Car Show Liverpool ths Saturday

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

I will be taking the our FX ,in case the fun police turn up .

you might to take the bottle of wine out of the wine holder in your boot

cheers grant

Their for emergencies , if it won't start (6V system)

#27 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:39 AM

^ Bruce - You jinxed yourself!!

Well done guys,
What an awesome turnout, I heard that $5500 was raised from donations on the night, with the All Holden Day committee donating an additional $2000 to the pot.

SO a grand total of $7500 - Well done :)

Glad to catch up with so many good people all through the night, Catch you all again soon!

Cheers
Tiny and Simmo.

#28 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:39 AM

I was just getting into the mood of the appeal , by flooding the FX ,thanks Kieth for the Jumper leads . A great effort By the organizers and The All Holden Day Committee ,and always good to see quality cars in mass,and plenty of Humpy's (FX FJ's ).

#29 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

Well, where are they, did anyone take any, come on post em up don't keep us all in suspense.

#30 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

Posted Image

All I got andit was on the way there.

Come on Bruce, you were taking heaps of photos :driving:

#31 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

I don't post many pictures now , as there are a lot of club members , and friends cars , and this is not members only part of the forum .

#32 LHSL

LHSL

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Name:Phillip
  • Car:1974 LH SL; 2 x 1975 LH S Toranas

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Was shocked with the quality and the variety on displayr! Was a great night, especially seeing so many cars I have never seen before. Will probably be out there this weekend in my friend's XY.
Cheers,
Phillip

#33 MONZA1

MONZA1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

Lots of nice cars there.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My vote for coolest car on the night. :wink:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 MONZA1

MONZA1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

It was amazing how much was able to be organised with only a couple of days notice. It was great for Pinky to donate his time.

Posted Image

Lots of raffle tickets got sold.

The auctions were also well received.
Posted Image

Well done to those who took part.

#35 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:15 AM

It's great to see this event mentioned in the mainstream media. Also got a mention on 2UE this afternoon. :D

Let's hope this is well supported and we can raise some big $$ & show what the car fraternity has to offer the community.

yes and lets just hope it doesnt raise any funds for nsw by way of fines and defects like tfest.

#36 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

I don't post many pictures now , as there are a lot of club members , and friends cars , and this is not members only part of the forum .

The way I look at it is, if a car is on show for the public to view eg at a car show then photo's wont matter. The same applies for my car of course.

Cheers
Herne

#37 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:50 AM

There were cops there Rob but just general duties having a look.

Friendly and involved, none of the the stuff that had happened previously.

#38 Ruts

Ruts

How Fast!?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Car:Blown A9X replica, Black SS hatchback, LH SLR5000

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

It's great to see this event mentioned in the mainstream media. Also got a mention on 2UE this afternoon. :D

Let's hope this is well supported and we can raise some big $$ & show what the car fraternity has to offer the community.

yes and lets just hope it doesnt raise any funds for nsw by way of fines and defects like tfest.

Don't worry it will happen. It always has and always will thanks to the usual mob of D@#$h&^%s that show up and want to show how they can a do a 10 metre burnout as they leave. Give it time.

#39 Ruts

Ruts

How Fast!?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

There were cops there Rob but just general duties having a look.

Friendly and involved, none of the the stuff that had happened previously.

I spoke to the cops that were there and they are just car lovers like us. They weren't there to patrol and report they were there to also savour the atmosphere. If it was the cops I was speaking to they were not a GD crew and one of them was even out of my class so it gave me a chance to catch up and share a few war stories. These guys even bought themselves some raffle tickets.

See, we're not all that bad.
Ruts

#40 _HDT673_

_HDT673_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

Don't worry it will happen. It always has and always will thanks to the usual mob of D@#$h&^%s that show up and want to show how they can a do a 10 metre burnout as they leave. Give it time.

Out of the 5 or so times I have been to the monthly Saturday night Harry's gathering I can only recall seeing a caged truck cruise through the macca's carpark then leave once a night. Thus far it has been a well behaved event and I think has a good reputation with the boys and girls in blue. I think the lack of alcohol probably goes a long way towards this. Even when I have left to go home (Cumberland Hwy) I have never seen the cops up the road waiting to pull people over.

Edited by HDT673, 17 January 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#41 Ruts

Ruts

How Fast!?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

I think the lack of alcohol probably goes a long way towards this.

Good point.

#42 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

its a pity i missed this one , some nice pics thanks for sharing.

#43 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

I agree with above posts. In all the times i've been to Harry's, i've never had any problems with Police. My car isn't 100% legal to the letter of the law, but the mods that aren't are not safety related, more so noise. If anything, most of the mods i've done have made my car safer & more road friendly than it would've been when it was brand new. Some of the Police would know that too, but because i don't draw attention to myself with stupid driving & i show respect & consideration to all around me, these Police leave me be & usualy admire my car for what it is. At the end of the day, most Police are like us, but they have a job to do & some times it is the wankers in the stock V6 VR Commodores with chaser rims & stereo systems worth more than the car itself acting stupid with "look at me everyone" antics that can put a dampener on events like this, not the Police themselves. Just my opinion.

#44 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

I agree with above posts. In all the times i've been to Harry's, i've never had any problems with Police. My car isn't 100% legal to the letter of the law, but the mods that aren't are not safety related, more so noise. If anything, most of the mods i've done have made my car safer & more road friendly than it would've been when it was brand new. Some of the Police would know that too, but because i don't draw attention to myself with stupid driving & i show respect & consideration to all around me, these Police leave me be & usualy admire my car for what it is. At the end of the day, most Police are like us, but they have a job to do & some times it is the wankers in the stock V6 VR Commodores with chaser rims & stereo systems worth more than the car itself acting stupid with "look at me everyone" antics that can put a dampener on events like this, not the Police themselves. Just my opinion.

Like the white one with the red and blue flashing lights that drove past you and ruts while you were talking to 2 friendly officers

#45 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

They were also on the side of the road , a few Km's up , when I left .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users