• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 _NOSLR_

_NOSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hi All

Collie (kostecki) motorplex are holding an arrive and drive on Dec 12th

If you want instructors to teach you how to drive your car at speed on a race track this is the event for you.

The day simulates race days and is a great first step for those wanting to get started in motorsport - or those wanting to push their toy a bit harder for a bit longer, safely of the street - and for those that just want the race track experiance.

More details, regs and entry form on www.motoringsouthwest.org.au or shot your question my way.

J

#2 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

I was just there last week for the week with a rental car.

Bugger, could have been fun too.

#3 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

How come there is like no information about the event on the website? not easily visible anyway just the date and a entry form?

So what actually happens then? what time do you have to be there? is there a little theory course before hand then a instructor jumps in the car with ya? if so how long does each person get with the instructor 1 on 1 etc

If I somehow missed all this info on the website then my bad.

#4 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:00 PM

For $30 if you get 10 laps your in front.

#5 _NOSLR_

_NOSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

Nah Clint, their/our bad, rules-regs not on the website. They will be tomorrow sometime.
Once you have all the info off the site and have entered, the day it self will go something like this, depending on numbers;

Arrive 8.30ish and sign in
Car will be scrutinized
Drivers briefing- Q and A 10.00ish
on track by 10.30
Instructors will be with you each time you go out. You should have a different instructor each time so that you get a different leason each time. This way you can learn different ways of doing things, as no two drivers are the same and you can choose the best way that suits you and your car.
The whole idea is you ask as many questions as you can about bracking distances, corner entry speed, race lines, tyre pressures and everthing inbetween.
As I said before some will go out and just push their toy a bit harder than usual, give it a good but safe workout and learn a bit on the way - others want max track time and want to learn everything as fast as they can. We will group drivers into the group that siuts them.
Last time we had a huge range of car from late model to old skool toys. The ages of drivers was 17 to 45ish. Most got 20+ laps.
Lunch provided, sang sizzle i think.
Same format in the arvo
Long pants, long sleeve shirt, all cotton or wool, Good Helmet.
All instructors have 100's of laps experiance on the Collie track, some have raced at Bathurst, Phillip Island and other......Will be a good day.

THE ABOVE IS ROUGHLY THE PLAN.......READ REGS ON WEBSITE.......WHEN THEY ARE LOADED

Edited by NOSLR, 02 December 2010 - 06:12 PM.

#6 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

Cheers NOSLR thats exactly what I was chasing, Hopefully im free that day :)

#7 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

Sounds like a great day apart from the fact that i will be working :furious:

maybe next time

#8 _NOSLR_

_NOSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:54 AM

OK info sheet on www.motoringsouthwest.org.au get yr entry forms in if yr keen.........see you's there.

J

#9 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

G'day Jay

Was just seeing if i could take my burnout car out there on Sunday (on the pad)

Met you quite a few times, i've got the black gemini with the v6 and the chamois lx with the chamois interior and my dad has the blue 66 phoenix

Anyway I work with Steve Pitts and just spoke to him and he was going to give you a call or message also about bringing the gemini out

Member of CMG (havent payed this year though) but dont mind paying on the day and also extra for insurance on the day

Car has been scrutineered out there a couple times now aswell so no problems there

#10 _NOSLR_

_NOSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

Sorry danwa didnt know about that, could have done that for u, you've got my number we'll try for another weekend, renew yr membership in meantime.

Cheers J

#11 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:24 PM

i didnt bother calling you because pittsy told me you said no??? due to numbers reaching 40 even before the day

sat home all day doing bugger all, but atleast i finalised the deal on a hatch!

#12 _NOSLR_

_NOSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

Like i said you got my number

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users