What you want from Collie Motorplex

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 _NOSLR_

_NOSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

Hi All

I know most of you are Perth based and have a wide range of Motorsport events to choose from, but.....
What sort of events realy get you going as a competitor? Static displays, track events, bit of both or other?

The local car club in Collie run about 12 events each year and are always after feed back from clubs regarding their likes and dislikes.

The members of this forum obviously are not afraid to travel to Collie, so i thought i'd ask the question.

I ask a large number of clubs each year if they would like to hold the own club event in Collie. Some are keen and like to use there toys, others post pics and never let them out the shed, and thats fine each to his/her own.

I'm interested in the ones who get them out the shed.

I've contacted both Torana clubs in Perth at different times. Mostly through their members that come to Collie. Usualy they start off keen and then interest dies out.

So let me know what you think

J

Edited by NOSLR, 10 November 2010 - 06:31 PM.

#2 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

Gmh-Torana would be the best club to contact torana wise by far

Unfortunately mine still doesn't leave the shed Jay, Guppy is backlogged :(

dattoman is the main w.a moderator so maybe we can speak through him?

#3 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

:burnout: :burnout: Drag days :burnout: :burnout:

I went to the Nostalgia drags at Collie last year and had a great time spectating and promised myself i would be running my car this year and ???? no Nostalgia drags :dontknow:

I would also be interested in track days if we could get numbers and a weekend that i am not working.

Garth

#4 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

For the Tory Powercruise type events were you get to show what your car is made of but for the Skyline I would like to do fast laps

#5 _NOSLR_

_NOSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

OK good start, As far as power cruize type events, Gazza nats are unable to do Collie next year but are booked for 2012.
A couple of groups are looking at filling the Gazza void in 2011 I will keep you all posted.

Drags will happen next year, we have a lot of THINGS working against us regarding 1/8th mile drags in Collie, but it will happen.

I think it was Dan talking of all Torana Day.

What are everyones thoughts on that????

It would work easiest with 40 drivers that are not affraid to give them a little bit of pedal.
Closed track (non paying public invite only) Show and shiners welcome.
But the day will be about competition on the track
Per driver approx $100 would give us track all day for laps, cruize, go 2 wo and mini drags (100m)

But it all depends on a good group of organizers / helpers, '

Your thoughts?

J

#6 _NOSLR_

_NOSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

For the Tory Powercruise type events were you get to show what your car is made of but for the Skyline I would like to do fast laps

With Skyline best two options, join L&F Speed event series. Gives you lots of events to choose from all over South West.

Join Collie Motorsports Group they do speed events, tune days and everything inbetween. Collie only.

I think u said u have an CAMS L2S?

J

Edited by NOSLR, 11 November 2010 - 05:49 PM.

#7 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

I'm always keen to help but my torana will definately not be out there, gemini on pad though for sure

Recommend joining CMG to fellas, get out the track alot more then normal that way

Jay, as far as mumbo and i are aware, Antilag has booked in for March 2011 for "Antilagnats"

They would love having some aussie muscle out there aswell, i'm sure they're already psyching Chris up for some more crazy powerskids

#8 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:20 PM

I don't no witch car to take to the antilag day Tory or Skyline ? I think I need a 2 car trailer pity Collie so far away

#9 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

only far away if your in the dirty nor

#10 Lima31

Lima31

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Name:Lee

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:38 AM

Private track day events e.g. 4 hour sessions, unlimited times, 2 laps at a time, plus skid pan. Something like what DTEC offer

#11 _jezza 26_

_jezza 26_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

I would be keen on some warm laps and i am sure that there are plenty out there that would love the chance to give their cars a squirt with out having to worry about other cars and the plods , but not that fast that you will risk damaging the pride and joy . You dont need to have a race car . I am sure we could break up into groups depending on you need for speed .

Would be happy to help out were possible .

Jezza

#12 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:21 PM

i wont say what i know in regards to the motorplex coz i know its not named the collie motorplex anymore

in fear that i will be shot, but not that it matters i no longer work in that place :)

#13 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

you really are a wuss josh
just say it's having a name change to kocksuki motorplex if that's what you know

#14 _NOSLR_

_NOSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

Track day are normaly run using four dummy grid lanes (same as chrome bumperday) from slowest to fastest. this allows drivers to group with those that want to do same speed and style, with 5 on the track at same time , evenly spaced. That way you can give them a gooood skwirt, stay out of each others way, and not bend them up.

I'm guessing a lot of memebers of this forum are members of either GTR-XU1 Torana club or Combined Torana club????

J

#15 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

prices might go up now its called the kostecki plex lol kostastacki plex more likely

he has a weiner on his head ";)

#16 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image

#17 _BLO 355_

_BLO 355_
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

like the sound of more things going on over there,drags ,cruising ,SKIDS that somes up a good day out

#18 _V6 UC_

_V6 UC_
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

Any more on collie drag days? I'm in australind now n would be keen on giving the torry some stik

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users