Queensland Flood Victims Charity Cruise Night. Brisbane. This Sat. 22/1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _HQ SS_

_HQ SS_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

Hi everyone I am posting this for a fellow HQ SS group member.

Hi people, there is a cruise night this saturday 22 January in Brisbane to raise funds for the people worse effected by the recent flood crisis, namely those in the Lockyer Valley who have lost everything.
Starting at Harrys Diner, Windsor, at 6PM and heading to Caboolture. All vehicles welcome and donations very much appreciated. Bad behavior and general idiots will NOT be tolerated.
Hoping to see an SS or two there.
More info is on the facebook link below. Will post some pics afterwards.
Cheers, Steve.

http://www.facebook....163825513664096

The original thread is here
http://www.concourse...php?topic=339.0
Cheers Paul.

#2 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

Thanks for that mate. I have sent this out to all QTCC members.

Cheers,

Tony

#3 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

Sounds great, would love to be there but i think i'll still be cleaning out my shed after the flood decided for me that it was time i had a big clean up in the shed.

Wayne

#4 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

Thats a shame to hear about the shed clean up Wayne, I hope is isnt too bad mate.

Word on the grapevine is there are about 600 cars so far attending. Mellisa, Wes and I will cruise up in the daily for a sticky beak but not go on the cruise. Im sure Wes will like seeing all the cool cars arriving at Harrys.

Sounds like it is going to be HUGE !!

#5 _HQ SS_

_HQ SS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

This is what has been posted on AussieV8 about the cruise tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by organisers
"1st this event will be held regardless of rain, hail or shine.

POLICE
The various departments of the QPS have been notified about this cruise, their message is simple: As it is a charity event for the Grantham Flood Appeal they do not have a problem with this at all, they will HOWEVER come down hard on person or persons that do not abide by the Queensland Road Rules or the Anti-Hooning Laws. They will also not tolerate undesirable behaviour in public. So PLEASE we cannot stress enough, you wont have a problem provided you keep your behaviour within the requirements of the law. You and SOLELY you will be responsible for your ACTIONS. Remember this is a fundraiser for those unfortunate people that have lost everything and been through so much already � we want this to be a gathering to remember and not because of bad press. Thanking you all in advance.

PARKING
Please leave the parking at Harrys to the big modified cars. If you�re taking any other car, bike etc along could you please park down or across the street.

At approximately 9.00pm we will be cruising to the Sundowner, can everybody let the cars from Harrys Diner proceed out onto the road 1st. This will minimize damage, overheating etc and please once again I ask for everyone to be patient.

RAFFLES AND DONATIONS
On the night we will have various raffles running at Harrys, these will be $10 a ticket as well as sealed money tins for donations. Please dig deep for those so unfortunate to have lost everything.

Last but not least we would like to thank everyone for their wonderful support and generosity and lets all have a great night and one to remember for the right reasons.

See you all there at 6PM! "

Cheers Paul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users