CLUB REGO VIC TORANA CLUB

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:40 PM

i was wondering if anyone out there is a memeber of the victorian torana club as i am interested in joining to help me get my v8 lc coupe on club reg also cause i love the toranas! anywho down to business i have been looking into having my torana ive been doing up on club rego for a while as its cheaper then full reg ive heard rumors that no engineers reports are needed for this. i also was wondering if i do get club reg say with the torana club of vic then would i be able to take my car down to calder parks friday night street drags or wont it count as its not an official club event etc any help will be apreciated thanks chevy

ALSO I HEARD RUMOR CLUB REGO MAY CHANGE WITHIN THE NEXT 12 MONTHS SO YOU CAN DRIVE YOU CAR FOR UP TO 90 DAYS EVEN IF IT ISNT A EVENT (JUST A OLD SUNDAY DRIVE PERHAPS) ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN BACK THIS UP?????? OR KNOW IF ITS GOING TO COME IN OR WHEN ?????????

#2 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:46 PM

u wanna talk to a guy on here named heath. all your vic torana club questions can be answered by him.

#3 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:06 PM

THANKS MATE IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND NEED TO KNOW IF THE TORANA CLUB HAS ANY EVENTS IN BENDIGO AS WELL CAUSE THATS WHERE IM BASED

#4 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:24 PM

G'day Chevy, I've heard about the new 90-day scheme but I'm not sure when (or possibly whether) it will be actually introduced.

In the case of the 90-day Club Permits, your runs do not have to be official 'Club' runs, and you can 'test and tune' the vehicle in your local area without bothering with the Log Books etc AFAIK.

But to apply for club rego you've gotta have some input into the club and attend some events, we're not just here so you can get cheaper rego.

On that note, I also expect the costs of Club rego will go up with the new system being considered/planned.

And also keep in mind that the plates our club uses are "CH" or "Classic" plates, which are made for vehicles which are as original as possible.

If you've got a V8 LC then you may not be eligible because it's obviously extensively modified, not that there's anything wrong with that, but "SR" or "Street Rod" plates may be more suitable for your needs. (We have nothing to do with "SR" plates, you can cruise with us if you have them, but we're not associated with them as such.)

I'll pass your messages on to some committee members of the club... if Peter doesn't look at this before then and give his advice.

P.S. Off my head can't think of any events in your direction coming up soon but I could be wrong.

Edited by Heath, 07 May 2006 - 09:27 PM.

#5 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:26 PM

ALSO I HEARD RUMOR CLUB REGO MAY CHANGE WITHIN THE NEXT 12 MONTHS SO YOU CAN DRIVE YOU CAR FOR UP TO 90 DAYS EVEN IF IT ISNT A EVENT (JUST A OLD SUNDAY DRIVE PERHAPS) ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN BACK THIS UP?????? OR KNOW IF ITS GOING TO COME IN OR WHEN ?????????

Yes thats true, this is under consideration at the moment. You will need to carry a logbook and enter the journey details before you start, maximum of 90 days per year. l hope it comes in as the current club rego is useless IMO, l want some freedom on when l take my cars out.

#6 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:29 PM

l hope it comes in as the current club rego is useless IMO, l want some freedom on when l take my cars out.

I wouldn't say that. At the end of the day it's better to have something that nothing, I think the proposed system sounds too good to be true! :spoton:

It's not perfect, but it's seriously cheap.

#7 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:35 PM

o ok thanks heath and i would attend club events is there any chance of in the future that the torana club will associate with the street rod club rego? also do you know if it is mandatory to have a hadfield chassis kit installed in a lc-lj with an 8 thanks

#8 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:16 PM

l hope it comes in as the current club rego is useless IMO, l want some freedom on when l take my cars out.

I wouldn't say that. At the end of the day it's better to have something that nothing, I think the proposed system sounds too good to be true! :spoton:

It's not perfect, but it's seriously cheap.

Well it was IMO :huh:

What is the point of putting my cars on club rego and then being able to use them at most 3 days per month when the club has events? Hence the reason VicRoads are looking at a more practical system. Doesnt matter how cheap it is if you cant use your cars when it suits you.

#9 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:09 PM

I'm with you Mondie, the 90 day proposal is nothing short of fantastic. Top marks to whoever thought that one up.

#10 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:39 PM

Heath, has the VIC torana club ever considerd maybe geting the use of SR plates as theres alot of toranas out there with decent mods? Or are they only interestd in CH classic type toranas in there club...Maybe if they did such a change there would be a huge increase in members numbers or are the clubs numbers going good?

If the VIC torana club doesnt accomadate for these types of modified toranas what are they to do, is there anyother car club in VIC that will bring them on as a member and accomadate for there mods...

I have recently decided to do my torana hatch a lot less modified, Im only useing a mild 308 basicly stock with a mild cam and a trimatic with no stall converta, the 9" diff is being removed and im useing a 10bolt sulsbury.. the car will run HZ disk brakes rear and HQ front disk with harrop steering arms, Its basicly much like an A9X without all the detail.. Its just a basic almost stock running gear wich can be engineerd very easily.. With the correct engineers report will i be able to get club rego with the VTC? Keep in mind this car will be almost stock besides the rear diff and brakes wich a A9X used from factory so i dont class them as extreme mods, yet the VTC might think of them as extreme..

John

#11 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:45 AM

Chevy 253: Your best bet to find out about the Chassis kit for your Torana is to call either an Auto Engineer or the Vicroads Tech Info line...

I Know that NSW RTA ( where i live) has a Tech info line that you can call and ask questions sucj as these and they can look up the relevant standards and give yout he answers as they pertain to legally registering a car!

Probably your best bet on that one ( And in my personal opinion.. I'd put the chassis kit in! Have heard theyre pretty well needed in the little torries with big hearts!!)

Cheers!

#12 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:33 PM

Look John I'd like to say yes or no but it comes down to the Scrutineer's attitude. I'll try and look into it a bit more, and also the club. Bolwell's have some extensively modified vehicles on CH plates, but it doesn't look like the VTC would be heading in that direction I gather.

I'd prefer to talk about this one on one though coz it's a bit of a delicate matter. There is a meeting tomorrow night and I'm intending to talk to Dave about the restrictions for my car... chromed stockies, murals, custom interior :rolleyes:

#13 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:31 PM

Moved to the correct section

#14 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

There is a meeting tomorrow night and I'm intending to talk to Dave about the restrictions for my car... chromed stockies, murals, custom interior

w00t. I'm in. He said I just can't make it too low. John, are you acquainted with David Vale? I'm guessing at some stage you two would have met. He's basically in control of all the Club Rego issues and 'scrutineering' or 'checking out' of cars; whatever you want to call it.

After re-reading your last reply, I think you would be fine for CH plates, and yes the club seems to be considering SR plates because a fair few people are interested, but it will probably be a long time away if it does even happen. I'm not sure what the actual club has to do to apply for them and so on... It's a bit difficult to talk to the popular people for long enough to ask them everything you want to know, while listening to interesting facts where the conversation get side-tracked :P

Everyone come to the Mystery Cruise and i'll talk to ya then :P

#15 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:41 AM

Heath thats good stuff mate thanks for that, i might no Dave but im not sure mate..

I spose custom plates are useless with club rego right?

John

#16 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:59 PM

I spose custom plates are useless with club rego right?

yes John

#17 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:33 AM

Just checked the Vicroads website regarding club membership for permits and VTC is not listed.
Could you check on this for me please Heath?

#18 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:09 AM

Just checked the Vicroads website regarding club membership for permits and VTC is not listed.
Could you check on this for me please Heath?

Dick the club has been involved with the "CH" plates for a while now.
the club has to with AOMC to be able to do this.
but i know there is a few of our club cars getting around with the "CH" plates, which were all done through the club.

#19 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:16 AM

Yep, we have a fair few members on CH Plates, some obtained them through other clubs, but most were setup through our club.

Anyway, just don't worry, talk to us and we'll sort you out. If you come along to the right event where everyone is at (hint - Maroondah Dam - 1st Oct) then you can discuss it with the people who are in charge and find the solution to any queries and doubts.

#20 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, no dramas guys, but I just wanted to point out I couldn't find the VTC on the Vicroads site, that's all....
Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Vicroads list of clubs

#21 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:28 PM

Heath,

You seem pretty up on club rego, any idea on when the 90 day permit system may start in Vic? Vicroads have kicked it around for a while but l have not heard a start date.

Cheers

#22 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:36 PM

Sorry to cut in Mondie, but on another thread, someone mentioned Easter next year....

#23 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:47 PM

Yes, Peter told me it wouldn't be introduced until at least Easter of 2007 as Dick just pointed out. I can't confirm that, but he knows more about it than me

#24 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:02 PM

Did you have a chance to view that link Heath?

#25 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:13 PM

lol, yes, sorry. It will be looked into.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users