#1 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:31 PM

I have the Trimatic Transmission removed from my Lc torana and removed the Kickdown cable when removing the transmission from the car and when i reinstalled the cable i pushed it to far into the slot it came out of and the groove which the bracket sits in to hold the cable in place has now gone in to far and when i try to pull the cable back it seems to be stuck...how do i rectify this problem? will the oil pan have to be removed from the transmission? does it matter which gear the car is in?
cheers red6

#2 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:49 AM

Any ideas guys? can i get to the cable if i take off the transmission oil pan? i really need to resolve this issue as it would be silly to install the transmission without first fixing this as it will only get harder with the trans installed and this is all thats holding me back from starting up my 186. thanks in advance

#3 _Jewboy_

_Jewboy_
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:51 PM

I haven't seen a trimatic with a kick down cable. The BW35/40's on fords have them and yes you have to take the pan off to get to the cable end, easy job though.

#4 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:45 AM

Got it all sorted out now just a case of me being to lazy to think about it and try to sus it out took the pan off and gave the cable a bit of pressure enough to get the bracket into its grove and then used the bracket itself as a leaver from there. put a new filter kit through it while i was there. hopefully going to try starting my new 186 today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users