Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

Still raining then?

The whitewalls on the trailer are a nice touch.

Even though its not exactly what you wanted I reckon you'll still have plenty of fun in that thing.

#28 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:34 PM

Cheers mate, stopped raining but the rivers still going up.

Yeah the white walls rock, problem is i migh thave to let go of them!!!

Was cleaning the rims up to repaint them and found a massive crack in one of them :cry:

Cheers.

#29 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

That sux but better that you found it now than on the way to the river.

#30 caterham2

caterham2

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Location:Mansfield North East Victoria not the other one in QLD
  • Car:Ford Focus RS AWD Gone over to the dark side .. Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Ford Cortina 2 door MK1 Twin Cam

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

ZT22402.

doubt its anythign special, HZish i guess....Motor was a factory fitment to the boat and the boat is a 79 model...one would assume they got the motor brand new from holden.

Cheers.

My Dad had one of these back in the days, purchased it new with the 308 motor in it like yours. From the very first time it went in the water it performed poorly, would not rev out, 2nd stage of carby would not open or stay open for long. We took it to Bill Patterson Holden in Ringwood as GM told us they supplied new motors from there to Flightcraft to fit into the hulls and any warranty matters were dealt with there in respect of motors. They could not sort it out, but gave us details of a guy in Blackburn who backyarded as Hackett Marine if I remember correctly, and in due course boat returned with HUGE increase in performance and about a 60mph top speed. I wonder if we also may have had an issue with air supply as well and not sussed it out? Great jigger to drive back then. ENJOY

#31 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

Very interesting story caterham2, cheers.

Perhaps confirms my suspicions.

Dont have any picks of your dads boat you would like to scan in do you?? Im interested to see what they looked like new.

Cheers.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 22 December 2010 - 05:44 PM.

#32 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

Looking good Dude...can be in my pits anytime.. :spoton:
R

#33 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

When the stupid Fitzroy River stops flooding or Awonga dam stops overflowing and i can actually take it out feel free to come give it a splat MR R.

Not sure how it will go at the next rocky street sprints??? If this rain keeps up i might be in with a chance though.

Wonder how fast the commy can tow it around a sprint track on the trailer.....Can have someone in it revving the motor for sound affects.

Cheers.

#34 caterham2

caterham2

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Location:Mansfield North East Victoria not the other one in QLD
  • Car:Ford Focus RS AWD Gone over to the dark side .. Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Ford Cortina 2 door MK1 Twin Cam

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

Very interesting story caterham2, cheers.

Perhaps confirms my suspicions.

Dont have any picks of your dads boat you would like to scan in do you?? Im interested to see what they looked like new.

Cheers.

Sorry Bomber, no pics for you but ours was a deep mahogany colour and it certainly looked good on the water

#35 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

Looks great Bomber.
And I see on the news how Queensland has a huge inland sea now so you should have more places to use it.

#36 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

LOL, yeah problem is its a frOcking huge fine if you get caught playing in any of those areas. Plenty of streets atm with enough water to run it in, but by the time you add all the fines up its something like a grand....

Im quiet confident i could outrun the cops....Problem is i have to put it back on the trailer at some stage hahahaha.

I really should update this thread, have done a bit to it, its basically ready to go back on the water, just waiting for the water to become more agreeable....

Cheers.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 09 January 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#37 GML-31

GML-31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

if the rain keeps up mate you will be able to make it all the way down the highway to brisbane in it

#38 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

isn't there a boat ramp at yepoon?
grab some rods and go shark fishing lol

#39 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

Haha, 6" ripples in the water nearly gets the thing airborn....I would hate to try ocean.

Cheers.

#40 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

that's half the fun lol
full steam ahead and dam the torphodes

#41 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

Muhuhuhauahahahahahahehehehehehe

Cheers.

#42 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

Thats awesome Bomber. And you're doing some nice work on it. Good stuff.

I'm sorry but I can't help but like the fact that its got a mid mounted Holden V8. In fact more vehicles would benefit from having mid mounted Holden V8's I reckon. Does it just piss you off that every second boat's like that?

#43 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

No, problem is due to the steep prop angle the maximum speed is about 90kph.

Doesnt matter if its as is or has 1000hp, it will only do 90kph.

I dont ski, so usability in that instance doesnt really phase me.

Rear mount or a dual stage jet would be far better suited to my personal use for the boat.

Update coming....

Cheers.

#44 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

Update time update time.

Been ultra slack for updates, but anyway, picking up where we left off....

Took the cowl to work and painted it, easyer than cleaning up an area here. Then brought it home and fitted it up, fitted the new guages (again), fitted some new catches, etc.

Also painted the rims, polished the outers and got some new light truck tires fitted. Im not a fan, they dont have the white wall, but these ones arnt cracked, and they were cheap, so thats all that matters.

And most importantly i purchased a Holden Lion decal from sstorana to cover up the Savage decal in the middle of my steering wheel.

Picks.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then i finished fitting it out, pulled the exhaust S pipes back off and fitted a bung so i can use my nice new LM-2 on it, replaced the old worn exhaust studs with new ones and mechanical lock nuts, put the floor/interior back in, and got it ready to take out on the water today.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Future race boat driver hehehehe
Posted Image

Sadly this stupid weather is still no good, its overcast and sprinkling rain occasionally which doesnt phase me, but its also quiet windy, wnet to have a look at the river and it is choppy as shit, no good for Hustler.

So perhaps next weekend i might finally get some picks of her in the water.

Cheers.

#45 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:11 PM

I shipped a boat over there with the perfect engine for that....the scoop is even the right color :)

Attached Files

#46 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

frOck putting that in my boat, just give me the whole boat.

dont like that scoop, looks tacky, a double version of the hilborn style one i have on mine would look much nicer.

But hey, im old school.

Cheers.

#47 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

Another one I sent had a tunnel rammed big block...and a nicer looking scoop, but can't seem to find a pic at the moment, hmmmmm....

Nice one you got coming along though! B)

#48 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

Yeah mate like i've said a few times in the thread its not really the boat for me, being mid mount and plastic powered, but i do like a lot about it, cool haped hull, real stripped out basic hot rod looking kinda thing, especially sitting in the water beside some new malibu or comparative bit of crap

And its reasonably fun considering how slow it is haha. 55mph just aint fast enough!!!

Plus it still owes me bugger all, just looking at the market a bit recently i think i could make a couple of grand on it when i decide to sell, so bonus.

Cheers.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 06 March 2011 - 03:40 PM.

#49 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

Let ,e know when I will bring the camera and get some pic'ies

#50 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

Not many picks you can get from the bank im afraid mate, its 6knots no wake untill around the first corner, so yeah boring photo's.

If its quiet i could probably do some trick shit in the naughty area just for photo's, pretty big fine if caught though.

And i still maintain you wont fit in the boat, as much as you think you can :tease:

Cheers.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 06 March 2011 - 06:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users