Original LX Interior & Wipers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _hux454_

_hux454_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:25 PM

G'day All,
Just a couple of questions. Firstly I have only one speed with my wipers & that's the slower speed. When I put the switch to speed 2 it stays at speed one. Was wondering what the problem was? Second question is my LX SLR 5000's interior code is 1916 - 18X. What does the 1916 mean? I know that the 18X part stands for Slate Black with Ranier but what exactly does this interior look like. Does anyone out there who has this trim code on their LX be able to help out.
The reason I ask is that I have LH seats in my car (the door trims are original) which are black with black cloth inserts. Is this interior original in an LH & if so what type is it?
I am trying to -
a. find out a bit about my original interior & try to source the trim if it's still availabe so I can bring it back to its originality & what type is in currently &
b. if I ever find out & put it back to original will off load the seats that's in it.
All help would be great.
P.S. I have included a photo of the interior (LH) that's in it now.

Posted Image

#2 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:21 PM

Heres a link to a car with a similar interior
http://cgi.ebay.com....1QQcmdZViewItem

1916 is the coressponding trim code to identify a Papaya car.
Have some better pics at home.

#3 _hux454_

_hux454_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:55 PM

Thanks Toranavista, been lookin for ages. Geez that trim type looks pretty ordinary - but if i want my car to be original i guess i've got no choice. My problem will be finding it. Seriously dont like my chances. So if anyone can help me out that would be great. Like they say it's not what you know but who.

#4 _Joanne_

_Joanne_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

G'day All,
Just a couple of questions. Firstly I have only one speed with my wipers & that's the slower speed. When I put the switch to speed 2 it stays at speed one. Was wondering what the problem was?

Hey hux454,

I have exactly same problem with the wipers in my LX! Id like to know what the problem is aswell.. Hopefully someone can help us! :D

#5 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:05 PM

mine used to have a similar problem, except when I put it on to the faster speed they would just stop, used a different switch and they work perfect now!

#6 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:14 PM

Hi Hux454,
There is no way of knowing for sure which insert you had. Either Ranier (Herringbone) or Hounds tooth would be acceptable. I prefer the look of Ranier but the original trims wore poorly. The Hounds tooth was harder wearing. Perhaps the new Ranier is made of different composition of threads.
Ranier looks like this.

Posted Image

It doesn�t photograph well.
You can get it in Melbourne through Eastern Upholstery or Supertrim.
Hounds tooth can look dodgy if it isn�t a good reproduction ie too much white. Make sure you look at the sample first.
Looks like this.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users