STOLEN ID TAGS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 _LH8VD69_

_LH8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

Hi,
I have had stolen all 3 of the car id tags from my SS hatchback from Kathrine N.T. I have reported this information to every official that will listen including the police. I'm not sure i should display all the numbers from the 3 plates on here for obvious reasons but at this stage i will provide the skinny tag. If any of you guys or gals can keep an eye out on your travels to car shows, ebay , carsales or just mates places for my plates i would be forever in your debt.

SKINNY PLATE : 8D77RFJ534762X

Regards,
ken.

#2 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

When ?

And yes we would need all the numbers
How else would we know if we don't know what to look for ?

#3 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

That sux, but worthless to the dick who took em! Would be worth putting all the numbers up and photosnof them which I would assume u have ? Worst case I am sure u could have them remade with the right proof...

#4 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,597 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:01 PM

And this is exactly why the tags have come off my good cars when they get sent away for a while to an uncontrolled venue like the painters. Sure they might be wothhless to the thief but its a royal pain in the ass to me if they go missing not to mention the devaluing of a car like a L31 SS hatch.

#5 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

Not worthless at sell them in NZ to some poor sucker thats why I always tell those who have stuff stolen to report it not only locally and interstate but NZ as well

#6 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

hmm anyone remember those tags on general discussion? the guy wanted to know how much they were worth?

#7 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

i assembled a hk gts monaro for a fella,

and while the car was in other peoples hands getting painted,the tags went missing.

and like always they all plead not guilty,didn,t see them,yea right,and some box head has them on their bar or some silly place, to feel cool.

#8 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

yeah or tell people later that he wrote one off that he used to own but still has the tags,and then their are some that collect tags.when one of my cars was stolen some years back,an old shitbox bluebird it had 1 number plate removed.a few years later in the wonderfull suburb of claymore full of hard working law abiding citizens with 4 fathers each the scumbag that stole my car was searched for some other reason and they found in his house a wall full of trophies ,number plates, tags ,wanker sadly it happens just hope it works out for you.

Edited by rob350hatch, 25 November 2010 - 07:42 PM.

#9 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:18 PM

i assembled a hk gts monaro for a fella,

and while the car was in other peoples hands getting painted,the tags went missing.

and like always they all plead not guilty,didn,t see them,yea right,and some box head has them on their bar or some silly place, to feel cool.

At best that's vandalism, more like theft. Time to file a report with the police and make an insurance claim (the insurance company will make sure the matter doesn't rest). Makes you sick.

#10 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:42 AM

hmm anyone remember those tags on general discussion? the guy wanted to know how much they were worth?

steven reed?
nah he wouldn'd do anything dodgey like that Posted Image
so what colour was this ss?

#11 _LH8VD69_

_LH8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Put all the numbers up? Not likely mate , I think if someone is going to sell ID plates or a car with them they will all be together and to put them up for all to see (no offence to anyone) is not going to help anyone except the wrong people. So the skinny plate numbers i have shown will raise it's weary head and when it does they better watch out i'm telling u. I'm so f$%king angry at the low life pieces of trailer trash who do this crap!
The same day i bought my 4 door SLR i removed the tags , purchased some original holden 70's era rivets for (someday) and the tags remain somewhere safe offsite. What is this world coming to???

ALL TAGS STOLEN / SS HATCHBACK -------SKINNY : 8D77RFJ534762X

#12 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

The skinny tag is the one less likely to appear

When were they taken ?
If we're talking 15 yrs ago I don't like your chances

#13 _Eedman_

_Eedman_
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

maybe just the last 5-7 digits might help? that way your not giving away too much.

#14 _LH8VD69_

_LH8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:17 AM

The skinny tag is the one less likely to appear

When were they taken ?
If we're talking 15 yrs ago I don't like your chances

They were taken early this year from Kathrine NT. Someone has stolen them , so in effect what they are liable to do is either sell them. Who would buy just the other two without the skinny as it has important info on it so they would sell the set. If they were going to try n put em on their car having stolen all 3 tags they wont just put the 2 on. Why would they? I guess it doesnt matter really as if they slipped throught the system the first time and got rego with them on if and when they sell their car someone will get in a tangle. Heres another
BLX015616M

#15 _LH8VD69_

_LH8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:20 AM

funny you say that i have had 2 cars through here without the middle tag but still rego'd legit????

I can't speak for other states but here in W.A you dont need any plates. Just a pit inspection as per norm and the vehicle is issued with a special plate from the transport dept.

Cheers,

#16 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:54 AM

funny you say that i have had 2 cars through here without the middle tag but still rego'd legit????

I can't speak for other states but here in W.A you dont need any plates. Just a pit inspection as per norm and the vehicle is issued with a special plate from the transport dept.

Cheers,

both of the cars in question came from qld minus middle tag when i asked where it was got the politicians answer.and "a lot has happened in 30 years"
and on one of the big tags it looked like it had been in someones pocket as it had been folded in half at some stage.maybe climbing a fence who would know
either way its just a c of an act.i know you can get new tags from ford performance parts in vic and we have to get one for dads xy as the dickhead brain dead sandblaster sanded the tag wtf???
and then denied it????? of course everyones got a sandblasted tag thats how they left the factory,how foolish of me.maybe if you ring them they may be able to help you get in touch with the mob that makes them for them and see if they are going to start doing the holden tags.i know they wouldnt be original but i dont see it being any worse than having no tags at all.
by the way is that your car in your pic? nice

Edited by rob350hatch, 27 November 2010 - 06:56 AM.

#17 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

I have 2 utes here
Both have all 3 tags on them
However... ones skinny tag is actually a panel van one
So someones changed the 2 obvious tags... not the little one .... hence my asking

Also have a 202 SLR here with the tags on the wrong sides of the engine bay and no skinny tag

The skinny goes overlooked sometimes... cause everyone concentrates on the L31 M21 GU7 bit.... and gets all excited about it without checking things properly
Blood rush.... happens at auctions all the time
And with people buying their "dream car"... thinking they have to buy fast before someone else gets in

#18 _LH8VD69_

_LH8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:20 AM

Cheers,

both of the cars in question came from qld minus middle tag when i asked where it was got the politicians answer.and "a lot has happened in 30 years"
and on one of the big tags it looked like it had been in someones pocket as it had been folded in half at some stage.maybe climbing a fence who would know
either way its just a c of an act.i know you can get new tags from ford performance parts in vic and we have to get one for dads xy as the dickhead brain dead sandblaster sanded the tag wtf???
and then denied it????? of course everyones got a sandblasted tag thats how they left the factory,how foolish of me.maybe if you ring them they may be able to help you get in touch with the mob that makes them for them and see if they are going to start doing the holden tags.i know they wouldnt be original but i dont see it being any worse than having no tags at all.
by the way is that your car in your pic? nice

Yeah i know there are people remaking tags. It's a touchy subject the whole remaking thing but i guess it's better than nothing. There is a mob in QLD that remakes em as well. I just really hope these people remaking them are making the public prove beyond doubt that the car in question is supposed to have the particular tags. Whats the number for the ford joint making the ford id plates perhaps ill give em a call in another 6 months or so if mine don't rear their head.
Yeah the car in the pic is mine and like i said earlier i have taken the plates off that one. It's just not worth the risk as far as im concerned , especially after the hatch plates being stolen.

STOLEN!!!

SKINNY : 8D77RFJ534762X
LX Hatch ID plates

Cheers,
Ken

#19 caterham2

caterham2

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Location:Mansfield North East Victoria not the other one in QLD
  • Car:Ford Focus RS AWD Gone over to the dark side .. Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Ford Cortina 2 door MK1 Twin Cam

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

And this is exactly why the tags have come off my good cars when they get sent away for a while to an uncontrolled venue like the painters. Sure they might be wothhless to the thief but its a royal pain in the ass to me if they go missing not to mention the devaluing of a car like a L31 SS hatch.

Rexy, exactly my point also when I recently asked where to get ID tag rivets, and for my trouble had from some on this forum snide suggestions that I was up to no good with my cars ID. The repair trade unfortunately still seems to have no care no responsibilty when in comes to security of a clients vehicle. I agree with you entirely, keep them safe till the car comes back.!

#20 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

You are perfectly safe posting the details from ALL tags.

You have the car they came off, you have informed all the authorities and the only way we can really help you is let EVERYONE know what all the numbers are - this makes them 100% useless for a retag and if someone came across them above someone's bar, they can snot the dickhead and bring them back.

Grant..

#21 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

You are perfectly safe posting the details from ALL tags.

You have the car they came off, you have informed all the authorities and the only way we can really help you is let EVERYONE know what all the numbers are - this makes them 100% useless for a retag and if someone came across them above someone's bar, they can snot the dickhead and bring them back.

Grant..

spot on grant post up all the numbers every and anywhere you can as grant said they will then be useless to the asshole that stole them the more people and forums that know the better at least that way the prick that stole them can never use them i know its not much consolation i just hope you had the car insured???

#22 pmsa9x

pmsa9x

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • Name:john
  • Car:a9x sedan
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:28 AM

Put all the numbers up? Not likely mate , I think if someone is going to sell ID plates or a car with them they will all be together and to put them up for all to see (no offence to anyone) is not going to help anyone except the wrong people. So the skinny plate numbers i have shown will raise it's weary head and when it does they better watch out i'm telling u. I'm so f$%king angry at the low life pieces of trailer trash who do this crap!
The same day i bought my 4 door SLR i removed the tags , purchased some original holden 70's era rivets for (someday) and the tags remain somewhere safe offsite. What is this world coming to???

the skinny tag is the only one that counts the big one's are just paint trim . you can use the big tags on any car . had a lc with xu1 tags spoke to holden and they said need the vin to find car they came off cop s and rta in nsw said same . i hope they do try sell as a set that way you will get them back after court . out come off goal

#23 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:55 AM

The Paint/Trim tag matches the VIN tag and the ADR tag has the chassis number that's stamped on the body on it.

The Paint and VIN tags can be used as a pair, but the ADR tag only matches one car.

Edited by slr_v8, 24 June 2011 - 02:56 AM.

#24 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

the skinny tag is the only one that counts the big one's are just paint trim . you can use the big tags on any car . had a lc with xu1 tags spoke to holden and they said need the vin to find car they came off cop s and rta in nsw said same . i hope they do try sell as a set that way you will get them back after court . out come off goal

Some D-head put up for sale last year an L34 on ebay for sale.Probably did not realise that the vin no is on the paint tag that he posted the picture of .L34 on the plate he was home and hosed.. I checked out vin no and it was the first L34 built in end may 74 along with 2 for the HDT. As time went on this this particular L34 went on to win bathurst in 76 and now has pride of place in bathurst museum minus its L34 plate which some arsehole stole years ago. Brett F of federal police fame was notified by me of its wereabouts. I have a lot of info on L34,s and have been criticised on this forum for not making it public knowledge but its going nowhere but available details are given to those who need to know when verifing a car or buying one.I dont keep owners details on my records for safety reasons but i do it to protect the investment of mine and others cars.
Chrome yella and his son Jake are hiding in the back of this car

Attached Files

Edited by outer control, 26 June 2011 - 08:55 AM.

#25 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

And the outcome?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users