enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

Does that panel gap at the bonnet look familiar Laz?

#27 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

You could start here.

http://www.yellowpag...69-listing.html

#28 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

This looks like a promising candidate.

Posted Image

Or check these out.
http://forums.biante...=11825&page=137

Edited by wot179, 03 February 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#29 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

This one looks like a good candidate too.

Posted Image

#30 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:20 PM

That second one at least has the flares from the same mould.

#31 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

I think the second car is Bob Tindal.

But dont take that as gospel.

#32 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

Does that panel gap at the bonnet look familiar Laz?

no it looks ok and everything is where it should be ! :blink2: not re-arranged :dontknow:

#33 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

got my vote !!!........... how about a few more pics and some names , might be able to help you get started .

laz

i gave the car a sand in a few spots think it was red to begin with like xu1 found patchs of black around window frames and sill panel

any chance brodie it could of been a XU1? OR GTR ?

#34 _brodie27_

_brodie27_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

got my vote !!!........... how about a few more pics and some names , might be able to help you get started .

laz

i gave the car a sand in a few spots think it was red to begin with like xu1 found patchs of black around window frames and sill panel

any chance brodie it could of been a XU1? OR GTR ?

think so has a big set of ap brake callipers all round full floating harrop rear end with spaxx coil overs boot totaly cut out and tube welded in like hdt'sbeast was with a small alloy drop tankwill post more photos soon

#35 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:16 AM

Someone in your State's Sports Sedan association is likely to know the car/history.

the roll cage in the car has old scruitaneering sticker from simmons plains raced there in the 70s

Does it say what year in the 1970's it was at Simmons plains,a few LJ's were raced as Sport sedans in Tassy from around 1974-1980 etc. Gene Cook raced the old Bryan Thompson V8 one,cooky painted it Black when he owned it,then he moved onto a L34 Torana,i know of a few guys from that racing era in Tassy,that might remember the car,whats the original colour of the car ????

#36 _brodie27_

_brodie27_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

Someone in your State's Sports Sedan association is likely to know the car/history.

the roll cage in the car has old scruitaneering sticker from simmons plains raced there in the 70s

Does it say what year in the 1970's it was at Simmons plains,a few LJ's were raced as Sport sedans in Tassy from around 1974-1980 etc. Gene Cook raced the old Bryan Thompson V8 one,cooky painted it Black when he owned it,then he moved onto a L34 Torana,i know of a few guys from that racing era in Tassy,that might remember the car,whats the original colour of the car ????

its white now if i sand a patch it has a cream looking primer and then it looks black then red i think the red is original colour
hasnt got year on sticker it was a v8 but now there telling me it was a 302 ford motor what tha

#37 _brodie27_

_brodie27_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

its white now if i sand a patch it has a cream looking primer and then it looks black then red i think the red is original colour
hasnt got year on sticker it was a v8 but now there telling me it was a 302 ford motor what tha

here are some more pix of car

Attached Files

#38 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

http://www.historicr...&born_year=1935

I'm only stabbing in the dark

#39 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

All sports sedans are beasts. Rules are open so anything goes as it is a development class. Remember watching a Holden Calibra from Melbourne. He missed qualifying, started from the pits, rounded the field up and finished the race near 3/4 a lap in front of the next car. The general shape was all that resembled a Calibra, and it ran a 6.0L Chev or a Chev of some sort. At some stage he drove through somebody's picnic, as the picnick table got caught under the front spoiler!!! Well that's what the front spoiler looked like anyways. Glass is generally all changed to perspex, cept for the windscreen.

Guy at the end of the road has a Ford Capri running a Holden (Buick) V6??? At least you can make out the Capri bit with that one still (at the moment).

Edited by Yella SLuR, 07 February 2011 - 08:37 PM.

#40 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

http://www.historicracing.com/driversBorn.cfm?fullText=2124&decyear=1930&born_year=1935

I'm only stabbing in the dark

interesting reading about BT , the torana was built from an LC that was originally Judith Durham's car ! may answer that question, at least what happened to it.

brodie , get the orbital sander out and start on the roof , long strokes from front screen to back screen and take photos as you go , this will reveal previous paint jobs that are still existing underneath the current paint.

send me a pm with your email address and i will send you some pics of what i did.

larry

#41 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:06 AM

If this is the car, then how good would it be!! It beat the Beast!!
You're looking for someone to share a pit with aren't you Laz?

Grant..

#42 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

Here the BT Car after gene cook owned it,the wheels look the same that are on your car,look in the boot to see if it had the LC Side little light on the car

Attached Files

#43 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

Here the BT Car after gene cook owned it,the wheels look the same that are on your car,look in the boot to see if it had the LC Side little light on the car,

When Gene Cook owned the Ex B.Thompson Car, Cooky won alot of rces with it in Tassy,i think he might of beat Brocky in it in Tassy or came very close to.Gene Cook lives in Victoria now,i have his work number,maybe he might be worth contacting about to I.D this car to see if it is the B.Thopson V8 Torana,but do what Larry has said and sand the roof down to see the colours and take pics of that.

#44 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

Here the BT Car after gene cook owned it,the wheels look the same that are on your car,look in the boot to see if it had the LC Side little light on the car

This car has Mawers, the other car has Rebels

#45 _brodie27_

_brodie27_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

This car has Mawers, the other car has Rebels

i tend to think it is the bob tindal car i the other pic
when i sand the car found heaps of red need to take some photos

#46 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

have you found out any more about the engine ? , when they mentioned the engine and told you it was a 302 are you sure it was a ford ? and not a 302 small block chev ?
laz

#47 _brodie27_

_brodie27_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:22 AM

have you found out any more about the engine ? , when they mentioned the engine and told you it was a 302 are you sure it was a ford ? and not a 302 small block chev ?
laz

thats what i reckon but why the ford sticker on the back

#48 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

VERY Similar to this one
Posted Image

Found Here - http://www.sportssed...p?a=topic&t=276

#49 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:01 PM

Pretty sure its not this one because the guards are different (look where the vents are) and the black one has the LC headlight surrounds, this one has LJ.

Obviously they could have been changed but I would think it is unlikely.

Either way this thing is awesome and I am really enjoying the hunt to find out which car it is.

#50 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

VERY Similar to this one

Found Here - http://www.sportssed...p?a=topic&t=276

Yeah but diffferent wheels, spoiler, no hole in the boot, badge on the grill is different, mirror is a different shape, but yeah, there are some similarities.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users