outback adventure western nsw

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#101 _intoit_

_intoit_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

Manilla,
Lived there as a kid , before moving to Gunnedah, then back to Tamworth , where I was born.
Manilla has a lot of memories for me, even though I havent been there for 10 yrs or so

#102 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

hi shawn,intoit why did you move to sydney,i had to get out of that hole,up here is freedom.

blown308,hey wayne what is your friend doing with the frauds?did you find a ht308 sump?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by 73BATHXU1HTBATH350, 19 March 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#103 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Monaro's

#104 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:49 AM

I go past this place every time I go to Maryborough - always has some cool old early Holdens - I am going to stop in there next time I go up there. I love checking out this sort of old stuff when I stumble accross it.

http://www.barsbyspa...ry wrecking.htm

#105 fenz

fenz

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Name:Aaron
  • Car:LJ 2 door and UC V8 4door

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

Awsome pics.....there is still gold in them thar hills..

#106 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:33 PM

you need to sell me one of them 71bathurst

#107 _intoit_

_intoit_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:20 AM

hi shawn,intoit why did you move to sydney,i had to get out of that hole,up here is freedom.

Hi Craig,
Would really love to still be living up there, but dont think the missus would approve.
She is a city girl and thinks its boring, with nothin to do up there. However, she was only saying
last week how we really need to take the ute for a run up there real soon, must hold her to it , lol.

#108 blown308

blown308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

Hi Craig,
Would really love to still be living up there, but dont think the missus would approve.
She is a city girl and thinks its boring, with nothin to do up there. However, she was only saying
last week how we really need to take the ute for a run up there real soon, must hold her to it , lol.

tell me about my missus is also Sydney born and bred, hates the country, hates Narrabri... so We dont go there much anymore.. If I go I go alone.. makes for a long quite trip these days...

#109 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

hi guy,s,

its a shame your partners don,t like being out here,as its a great place to bring up a family,schools are great as class size is small,and my girls are doing very well in there results.

fenz love the ducati in your avatar,
toranamat69 looks like a good place to wander about,

wouldn,t beleive what went past on weekend, a truck with an fe and fc ute dumped ontop of a jappanese ute,so i chased him as it looked like they were going to be scraped,found him in main street tightening load,he had just come from a sale at gunnadah,there was 50 odd old holdens and heaps of panels,he paid 300 each for the utes,they were rooted,he has a buisness at grafton selling parts,frock he would be lucky to make any money by the time he took all expenses into account.

here,s some picks of a 1 owner ht kingswood ute i found not long back,and then off to a good home,had minimal rust,might be ugly but a very good shell to start a project,had all its books and leaflets in glove box.was retired to farm duties and got some dints on front panels.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#110 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#111 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

There was lots of FJs FC EH utes wagons a few sedans and one lonely LH at that auction. I did not go as i had to work but they look fairly sad.

#112 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

There was lots of FJs FC EH utes wagons a few sedans and one lonely LH at that auction. I did not go as i had to work but they look fairly sad.

hey craig out of curiosity what are you REALLY CHASING after is it monaro,s just a question craig i always got my eyes peeled and on the look out in the south west of sydney cheers craig keep up the great thread

#113 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

hi billy,

mate yes i love early monaro,s and torana,s,but basicly i love all pre 80,s holdens,people go fishing for sport i,d rather look through old holdens and old cars in general,plus riding my ktm400 dirt bike plus my awsome 1098s ducati,and restoring my hk307 monaro.

i enjoy finding cars for others,it gives me a buzz when someone restores an old classic that i,ve found out the back of nowhere.

hey neil carn,t beleive i missed the auction,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#114 fenz

fenz

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hey that monaro shell has sprouted a pair of legs.....
It is looking rather nice but (I do have a rather soft spot for HK holdens)

I think you have a fantastic hoby,most of the old stuff down here is pretty rotten unless it has been stored in a shed etc.
Keep up the good work and keep those old car photos comming.

Oh nice choice of two wheeled toys also.

#115 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

I only found out about the auction on the friday in a gunnedah paper at work. I tryed to call Uncle Jock to see if he was going but could not get him on the phone.
I had a look online and they looked fixable in the photos but no idea on how rotted away they realy were.
Sadly i had to work, sounds like there was a few cheapies there.
Your Monaro looks realy awesome, a credit to you.
Chears Neil

#116 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

hi billy,

mate yes i love early monaro,s and torana,s,but basicly i love all pre 80,s holdens,people go fishing for sport i,d rather look through old holdens and old cars in general,plus riding my ktm400 dirt bike plus my awsome 1098s ducati,and restoring my hk307 monaro.

i enjoy finding cars for others,it gives me a buzz when someone restores an old classic that i,ve found out the back of nowhere.

hey neil carn,t beleive i missed the auction,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

did i see a tread on fastlane for this?

#117 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

i hope not as the pics would be pinched from this site,this is home for me and a ducati forum,don,t even look in the others.

i have a few pics in my 8th month 73 xu1 detroit locker thread in the lj section.

#118 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

Should do a Build thread Craig. :spoton:

#119 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

yeah
i second that montion

#120 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

i,d love to do a build thread but keeping these threads going is enough for me,

anyway was rooting around doing my hk this morning,then i heard a loud thumping V8 pull up,i strolled out to find a guy saying do you want this,the missus is making me clean up the shed,answer was yes,i,ve given him things before ,so the good old what comes around goes around deal,i,m sure this will be handy,looks to be a factory steel crank,stud kit,polished rods,no lip on bore,flat tops,2 pairs of heads,manifold,good rocker covers,cool thanks for coming.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#121 fenz

fenz

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:07 PM

Nice pick up...... what cubes????

#122 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

Aaron,i think its a 283 by a quick look,it has small rod bolts and the bore is under 4 inch,power pac heads,it has been stored with the other engines,maybe someone may need one some day,if not i,ll pinch some of the arp bolts.

had a visit today, a forum member in need of some hg holden bits,his project is coming along nicely.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by 73BATHXU1HTBATH350, 03 April 2011 - 03:03 PM.

#123 _TorYoda_

_TorYoda_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

i hope not as the pics would be pinched from this site,this is home for me and a ducati forum,don,t even look in the others.

i have a few pics in my 8th month 73 xu1 detroit locker thread in the lj section.

A lot of your pics posted here showed up on the boost cruising website a couple of weeks ago in a thread titled 'rusting in peace' (or something similar) mate.... I recognised a lot of them immediately as being from here.....

check it out here.... http://www.boostcrui...howtopic=707263

Edited by TorYoda, 03 April 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#124 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

hi craig hows it hanging mate,

thats all good,see that paddock with about 100 plus old cars,and some of the others people have added,and that rusty posche in the water .

#125 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

my daughter spotted these going past today,and got me some pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users