WINDSCREENS & AUTO GLASS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

When restoring my Toranas, one item i've never given much thought to were the windscreens & i've always re-fitted the original toughened ones. They are of similar construction to the side & rear glass, meaning if they recieve a heavy enough impact, they shatter into thousands of small splinters. I was planning my trip down to Summernats & the reality of this was brought to my attention, so to protect my family & myself from the possibility of having glass splinters showered into our faces, i decided to update to a modern & safer laminated windscreen. I'm very passionate about my Toranas, so i didn't trust just any glass fitter to do the job, i wanted someone who knows these cars & is equally passionate about them as i, so i made a call to unclefestal34s (Joe) whom i knew to be a automotive glass fitter with years of experience & a fellow Torana enthusiast as well. What can i say, Joe had the new windscreen the next day & went out of his way to remove the original windscreen from my car & fit the new one the same day. Now i'm not one to let just anyone work on my cars, but the care, dedication & proffessionalism Joe exibited while working on my car really impressed me & put my mind at ease. I can't speak highly enough of his work & from now on, Joe will be handling all my windscreen fitting etc on my cars. Very competively priced, excellent quality work & really knows his buisness when it comes to these cars, driving home from Summernats through pouring rain & not so much as a hint of a leak from the windscreen. Anyone considering or needing a new windscreen, or re-fitting an original, i highly recommend a call to Joe 0418293330.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

And it doesnt have the gay black bit around the outside that most new type windscreens for Toranas have....AWESOME.

Cheers.

#3 _DrFegg_

_DrFegg_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:31 AM

Does anybody know if its possible to still get the windscreens WITHOUT the blue at the top of the screen? Im being told you cant (im in melbourne) but am still searching.

#4 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

Does anyone know if you can still get new rear windscreens for a sedan, don't need one now but i will later on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users