Cool Monaro found in Sydney

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:23 AM

Here's some pics of something I found in the city of: one way streets and white taxis that blend with police cars and rare to find petrol stations & 24hour food places.
Yep, I'm talking about the city of Sydney.

Posted Image

But when you're there, you rarely see historic or classic cars on the road (and I always look out for them). You mainly see new cars everywhere and rows of ricers with beenies on jampacked in traffic jams (like in George St) at night showing their fully sick power at crawling speed and sharing their music with the world.
I hired a car (it was a total gutless shitbox: they call it a Lancer or something, I dunno, but it had a bag of rice in the boot for some odd reason) and drove around a lot over 2 days and I only saw 1 LX Torana Hatchback and 1 XY GT and 1 Chev Bellair and then, Like a big red spot that stand outs amongst the entire city and surrounding area and virtually stops traffic, turning heads everywhere, I saw this and hitched a ride:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice Huh? :spoton: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Pictures taken at Bondi Beach

#2 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:58 AM

That's a sweet looking ride there Tiny and I have to agree about the shortage of classic cars on the roads of Sydney,nothing but wankers in their ricers reving their cars and beeing deafend by their stereos.All the classics are probably hidden safely in garages so no ricer wanker would smash into them.Mind you down here in Melbourne there is plenty of wankers to,all you have to do is go for a cruise on Chapel st. on a saturday night.

#3 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:05 AM

I dunno, is that scoop legal height? Big and little wheels-ie drag racing look, cop bait if you ask me, and who'd have a red car? I mean really....sorry Tiny you know i'm just F$%&king with ya :spoton: , sweet ride mate!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:06 AM

hehe my old mans old stomping grounds...

you got a very love hq coupe tiny, no expense spared with the detail

opera house is looking quite old now

#5 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:22 AM

Spoto a HQ monaro, a red HQ two door.

Hey man thats a sweet noise you got there mate...

Very nice Tiny very nice indeed..

John

Edited by TORANASS, 09 May 2006 - 11:22 AM.

#6 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:24 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention, the pics were taken last weekend.

#7 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:49 AM

off topic toranm amore who is the chick on your bonnet, your girlfriend??? been meaning to ask for ages.
Very nice bonnet emblem where can you buy one???

Edited by GML-31, 09 May 2006 - 11:49 AM.

#8 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:30 PM

hehe Thanks Rick, It was a pleasure to catch up and take you for a short spin mate! At least you got to see and probably more importantly hear the car ( And proof it is REAL at least! LOL).

You can see just how streetable it really is while still being able to pack a reasonable punch down the 1/4 mile.. Thats why i'm so happy with the car.. I just have to fix thse few new gremiln nests and we'll be underway again!

NOSLH: She's pretty flashy and turns some heads.. but *knocks on his head*... TOuch wood ive had only positive reactions from the boys and girls in blue! its been great :)

Kangur, Dan, John: Thanks for the kind comments guys! Lots of blood sweat and beers :)

Cheers!

#9 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:44 PM

off topic toranm amore who is the chick on your bonnet, your girlfriend??? been meaning to ask for ages.
Very nice bonnet emblem where can you buy one???

HAHAHAHA, They're TORANR fans :D

hehe Thanks Rick, It was a pleasure to catch up and take you for a short spin mate! At least you got to see and probably more importantly hear the car ( And proof it is REAL at least! LOL).

Yeah mate, it was good, thanks for the joyride :spoton: And yeah it sounds wild, but not over the top, especially with the geardrives, and yet very streetable. I don't think you'll get hassled much by the cops. I think they'll admire the beast more than anything else.

#10 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:57 PM

Hope so mate! As i said i drive pretty reasonably....dont give em any reason to harras me! :)

Good to catch up mate.. thanks for the lamb sandwich for breakfast ;)

Cheers! :rockon:

#11 _tj81_

_tj81_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:09 PM

is that a dint in the front guard or just the light playing tricks ?

#12 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:10 PM

Light playing tricks! ( Fark you had be worried then!)

#13 _tj81_

_tj81_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:13 PM

i assumed it was tiny, i figured we all would have known about it if it was !! :)

#14 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:14 PM

hehe yeah.. Luckily Rick didnt photograph teh other side.. that's where i had the "discussion" with the front fence though thats been repaired...

Cheers!

#15 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:41 PM

Always loved the shape of old 2 door moaros... maybe one day in the future ill build one too... but i love that colour tiny! Bloody good work... if i win powerball this thursday my shout for a set of large tubs and airbags ride for the car!

Btw the way you get the oil problem fixed?

Denis
Lostit

#16 gooley

gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car:Holden Torana LC 1970 Coupe

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:58 PM

man thats is one of the Nicest Monaros i have ever seen and im glad that a Responsible driver does drive it carefully cos a car like that shouldnt be driven by a wanker

#17 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

Light playing tricks! ( Fark you had be worried then!)

Factory, "character lines" their acceptable. :clap:

#18 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:04 AM

Denis: Thanks mate :) Its taken alot of work to get there! THe colour is actually a custom colour i really love it too! Ive got me fingers crossed for your powerball win mate hehehe!!
As for the engine problem, Mate i havent had the time or the money to get that engine out to look at it! So no i havent found out WHY its happening yet! Will definitely keep you all posted when we work it out :)

Gooley: Many thanks mate, I take care of the car, but there's nothing i enjoy more than giving it a good hiding on the track or the skidpan.. I'm certainly not afraid to drive it! Thanks again!

SPJ: LOL good call.. As a mate of mine once said.. My car is good from afar... but far from good :)

Thanks again everyone :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users