call ET performance, where a nice lady told me she remembered sending my parcel along with the one i had the tracking number for,
she gave me the tracking number of the other parcel she sent with mine but it said it never left the post shop, then magicaly It turned up at
my door step, Any how all the incorrect info with tracking numbers and the need for me to chase emails and info the guys made me concerned
so I started digging on the internet for more info about a company I knew nothing about, And what I found wasn't In there favour, So
lesson learned here is If you live by the internet you die by the internet, so if you are a internet based company make sure when someone
starts investgating you on the internet with some suspicion make sure that what shows up is in your favour, like googling your address comes up with your
company, when google earthing its shows a place that resembles the photo you have of your building on your web site, Have an answer phone that has your companies details on it
Do not have a ladie answering your phone's with a different company name to the one your trading under "hi telephone's online". make sure on the credit card
details it says Perfomanceonline.com.au like is mentioned in you your web page not some other company name that is linked to other company's.
and when you do a basic company name search on the internet it shows your name is registered. If anybody thinks I was out of line for being a little concerned
about where money went I would like to hear your reason.
Apart from that cheers POL for the pan it looks mint, now the torana is of to the mechanics to get fire up, just in time before the baby arrives.
Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions,,
El jay

#2 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

Even better lesson is investigate BEFORE you hand over ur details and money ! Most things u mention seem reasonable for a lot of business's operating in oz, well certainly nothing overly suspicious. Always confirm a companies abn number, obviously their registered name may be different to their trading name, and then do a quick sic search and make sure it's not in liquidation or being wound up... Check before the cheque as they say.

#3 _el jay_

_el jay_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

thanks. I didn't know that before for this thread, probably why I stared It, cheers,

#4 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:50 PM

All good mate, not having a go, just seems like poor service to me.... Don't think your money was ever going to be lost, just lucky you weren't in a big hurry for the part ! And it was supposed to be asic not sic....

Edited by Skapinad, 06 October 2010 - 05:52 PM.

#5 _el jay_

_el jay_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

It's ok man, no problemo. Well porblem is i am in a hurry, i got a baby coming in early jan and I got to get the car finished and certed
Good thing is it's got me motivated to get it finished( unfortunatley a little rushed and not quite show car standard) but finished before I'm 80,

#6 _POL_

_POL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:58 PM

My sump has arrived in NZ on the 3rd of the 10th. I am releaved,
so the time from payment was the 11th of the 9th which isn't that bad, but it was meant to
be there a week after the 11th, looks like most of the problems was with the postal service, tracking number first time
was invalid and tracking number the second time was for somebody elses package but thankfully i found out where it came from
a place call ET performance, where a nice lady told me she remembered sending my parcel along with the one i had the tracking number for,
she gave me the tracking number of the other parcel she sent with mine but it said it never left the post shop, then magicaly It turned up at
my door step, Any how all the incorrect info with tracking numbers and the need for me to chase emails and info the guys made me concerned
so I started digging on the internet for more info about a company I knew nothing about, And what I found wasn't In there favour, So
lesson learned here is If you live by the internet you die by the internet, so if you are a internet based company make sure when someone
starts investgating you on the internet with some suspicion make sure that what shows up is in your favour, like googling your address comes up with your
company, when google earthing its shows a place that resembles the photo you have of your building on your web site, Have an answer phone that has your companies details on it
Do not have a ladie answering your phone's with a different company name to the one your trading under "hi telephone's online". make sure on the credit card
details it says Perfomanceonline.com.au like is mentioned in you your web page not some other company name that is linked to other company's.
and when you do a basic company name search on the internet it shows your name is registered. If anybody thinks I was out of line for being a little concerned
about where money went I would like to hear your reason.
Apart from that cheers POL for the pan it looks mint, now the torana is of to the mechanics to get fire up, just in time before the baby arrives.
Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions,,
El jay

Unfortunately the internet when searching for company details will not give you all the info you need it is always better to ring the company and ask for all there details, as we belong to a group of companies not everything you need to know will be on the internet.

On your invoice you would have received when you purchased the sump there would have been an ABN plus address of our shipping warehouse, telephone numbers, fax, email addresses etc.
In our terms and conditions you would have noticed please allow up to 28 days for shipping usually it is much quicker than this. Also as you are international your credit card details need to be thoroughly checked as we have been caught out before.
As we no longer have a shop front as we wanted to expand all over Aus and the most viable and economical way to do this was over the internet this is the way we went. If you noticed two weeks ago our office address was up on the web but as we had people constantly coming to the office to buy parts and were being turned away we took it off and put our Po Box up there.
Remember we are relatively new at being Auswide and international so we are going to have some teething problems and we are not going to be able to please everyone all the time but we are 90% there with another 10% to improve on.
We also receive 100's of emails each day and many phone call enquiries and it is hard to get back to everyone really quickly but eventually we do.
In your case the first sump sent got stuck in Sydney at customs and since has been returned to us today. Also with tracking numbers they are only good if the courier remembers to scan them in if they forget you cant track them this happens all the time with International express post and registered post from Aus.

P.S: Good luck on the new baby on the way

#7 _el jay_

_el jay_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:58 PM

cheers guys talk to you soon.
Sorry for given ya such a hard time.

Edited by el jay, 07 October 2010 - 03:03 PM.

#8 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

Good stuff.

I'd just like to say, it is good to see a business going out of their way to publically help a customer and use it as a chance to learn and make their business better. �I have told you that it is one of the things we like about Rare Spares, so keep up the good work and I'm sure our members will be happy to support you.

Grant..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users