Lakeside 50th anniversary meetings

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

Looks like lakeside will be putting on some great racing this year.

http://www.qldracewa....php?menu=qrl01

#2 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

Rocket...you just made my day...Missus' car does meeting 1 and 3...I do meeting 2 for Formula cars.Are you on some email list?..How do I get there?
R

Edited by rorym, 03 January 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#3 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

No not on any email list mate, just seen a story in the local paper on it, so checked out the web site.Take the Deception bay exit, then head west for about 10 minutes, easy to find !

#4 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

Yeah know where it is...been there too many times..guessing the lake is right up now...
R

#5 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:35 PM

.Are you on some email list?..How do I get there?
R

Just had a look at QLD Raceways website and you can subscribe to a newsletter HERE

As for how to get there, I just plug "Lakeside" into my GPS and away I go (although I dont think thats what you meant Rory, but Rods directions are pretty good none the less hehehehe).

Another site of interest is Track Attack HERE I think you need to join the forum to receive newsletters. I receive them but cant remember how I got onto the list.

Also worth noting for QTCC members is that Lakeside and QR (including Willowbank Raceway) are sanctioned SIV runs for ANY event held at those locations.

Thanks for posting this up Rod, I reckon there is club run or two to be had in those 50 year celebrations.

Cheers,

T

#6 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:26 PM

Mate you guys are mad if you DONT turn up to the last meeting of the NC Touring cars...thats the bash and crash meeting...reckon we will go down just for a look..
R

#7 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

Well the entry forms arrived...$350 per car!!...I said Thanks but no thanks...up from $200...
2 days later we get a call ...she says they are ringing around as they dont have enough entries!
WELL NO SHIT!!!!!
R

#8 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

Will be there at all 4 meets as a spectator.

#9 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

Might be slim pickings..
R

Rocket...you just made my day...Missus' car does meeting 1 and 3...I do meeting 2 for Formula cars.Are you on some email list?..How do I get there?
R

I meant the email list....I have left skin on Lakeside...I know where it is...only too well!..lol!
R

#10 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

Have you been thinking about that or 2 months buddy ? Was waiting for something ! You are 1 of the lakeside legends, of course you know where its at !

#11 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

Lol!
No I just re-read the thread....Yeah won a few there on 2 wheels.
R

#12 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

Just had a long email chat with John Tetley from Lakeside and Qld Raceway fame about the Lakeside 50th Anniversary and costs of entry fees for same. Will be interesting if he sees my point of view about what the competitors see as value.He really wants to hear my point of view from a ground roots competitor. This has been very refreshing that a CEO of Qld Raceway and Lakeside would take the time to talk to me and get suggestions on how to bring more cars out of the sheds to display/race at Lakesides 50Th celebrations. I am VERY impressed.
I will keep you posted.
R

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users